[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

25 minutes ago, si2504 said:

why does it seem as though the full size F9 Crew Dragon only just has enough deltaV to make it into a 150KM orbit on a 2.5x scale solar system? am i missing something? Also i've looked into the configs for the F9 1.1 tank capacities, what are these volumes measured in? for example the 1st stage tank has a LF capacity of 14,434......

Yes I would say that you are missing the SpaceX-RO-Falcons :)

If you install it, you will have all realistic values, if you prefer Kerbin instead Earth is just a question of delete kopernicus from Gamedata/kopernicus after the installation described on wiki of (SpaceX-RO-Falcons).

It would look like this:

Edited by pmborg

7 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Yes I would say that you are missing the SpaceX-RO-Falcons :)

If you install it, you will have all realistic values, if you prefer Kerbin instead Earth is just a question of delete kopernicus from Gamedata/kopernicus after the installation described on wiki of (SpaceX-RO-Falcons).

It would look like this:

i'm on 1.8.1, would they still work?

Just now, pmborg said:

No.

1.10 is 20% faster than 1.9 and 1.11 is 5% faster than 1.10... why stay so behind, just for curiosity?

purely because i'm using a stock sized SS thats scaled up to 2.5x with sigma dimensions. however it's only compatible with 1.8 atm unfortunately.

11 minutes ago, si2504 said:

purely because i'm using a stock sized SS thats scaled up to 2.5x with sigma dimensions. however it's only compatible with 1.8 atm unfortunately.

I never tried but... in theory... this mod:

Could do it in any version, when paired with Kopernicus for 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11...

2 hours ago, pmborg said:

I never tried but... in theory... this mod:

Could do it in any version, when paired with Kopernicus for 1.9, 1.10 or 1.11...

yeah unfortunately its the planet mod that isn't compatible with 1.9 +, not the rescale.  Also looking through the config files  of the F9, how come the S1 fuel tank is half the mass of the S2 fuel tank? im pretty sure i have installed the 'real size' configs for these but the numbers don't seem to compare to their real life counter parts.... such as the thrust for the Merlin1D engine, 425kN?

12 minutes ago, si2504 said:

yeah unfortunately its the planet mod that isn't compatible with 1.9 +, not the rescale.  Also looking through the config files  of the F9, how come the S1 fuel tank is half the mass of the S2 fuel tank? im pretty sure i have installed the 'real size' configs for these but the numbers don't seem to compare to their real life counter parts.... such as the thrust for the Merlin1D engine, 425kN?

Yes, indeed you are right the default configs are intended to be used in stock and they are not realistic so that's why I am doing and using the SpaceX-RO-Falcons

Because it allows the telemetry of KSP and real SpaceX telemetry match with an error of less than 1%.

21 hours ago, pmborg said:

Yes, indeed you are right the default configs are intended to be used in stock and they are not realistic so that's why I am doing and using the SpaceX-RO-Falcons

Because it allows the telemetry of KSP and real SpaceX telemetry match with an error of less than 1%.

Hi sorry to bug you again, is it at all possible to adjust the vectoring of the draco thrusters? The crew dragon module is quite unbalanced with the center of thrust being a little further forward than the center of mass, causing big spins when trying to execute maneuver nodes. 

1 hour ago, si2504 said:

Hi sorry to bug you again, is it at all possible to adjust the vectoring of the draco thrusters? The crew dragon module is quite unbalanced with the center of thrust being a little further forward than the center of mass, causing big spins when trying to execute maneuver nodes. 

Hello,

I am just doing the RO specs for this mod, but for sure  @Kartoffelkuchen can reply you on that.

4 hours ago, Turksat5A said:

KK please add Turksat 5A fairing please...

You can do this yourself. Add a texture to \Launchers Pack\Rockets\SpaceX\PayloadFairingtextures (there is a example yourowntexture.png), call it like Turksat.png. Then go to the config of the Fairing and put something like this between the other variants:

VARIANT
		{
			name = turksat
			displayName = turksat
			themeName = turksat
			primaryColor = #ffffff
			secondaryColor = #eeeeee
			TEXTURE
			{
				mainTextureURL = Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/PayloadFairingtextures/Turksat
			}
		}

Edited by Cheesecake

On 1/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, pmborg said:

No.

1.10 is 20% faster than 1.9 and 1.11 is 5% faster than 1.10... why stay so behind, just for curiosity?

Don't want to butt into this thread, but I reckon for the same reason RO/RP-0 players stay in 1.2.2.  Some people just prefer to use older versions for mods.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:18 PM, Cheesecake said:

You can do this yourself. Add a texture to \Launchers Pack\Rockets\SpaceX\PayloadFairingtextures (there is a example yourowntexture.png), call it like Turksat.png. Then go to the config of the Fairing and put something like this between the other variants:

VARIANT
		{
			name = turksat
			displayName = turksat
			themeName = turksat
			primaryColor = #ffffff
			secondaryColor = #eeeeee
			TEXTURE
			{
				mainTextureURL = Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/PayloadFairingtextures/Turksat
			}
		}

Thank you very much.

Hello and good  day!

Now I am far from an expert in this game but I thought I would  share.

I attempted to replicate the SpaceX launch of 60 simultaneous satellites from the 100th flight of the Falcon 9, with out the SpaceX Mods, as I could not get the payload into orbit with what I had from ckan.  So instead I built my own.

With the limited information I could find, my understanding of the game's physics, and how all these mods play together I did get my 60 Starlinks into a 350km x 510km orbit. Then spun my payload clockwise on it center axis as I release the satellites. Unfortunately when I tried to release them all at once on my first attempt the game froze, so I had to release them in stacks of 10.  Currently I have 58 out of 60 being renamed, repositioning and opening their solar panels; the remaining two having refused to release because of possible fairing issues. 

Please keep in mind that my KSP skill is far from perfect, many of you having far more experience and knowledge then I have, but I felt this was worthwhile none the less.

Forgot to say all of my Starlinks had no fuel, I think I forgot to load them all. &) 

https://i.imgur.com/zhI981N.png

https://i.imgur.com/WeH0wl5.png

https://i.imgur.com/MezuoMa.png

https://i.imgur.com/85N9hSQ.png

https://i.imgur.com/zuQogrg.png

Edited by MissMolly

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, I love ksp said:

My test can run on 1.11x

Whenever I install this mod, it'll make the VAB black, and I won't be able to see anything if I remember correctly :(

@pmborg, thank you very much for your custom RO configs, very much appreciated! I will deffinitely try them out!

On 1/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, pmborg said:

No.

Currently RO's latest release only supports 1.8.1 - I know unoficially its working on 1.1 (RP-1 might have some issues). Most RSS/RO players are still in 1.8.1 due to this reason

Hello,

Sorry if the solution to my problem is already answered and I didn't check, but if there is a solution could you help me out anyways?

I appear to be having difficulties with the installation of this mod. No new parts show up at all. Simply nothing.

Procedure I followed:

Installed zip folder from Spacedock --> Extracted files --> Put "Kartoffelnkuchen" into KSP's GameData --> Put the rescaled config into KSP's GameData --> Put the rescaled ships into the save file's ships.

Possible issues:

Any required mods that I might have missed. I have ModuleManager.

Version, I run the latest KSP version.

I hear something about a "Launchers Pack" folder but cannot find it anywhere. If possible, could you link it separately?

Incompatible mods that might interfere with it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.