KSP 1.10 update: Milka or Cadbury

AHHans

Are the Snacks on the KSP 1.10 Promo Picture Milka or Cadbury Chocolate?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Snacks on the KSP 1.10 Promo Picture Milka or Cadbury Chocolate?

• This is clearly Milka!
    • No, a real Kerbal snacks only Cadbury!
    • This has to be Callier, ESA would only send Swiss choclate to its astronauts

I think you're making "one giant leap" by assuming its chocolate in those wrappers. The bars are simply labeled "snacks" and the color of the wrapping doesn't necessarily imply chocolate. They could be granola bars, or energy bars, or even simple crackers. It could be something like taffy/toffee or even bars of that freeze dried ice cream (blech) that real Astronauts eat.

1 minute ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

The bars are simply labeled "snacks" and the color of the wrapping doesn't necessarily imply chocolate.

No, but the unwrapped one floating above Val's hand indicates it's likely.

*strokes nonexistent beard* hmmm... we must eat all three and rate the Kerbal appeal on a scale of 1-very very yummy

I vote a Kerbal combination of Milka and Cadbury. The position and font of the Snacks! suggest Milka but the chocolate on the wrapper screams Cadbury.

2 hours ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

or even bars of that freeze dried ice cream (blech) that real Astronauts eat.

Errr. You know that this freeze-dried so-called ice cram isn't actually eaten by astronauts? Have a look at this article: Space is the best place to eat ice cream

P.S. I also consider the "this may not be chocolate" idea to be heresy. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that cows do exist on Kerbin, so obviously Kerbals snack on chocolate!

One key question would be: "Who created the promo pic"?
Most likely some dude(tte) at Squad right.

It seems a bit obvious that the version of snack was chosen with some idea behind it.

Therefore I think it's intended to be Swiss chocolate since that's the standard trope of European snack (Sorry Belgians).

Cadbury as British is ruled out since they don't even regard themself as Europeans ;)

(Note that UK _is_ a major member of ESA, regardless of chocogate).

53 minutes ago, AHHans said:

It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt that cows do exist on Kerbin, so obviously Kerbals snack on chocolate!

I'm not sure that logically follow, since cows tend to be made of beef, not chocolate.

And if Kerbcows have any chocolate, they won't be giving it up so easily.

Spoiler

nAi18fm.png

Edited by razark

6 minutes ago, razark said:

I'm not sure that logically follow, since cows tend to be made of beef, not chocolate.

Well, yes, cows are not made of chocolate. But they give chocolate, in particular the violet ones!(*) Also they don't mind if you take it from them. And I had said "beyond reasonable doubt", so if you doubt this then I need to consider you as being beyond reason! ;)

P.S. (*) Sorry, the better quality commercials that I found were all in German only.

3 minutes ago, AHHans said:

I need to consider you as being beyond reason!

I'm not the one saying that chocolate comes from cows...

Milk chocolate, of course, requires cows.  But seeing as dark chocolate is clearly the superior form, and the only one worth discussing, then the presence or absence of bovines is a moot point.

Edited by razark

10 minutes ago, razark said:

I'm not the one saying that chocolate comes from cows...

Well, do you know any violet cows that are not associated with the production of chocolate?

Or do you know any non violet cow related snack that comes in packaging and shape that is depicted on the promo picture?

1 minute ago, AHHans said:

Well, do you know any violet cows that are not associated with the production of chocolate?

Error: You are assuming the existence of cows on Kerbin.  This point has not yet been established.  Much less that the assumed cows are assumed to be violet, nor that violet cows are solely involved in the production of cacao  based confections.

3 minutes ago, AHHans said:

Or do you know any non violet cow related snack that comes in packaging and shape that is depicted on the promo picture?

Error: My (or your) absence of knowledge on that point is not proof that the no such snack exists.

Facts that have been established:
-There is a snack product, labeled "Snacks!".
-It has a purple, gold, and white wrapper.
-It is brown.
-It is subdivided into square sections.

Anything else about it's nature is simply you projecting your desires and expectations onto the product.

From this, I can determine that you desire chocolate.  I cannot, logically, say that the previously mentioned snack item is chocolate, however.

(And I think I've run this one into the ground at this point.  I should go find some chocolate.)

It's probably Cadbury (or Kerbury).

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuyXuTYxznFrEaUHjEVYn

It's a fish chocolate.

Kerbal don't have cows. So, probably don't have milk.

But they have the sea. And fish. (Whatever they call "fish").

So, they probably make their chocolate out of fish.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.