Kerbal Space Program ESA 1.10 update #SharedHorizons

EchoLima

6 hours ago, Lewie said:

Dude, I switched to pc and it is a world of difference. It’s on sale right now on steam, I highly recommend you invest ten bucks into it.

sadly I most likely won't get a computer until christmas due to a lack of sufficient age and currency.

7 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

sadly I most likely won't get a computer until christmas due to a lack of sufficient age and currency.

KSP is on sale at christmas too. And you will probably get to experience KSP 1.11 where (hopefully) the rest of the Jool system will be revamped (Still have hopes for u Eeloo)

On 7/2/2020 at 3:19 PM, IanCanberra said:

After upgrade to 1.10 I am not able to build any fairings for the AE-FF Airstream Protective shells.

Have done all the upgrades I know. Has anyone else seeing this problem and if so has anyone got a solution?

Are you using any mods? Because there is a known issue with modded fairings.

Found a bug: Mk2 Lander Can Doors can't be opened. It looks like a ModuleAnimateGeneric was removed from the part cfg file. Fixable with a ModuleManager patch, I'll post it soon™.

Update:

Here's the bug report: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/25703

Here's the ModuleManager patch to fix it:

Spoiler

@PART[mk2LanderCabin_v2]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric]]

MODULE
        {
                name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
                animationName = Mk2Doors
                startEventGUIName = #autoLOC_502058 //#autoLOC_502058 = Open Doors
                endEventGUIName = #autoLOC_502059 //#autoLOC_502059 = Close Doors
                actionGUIName = #autoLOC_502060 //#autoLOC_502060 = Toggle Doors
                evaDistance = 1.85
                useMultipleDragCubes = false
        }
}

Edited by peteletroll

40 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

Does getting a comet to appear in Career mode require a new saved game for 1.10 ?

I don't think so, but IIRC they are quite rare so you might have to wait a while for one to appear.

I am still waiting to get 1.10: the mods I've grown accustomed to aren't ready yet. All in good time- the comets look awesome and I love the revamps and decals addition!

Side note: I do believe this is the 20,000th post in the Announcements section, unless I'm off by a couple or reading the wrong numbers.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, fragtzack said:

Does getting a comet to appear in Career mode require a new saved game for 1.10 ?

Think discovered the answer/issue. 

• First, you will get a Sentinel scan for comets contract.
  • After completing this mission, then will get the comet intercept missions.
  • However, If you have an active Sentinel scan contract mission for asteroids you will not get a comet Sentinel scan mission.

The simple version of the above:

Active Sentinel asteroid scan contract will prevent the comet scan contract from appearing.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:23 AM, Starhelperdude said:

does it work?! (no major bugs?)

I moved (cheated hehe) a comet into LKO and well... try it for yourself :)

I'm on 1.10 with kopernicus 1.9.1-3 and can't get RSS to work .   got a missing texture pack. downloaded from github (4048). running steam and mac(10.15.5)

6 hours ago, kurtwithk said:

I'm on 1.10 with kopernicus 1.9.1-3 and can't get RSS to work .   got a missing texture pack. downloaded from github (4048). running steam and mac(10.15.5)

This isn’t a bug of the game but an incompatibility of a mod.

Kopernicus is both the most game changing and revitalizing KSP mod as well as my biggest show stopper for its long update cycles - but worth it.

Just wished Squad would release a way to use a real size Kerbol system without mods. *nudgenudge*winkwink*

21 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

This isn’t a bug of the game but an incompatibility of a mod.

Kopernicus is both the most game changing and revitalizing KSP mod as well as my biggest show stopper for its long update cycles - but worth it.

Just wished Squad would release a way to use a real size Kerbol system without mods. *nudgenudge*winkwink*

I would not be surprised if the next DLC is another solar system or something like that. 
All these retextures seem like good practice...

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

I would not be surprised if the next DLC is another solar system or something like that. 
All these retextures seem like good practice...

More likely just another planet. Another solar system would probably be stepping on the toes of KSP2.

2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

More likely just another planet. Another solar system would probably be stepping on the toes of KSP2.

But I think that wouldn't be a DLC, some parts would likeley be a better Dlc

Still loving the bug fixes and performance improvements. But man, that suit color UI annoys me to the point of just picking the regular suits. 

it goes from ‘no color choice’ to ‘full spectrum color picker’ without a simple in-between. The rotation of the suit model in that menu also irked me. It feels more like something you’d expect in photoshop/paint.net for professionals than something that works well for a game. 

My €0,02. 

Edit: I much prefer a simple 3-bar RGB+brightness slider like for lights in the VAB. No rotation gimmick, no photoshop style stuff. 

Edited by Jognt

4 minutes ago, KerbalabreK said:

Nice. And how about CNSA for 1.11 Update? ⬇

So maybe you can call it : KERBAL SPACE PROGRAM 1.11 ------ FINALLY WE'VE GOT THREE BIG ONES (NASA, ESA, CNSA)

6599021.jpg

I'd prefer it being something related to JAXA. CNSA always leaves a bad hypergolic taste in my mouth.