Kerbal Space Program 2 to be released [at unspecified date in 2022]

UomoCapra

2 hours ago, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

Where's that damn warp to release date button when you need it

Granted.
You have a time warp button and press it to skip two years. Now the release date is 2023. The time warp was global.

12 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:
2 hours ago, έķ νίĻĻάίή said:

Where's that damn warp to release date button when you need it

Granted.
You have a time warp button and press it to skip two years. Now the release date is 2023. The time warp was global.

ok

I told you so last  year, when the sequel was first announced.

Good old KSP forum = consideration and tolerance for diverse opinions.
Modern toxic KSP forum = burn the heretic.

I haven't been around since then but I hope you're all doing well and recovering your sanity.

3 hours ago, Pecan said:

I told you so last  year, when the sequel was first announced.

Good old KSP forum = consideration and tolerance for diverse opinions.
Modern toxic KSP forum = burn the heretic.

I haven't been around since then but I hope you're all doing well and recovering your sanity.

So true

putting aside the current pandemic as no-one could have predicted this nightmare. I am not very concerned myself about the pushback in release date. I think its a good thing, so long as they release it sometime soon™ where soon™ is sometime in the next 24 months. can only keep a kerbal like jeb occupied and not leaving bill or bob on Dres for so long XD seriously tho, I think they will do nice things to KSP2 in the intervening time between now and fall'21. 

Edited by AlamoVampire

17 minutes ago, Nooby_dud said:

Brah about 1.9.2?

Latest release is 1.9.1  

The next release due has been announced as 1.10.x  to come out on1st July.

KSP 2 is a completely new project, done by a different team.  Which is scheduled for release late next year (Fall 2021 was the announcement).

26 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Can someone help me decipher this?

Some people is getting their knickers in a twist because they don't (or don't want to) understand standard software versioning.

1.9.2 would mean a minor fix to 1.9.1, which isn't going to happen (see 1.10)

1.10 is a content update to 1.9.x announced to released at July 1:st (or 2020-07-01 for civilised people)

2.0 is a new game, by different studio, announced to be released, well, sometime next year.

29 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

Some people is getting their knickers in a twist because they don't (or don't want to) understand standard software versioning.

1.9.2 would mean a minor fix to 1.9.1, which isn't going to happen (see 1.10)

1.10 is a content update to 1.9.x announced to released at July 1:st (or 2020-07-01 for civilised people)

2.0 is a new game, by different studio, announced to be released, well, sometime next year.

For software version numbers don't think of the 'decimal point' as a decimal point, it is more like the 'full stop' at the end of a written sentence.  It is there purely to separate the individual components of the 'code' that is the version number (I believe the technical term is 'separator' but i could be mistaken).  A dash, plus sign or comma etc could all do the same job, but by convention the 'full stop' is used.

The numbers themselves can go as high as needed, or desired (eg 1.45.328) and do not automatically cause an increase to the preceeding number, that would be a decision by the developer, or their marketing dept. (eg. Next year's KSP1 could be 2021.1.0).

6 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

And just to throw another wobbly spanner into that mess, I think it will technically be KSP2 1.0 then, but I guess that depends on how they title it. 

2 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

And just to throw another wobbly spanner into that mess, I think it will technically be KSP2 1.0 then, but I guess that depends on how they title it. 

@Gargamel is right here. It's KSP2 as in the second KSP game, not KSP 2.0. Two totally different games. 

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

it will probably be KSP 2 1.0.0.<random four numbers, probably to denote bugfixes, idk what they mean>. BUT WE ALL AGREE THAT KSP2 1.0.0.<RFNPTDBIDKWTM> will be amazing especially now Star Theory has all this time to work on it

On 5/23/2020 at 4:05 AM, OOM said:

Yes, there is not only no optimization, but also many types of rocket engines. We were shown ICF Daedalus, Orion, solid hydrogen rocket engines, magnetic nozzles. But damn ... where's the Z-Pinch? Bassard's engine? VASIMIR engines? Zubrin’s nuclear engine? and this is only a small part of the types of rocket engines. Plus, they didn’t show us a single nuclear \ fusion reactor, which cannot be done without. They are not going to power interstellar ships through solar panels)))

[snip] Ever heard of a mod? Do you play on Xbox 360 or something? This is a release date announcement. Why do you suddenly need nuclear reactors and moar engines? We don’t need that. We don’t know what KSP2 will be, but as @Bej Kerman said, KSP2 will be great if it delivers on its promises. WE DONT CARE ABOUT OPTIMIZATION KSP2 ISNT AVAILABLE YET WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? [snip]

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by Moderator