[1.10.1] KK's SpaceX Pack v.6.5 - 01/11/2020

On 4/19/2021 at 2:45 PM, adriangm44 said:

Hello there!

I have kind of a weird question... there's a .cfg called "...Rescale" and I would like to know what number I shlud put on the Dragon Capsule's lines in order to match Tundra Exploration's size. I noticed your Dragon Pods are slightly wider in the bottom radius than TE's ones. Any thoughts?

Don't know which scale Tundra uses. I modelled it all at 1:1 scale, so 3.66m trunk size in the game. The rescale config scales my parts down to 2.5m. And if you look at the real thing, you'll notice that the capsule is in fact wider than the Trunk at the heatshield. So if Tundra is at 2.5m scale, use my rescale config if you need to use both mods interchangeably. Any size differences at that point will be due to inaccuracies from Tundra.

14 hours ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Don't know which scale Tundra uses. I modelled it all at 1:1 scale, so 3.66m trunk size in the game. The rescale config scales my parts down to 2.5m. And if you look at the real thing, you'll notice that the capsule is in fact wider than the Trunk at the heatshield. So if Tundra is at 2.5m scale, use my rescale config if you need to use both mods interchangeably. Any size differences at that point will be due to inaccuracies from Tundra.

On my end it looks fine when using the 2.5m scale!

• 2 weeks later...

@pmborg
Hi,

In 1.10 is the Dragon Crew capsule RO config working?  I don't see the RO values from your fix-KK_SpXCD_capsule.cfg file in game and the part shows "non RO" in the title.

I've looked over both cfg files and I'm not able to spot the problem (though my .cfg skills are minimal).  

I think the other RO configs are working fine.

thanks

46 minutes ago, bmyers831 said:

@pmborg
Hi,

In 1.10 is the Dragon Crew capsule RO config working?  I don't see the RO values from your fix-KK_SpXCD_capsule.cfg file in game and the part shows "non RO" in the title.

I've looked over both cfg files and I'm not able to spot the problem (though my .cfg skills are minimal).  

I think the other RO configs are working fine.

thanks

The capsule isn't tagged as a RO part that's why. to tag a part for RO it has to have the tag "%RSSROConfig = True" or False for a WIP part. Also the capsule isn't using its RL propellant of MMH/NTO, its using normal monopropellant. So the configs are what they say they are, Work In Progress and not fully finished.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JacobPF9 said:

Hello. Where do I go to find the RO configs for Crew Dragon? I have the RO configs for the Falcon already installed. Are the configs in that file?

Was it the RO configs from pmborg? If so those configs aren't fully RO compatible and are still a WIP, hence why the Dragon capsule is still configured for Monopropellant. I don't know if he is working on completing his configs for KK Space X pack or not, and as far as I know, there isn't any other configs for KK's pack atm. I'm currently working on RO configs for Tantares Russian ISS modules and Habtech2 ISS modules, but once I have those wrapped up, I'm going to have a play with some RO configs for Falcon/Dragon if pmborg doesn't plan on getting his out of a WIP state. 

On 5/19/2021 at 11:38 PM, JacobPF9 said:

Hello. Where do I go to find the RO configs for Crew Dragon? I have the RO configs for the Falcon already installed. Are the configs in that file?

Hello,

The code for RO is here: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons

and the how to install is here: https://github.com/pmborg/SpaceX-RO-Falcons/wiki/HOW-TO-INSTALL

one of the many demos based on real performance data of this channel:

Edited by pmborg

Trying to anticipate any doubts about how to install the all RO-pack for this mod, here a basic video/demo:

- With the default demo mission, the others are available with PMBT-*...

21 hours ago, pmborg said:

There is now a new version (SpaceX-RO-Falcons) with more realism than ever, with high performance:

FPS limited to 144 (by hardware monitor)

ziICz4D.png

Is the new version of the falcon9/dragon now fully configured for RO? I know the previous release still had a little work to be done on the dragon etc for real fuels and engine specs. Also is this one scaled true to life size? The reason I ask is because I have submitted a pull request on the RO Github page for full RO support for HT2 ISS modules, which means near on real size modules, PMA ports and life support systems.

With the new version of RO Falcons, basically will the crafts be dockable with real size ISS modules?

I have done configs for Tantares Russian segments also but as Beale is updating his Library, I may hold off submitting the Tantares ones for now.

13 hours ago, si2504 said:

Is the new version of the falcon9/dragon now fully configured for RO? I know the previous release still had a little work to be done on the dragon etc for real fuels and engine specs. Also is this one scaled true to life size? The reason I ask is because I have submitted a pull request on the RO Github page for full RO support for HT2 ISS modules, which means near on real size modules, PMA ports and life support systems.

With the new version of RO Falcons, basically will the crafts be dockable with real size ISS modules?

I have done configs for Tantares Russian segments also but as Beale is updating his Library, I may hold off submitting the Tantares ones for now.

Hello @si2504

- Did you saw the videos of crew dragon mission, that I published?

- I also docked the dragon on ISS provided in another video, I will work soon in a filter for the crafts provided and missions available and that already passed in the demo missions.

- I am not 100% happy with the results because I always see margin of progress here and there, but when I compare the real performance tables in excel of real missions and what we got here in KSP I am very happy with the results.

Just to show random part of it:

AxqSRVr.png

(...)

They are indeed very similar...

- About the sizes yes all of them should have the same real sizes and the same performance.

- When you open the craft file with a notepad the real size in KSP, is there:

- For example Falcon 9 v1.2 (block5) in KSP it have 69.24m and in reality it have 70m I am quite happy with the results...

Just a snapshot on a big excel, with lots and lots of pages :) done by me, that allowed my resume main data here used to the RO and them I mapped that in the RO configs.

8MU03p5.png

rRqTPA0.png

Maybe you are missing a key point put them 60% bigger, like in my RO models that use TundraExploration parts for example!

vu0WFlW.png

Edited by pmborg

On 12/5/2020 at 11:37 AM, desamsamers said:

The crew dragon decouples from the trunk is there anything i can do to fix this (i use stock size)

Did you ever get this to work?  I've never been able to use the trunk at all.  I can build the ship, but when I go to the launch pad, the trunk and everything below it is no longer attached to the dragon capsual.

9 hours ago, MontyFox said:

Did you ever get this to work?  I've never been able to use the trunk at all.  I can build the ship, but when I go to the launch pad, the trunk and everything below it is no longer attached to the dragon capsual.

Here works: @MontyFox@desamsamers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Sepehr said:

RealPlume Does not work

It's because KK's SpaceX Pack doesn't have a .cfg that expands the plume like for say tundra, if you want it to work with real plume, you should make a .cfg yourself

On 7/13/2021 at 5:29 AM, Mike J said:

It's because KK's SpaceX Pack doesn't have a .cfg that expands the plume like for say tundra, if you want it to work with real plume, you should make a .cfg yourself

I know, but how?

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 6:49 PM, Kartoffelkuchen said:

Zv6iuC5.png

This pack provides realistic models of SpaceX's rockets and spacecraft, made for your Stock Kerbal Space Program installation.

• Crew Dragon
  • Cargo Dragon 2
  • Starlink Satellite
  • Falcon 9 with parts to make all of its versions: Block 5, Full Thrust, 1.1, 1.0
  • Falcon Heavy
  • Falcon 1
  • Interplanetary Transport System [2016 version]
  • ASDS Droneship "Just Read the Instructions" and "Of Course I Still Love You"
  • Landing Zone 1

You will find all flown Merlin versions (M1Ci, M1C, M1CV, M1D, M1DV and its subsequent upgrades), Raptor and Kestrel, 22 different payload fairing textures from real missions, booster and fairing recovery hardware, different textures for the booster, 4 different textures for Crew Dragon and 2 textures for the drone ship ("Of Course I Still Love You" and "Just Read The Instructions") included.

GvAA2vW.png

Download from Spacedock

Realism Overhaul Configs [WIP] by @pmborg

Installation

Follow the instructions in the included "readme" file. You can choose to install the parts at their real sizes or at a stock-compatible size (2.5m).

The following mods are recommended to be installed as well:

Note that Module Manager by @sarbian is required to make the rescaled configs and some of the above mentioned mods to work.

Changelog

Reveal hidden contents

Version 6.5 | November 01 2020

* Added Cargo Dragon 2
Improved efficiency on Crew Dragon Draco RCS thrusters
* Fixed CoM on F9 Stage 2

Version 6.4 | July 06 2020

* Fixed Starlink Satellite not loading

Version 6.2 | June 03 2020

* Added top draco thrusters to the Crew Dragon capsule
* Added Crew Dragon Trunk umbilical deploy to AG7 when Animated Decouplers is not installed for all craft files
* Fixed Crew Dragon nosecone deploying with light AG, moved nosecone deploy to AG6 for all craft files
* Fixed FH Decouplers not seperating on AG5 in the craft files
* Fixed trunk and FH booster decouplers seperating on startup
* Removed Animated Decouplers config for the FH decoupler since it works the same way without Animated Decouplers

Version 6.1 | May 26 2020

* Added logos to F9 stage 2 for DM2 mission
* Added extendable docking port and improved the model
* Added docking node size to Crew Dragon docking port description
* Added Abort action group to rescaled F9- and FH Crew Dragon Stack
* Improved F9 Worm texture
* Fixed potential bug on Falcon 9 Block 5 second stage fuel tank
* Added troubleshooting section to the readme file

Version 6.0 | May 17 2020

* Added Crew Dragon with 4 texture variants
* Added Block 5 textures
* Added NASA Worm texture and Used Worm texture
* Added wraparound foil to the Merlin 1D Vacuum Engine
* Added Starlink Satellite
* Added Starlink Satellite dispenser
* Added Starlink Payload Fairing texture
* Added animated Falcon Heavy Booster decoupler
* Added Fairing Recovery Hardware
* Added default action group to F9 Landing Leg
* Added full SAS service level to all command probes
* Added smoke effect to Merlin engines
* Added emissive effect to Merlin vacuum engine
* Added Crew Dragon F9 Stack craft file
* Added Crew Dragon FH Stack craft file
* Added Falcon 9 Block 5 craft file
* Added Falcon 9 1.1 craft file
* Added optional 2.5m rescale config
* New Merlin 1D engine model and textures
* New Used textures
* Moved Falcon 1875mm Payload Adapter to Coupling category
* Fixed M1C flameout
* Fixed ASDS bouncing
* Decreased gimbal range on the engines
* Removed old Merlin sounds

Known Issues

Reveal hidden contents
  • Falcon 1 Merlin 1Ci engine shows oxidizer deprived despite full tanks - This will be fixed in the next update! Until then, you can help yourself and open the engine config in "GameData/Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX/m1c/M1Ci.cfg" with Editor, then change one of the "node_stack_top" entries to "node_stack_mid", save, and relaunch the game!
  • Crew Dragon and FH decouplers might, under mysterious circumstances, decouple - Still investigating!
  • F9 Landing legs are fragile - Working on it!
  • Crew Dragon IVA is not done yet
  • Falcon 9 second stage has a tendency to flip backwards. Avoid this by choosing a higher trajectory, which generally is a good idea with the Falcon 9 for recovery reasons.
  • Payload fairings don't actually shield the payload
  • Seperating the Starlink satellites when using the F9 Starlink Stack craft sometimes might seriously impact your fps. No idea why this happens yet!
  • The fairing recovery hardware implementation is a bit sketchy but works for now
  • Parts are not balanced for the Career Techtree. Anyone wanting to help out is welcome!

Media

Reveal hidden contents

Oh1NHKr.png

yLOr768.png

GsHgjmC.jpg

Media featuring older versions of this mod

All rights reserved.

Very good! I really loved the textures, the engines, all! (I don't know anything of landing boosters), but is really one of the best mods i have! The only suggestion is updating the Starship to the newest version.;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.