Kerbal Space Program ESA 1.10 update #SharedHorizons

EchoLima

Will new celestial bodies be added? Really hope a gas giant 2 for Cassini and Huygens be added

Also will there be new probes, science and solar panels?

48 minutes ago, Sirius K said:

Will new celestial bodies be added? Really hope a gas giant 2 for Cassini and Huygens be added

No idea, at the moment. They did say that they are adding comets but we don't know if they'll be actual celestial bodies and not just parts like asteroids are.

49 minutes ago, Sirius K said:

Also will there be new probes, science and solar panels?

Read the first post of this thread, it says they are adding Rosetta and BepiColumbo. Presumably this means that we'll get special solar panels for those probes. We don't know yet if new probes means new science.

This is just a tease, I'm sure we'll get new info soon.

11 hours ago, HansonKerman said:

I don’t think it’s happening but if we’re getting optional CommNet then yeah I guess

@AHHans looks at the "Enable Comm Network" option in the difficulty settings and goes "Hmmmm...." :/

3 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

and not just parts like asteroids are.

way you said that made me lol.

1 hour ago, AHHans said:

@AHHans looks at the "Enable Comm Network" option in the difficulty settings and goes "Hmmmm...." :/

it works.

10 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

And missing every fuel line

Its mainly the proportions that bother me, looks way to asparagus. None of the thiccness that makes Ariane 5 so great looking.

Edit: are these just stock parts with exchangeable skin? hope so

Edited by Canopus

21 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Its mainly the proportions that bother me, looks way to asparagus. None of the thiccness that makes Ariane 5 so great looking.

Edit: are these just stock parts with exchangeable skin? hope so

I think these are just reskins, 1 meter boosters and sadly 2.5m main tank, the engine also bothers me a lot, none of that weird boat tail fairing thing

Just now, SpaceFace545 said:

I think these are just reskins, 1 meter boosters and sadly 2.5m main tank, the engine also bothers me a lot, none of that weird boat tail fairing thing

I think that would actually be good as we really didn't need any more tanks and boosters if you ask me, and if these are stock parts, we can hope to make our own better looking replicas.

1 minute ago, Canopus said:

I think that would actually be good as we really didn't need any more tanks and boosters if you ask me, and if these are stock parts, we can hope to make our own better looking replicas.

true, the decals are exiting, hopefully they have actual KSP stuff not just real world flags and the fairing is nice and rounded

Edited by SpaceFace545

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

yeah... :/ those boosters are a bit too thin and the Mainsail 100% does not match. I don’t care about the Mainsail tho, but the boosters need moar thiccness.

But are there Rosetta pics? What I want is Rosetta and that cute smol lander to boot.

34 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

yeah... :/ those boosters are a bit too thin and the Mainsail 100% does not match. I don’t care about the Mainsail tho, but the boosters need moar thiccness.

But are there Rosetta pics? What I want is Rosetta and that cute smol lander to boot.

I don’t care that much about the ariane but if they mess up bepi Colombo or Rosetta I will be angry

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I don’t care that much about the ariane but if they mess up bepi Colombo or Rosetta I will be angry

Absolutely behind this, I've been wanting some small lander parts for a while now.

I was concerned when I saw a "guaranteed" date of July 1, which to me after being here since 2013 seemed concerning because having always remembered Squad <when they were primary> not giving hard dates because a hard date can be easily missed felt very uncomfortable seeing a hard date. I want to say that I was excited to see another space agency team up with KSP. We got some spectacular parts when NASA partnered with KSP and gave us the SLS stuff. We got some cool asteroid stuff when B612 partnered with KSP for Asteroid Day one year. Now, we have the European Space Agency partnering with KSP and if the picture of the Ariane 5 is anything to go by, my concerns are much more deeper than just a hard date. I am thrilled that such a niche game is getting this much attention, I really am, however, in this instance, it seems like a few stickers were slapped onto stock parts and the day was called. I hope I am wrong and that the above image is a place holder, but, if it isn't, I hold no honest hope for Rosetta or bepi Colombo being anything close to accurate to the real world counterparts. This is just my own opinion, but, it would seem I am not alone in my concerns. I just hope our concerns are unfounded. My opinion of course. Your opinion may differ.

Edited by AlamoVampire

26 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Now, we have the European Space Agency partnering with KSP and if the picture of the Ariane 5 is anything to go by, my concerns are much more deeper than just a hard date. It seems like a few stickers were slapped onto stock parts and the day was called. I hope I am wrong and that the above image is a place holder, but, if it isn't, I hold no honest hope for Rosetta or bepi Colombo being anything close to accurate to the real world counterparts.

I'm just hoping that Rosetta and BepiCo are properly made. Either way, Bob getting glasses is update-of-the-year worthy.

10 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

I'm just hoping that Rosetta and BepiCo are properly made. Either way, Bob getting glasses is update-of-the-year worthy.

Glasses would be a hoot! But I am still staying concerned. Until at least its known if the picture of the KSP Ariane V is place holder or not. If it isnt then I am beyond concerned for Rosetta and BepiCo ya know? 

Edited by AlamoVampire

I think it's obvious from the picture that the are no new lifter parts there.

I also don't think that's a bad thing. Not like we need new tanks and engines in those sizes.

If what we're actually getting is a decal system and a bunch more probe parts I'll be ecstatic.

14 minutes ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

At least is doesn't make Knes mod completely obsolete. Knes will become the "EU style BDB" mod of sorts.

And those boosters are just Kickbacks.

I feel like what this Ariane V recreation loses in its proportions it makes up for in playability. KSP is designed around putting parts together however you see fit, and by using existing stock parts for this Ariane V they've made it so that you can easily make your own versions. 

You're probably right in how Knes will become 'ESA BDB' - it'll probably be similar to the way BDB and the Making History DLC coexist. MH adds Saturn V parts, but you're not just limited to making a Saturn V with them; BDB also has Saturn V parts, but they're more realistic (unlike the 'Kerbalised' style of the MH parts) and they're more like a model kit than the LEGO set of the MH parts.

13 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I feel like what this Ariane V recreation loses in its proportions it makes up for in playability. KSP is designed around putting parts together however you see fit, and by using existing stock parts for this Ariane V they've made it so that you can easily make your own versions. 

You're probably right in how Knes will become 'ESA BDB' - it'll probably be similar to the way BDB and the Making History DLC coexist. MH adds Saturn V parts, but you're not just limited to making a Saturn V with them; BDB also has Saturn V parts, but they're more realistic (unlike the 'Kerbalised' style of the MH parts) and they're more like a model kit than the LEGO set of the MH parts.

could not have said it better