Henrikkoh

Looks a lot like a two-seater F-15 but with a single tail. I'd be a bit worried about tail strikes on takeoff though- a bit more ground clearance would be beneficial. You could move the landing gear a bit closer to the fuselage and put drop tanks under the wings for improved range.

I think that's a static ladder on the second cockpit above the deployable ladder, you probably don't need that due to the built in handholds and it would reduce drag a little bit.

On 5/18/2020 at 1:35 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

I'd be a bit worried about tail strikes on takeoff though- a bit more ground clearance would be beneficial.

Surprisingly though, I never encountered a tail strike before, but probably because this can accerelate like heck and when it pitches up at takeoff it then the engines quickly allow it to gain flight quickly.

As for the ladder, it might not look like it but I *do* need the ladder.

I actually kind of based it on the T-38 Talon jet. Also, I use my K-36 for training just like the T-38 in real life (forgot to write in blueprint dangit).

As for now I use it for training purposes or just to have fun flying it and doing stunts. Sometimes I also use it for getting to the Island Airfield from the KSC and vice versa.

(And yes I know I screwed up the spelling of 'Enterprises' on the blueprint)

Anyway here's a video of the K-36 in flight: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/ehijrx/k36_terner_multipurpose_training_getting_from/

Edit: fixed the spelling error ("Enterprises")

NMFvb6M.png

Craft file: https://mega.nz/file/ND5FEaqY#DPkGIabokKytFgeeKfLdVykvNnd6BhPi6aOEau4oVBg

Edited by Henrikkoh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.