KSP 2.5x Advise

Hello!

I've been a a long time ksp player for many years and I am finally ready to try ksp at 2.5x the size, and I have a few questions before I start the venture.

I am on the newest version of KSP and currently playing a career. Which mod/s would you recommend for me to achieve a stock kerbin 2.5X rescale that would be compatible with 1.9 and NOT break my career? My current mod list is as follows:

Spoiler

KSP: 1.9.1 (Win64) - Unity: 2019.2.2f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.9.5
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.4
KSP-Recall - 0.0.3.1
Airplane Plus - 26.0.4
B9 Part Switch - 2.16
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.5.9
BetterTimeWarpContinued - 2.3.12.6
Bluedog Design Bureau - 1.6.2
Chatterer - 0.9.99.2788
Community Category Kit - 5.0
Community Resource Pack - 1.3
CommunityTechTree - 3.4.1
Contract Configurator - 1.28
Contract Pack: Historical Progression - 1.6
Contract Pack: Historical Progression - 0.8.1
Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.7.2.2
DistantObjectEnhancement - 2.0.2
DMagic Orbital Science - 1.4.3
Contract Parser - 1.0.9
Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.9.4
Progress Parser - 1.0.11
EditorExtensionsRedux - 3.4.1
Engine Lighting Relit - 1.6.2.3
Environmental Visual Enhancements - 1.8.0.2
Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.15.11.4
Haystack ReContinued - 0.5.6.6
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.1.2
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.7
Kerbin Environmental Institute - 1.2.10.2
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.7.1
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.25.7420.31998
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.1.4
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.7
Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.8.6
S.A.V.E - 1.8.0.3165
PlanetShine - 0.2.6.3
RealChute - 1.4.7.6
RealPlume - Stock - 4.0.1
ResonantOrbitCalculator - 0.0.6.1
ReStock - 1.1.1
ReStockPlus - 1.1.1
SCANsat - 1.1.9.3
Simple Adjustable Fairings - Plugin - 1.10
Stock Visual Enhancements - 1.4
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.13
TweakScale - 2.4.3.14
[x] Science! - 5.26

If it isn't possible to achieve a 2.5x rescale without breaking my career, then I wouldn't mind starting fresh. 

I appreciate any feedback! This community is one of the best I've ever seen in any game.

First of all- virtually all planet packs use Kopernicus, and Kopernicus is NOT 1.9.x (any version of 1.9) compatible yet. You can't use planet packs in 1.9.x and you'll have to roll back to 1.8.1 to use them.

Secondly- rescaling the solar system will almost certainly break your save game. Anything orbiting the Sun will be in the completely wrong place, and anything orbiting planets also has a good chance of ending up inside them. You'll need to start a fresh save.

Third- if you want a ~2.5x rescaled solar system, your options are either a) Sigma Dimensions and Rescale!, or b) JNSQ. Sigma/Rescale is the simpler option, it just makes the stock planets bigger and has configs from 2.5x to 10.625x (apparently that makes Kerbin the same size as Earth) and tweaks things like gravity and atmosphere heights to match; it's fairly memory light both in terms of mod size and RAM use while the game is running. It can also rescale planets from other mods, although I haven't ever done that myself so can't tell you which will work and which won't. If you just want the stock planets to be 2.5x bigger and that's it, this is the way to go.

JNSQ is a rather different mod: it completely redoes the stock planets so they look considerably different to stock, adds a number of new planets and moons and is 2.7x larger than stock. It's a great mod, I'm currently using it for a career game, but it's a big beast of a mod: almost 2GB in size, the biggest mod on CKAN; it uses quite a bit of RAM while the game is running, so less powerful machines won't cope well/at all with it; and it doesn't work with Sigma/Rescale or most other normal planet packs, however there is a version of the Grannus planet pack specially made for JNSQ. If you want something a little different and have a powerful enough PC to cope, I highly recommend you try JNSQ as it's very well made and having a totally different Kerbin might make it a bit easier to adjust to the difference in scale.

17 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

First of all- virtually all planet packs use Kopernicus, and Kopernicus is NOT 1.9.x (any version of 1.9) compatible yet. You can't use planet packs in 1.9.x and you'll have to roll back to 1.8.1 to use them.

Secondly- rescaling the solar system will almost certainly break your save game. Anything orbiting the Sun will be in the completely wrong place, and anything orbiting planets also has a good chance of ending up inside them. You'll need to start a fresh save.

Third- if you want a ~2.5x rescaled solar system, your options are either a) Sigma Dimensions and Rescale!, or b) JNSQ. Sigma/Rescale is the simpler option, it just makes the stock planets bigger and has configs from 2.5x to 10.625x (apparently that makes Kerbin the same size as Earth) and tweaks things like gravity and atmosphere heights to match; it's fairly memory light both in terms of mod size and RAM use while the game is running. It can also rescale planets from other mods, although I haven't ever done that myself so can't tell you which will work and which won't. If you just want the stock planets to be 2.5x bigger and that's it, this is the way to go.

JNSQ is a rather different mod: it completely redoes the stock planets so they look considerably different to stock, adds a number of new planets and moons and is 2.7x larger than stock. It's a great mod, I'm currently using it for a career game, but it's a big beast of a mod: almost 2GB in size, the biggest mod on CKAN; it uses quite a bit of RAM while the game is running, so less powerful machines won't cope well/at all with it; and it doesn't work with Sigma/Rescale or most other normal planet packs, however there is a version of the Grannus planet pack specially made for JNSQ. If you want something a little different and have a powerful enough PC to cope, I highly recommend you try JNSQ as it's very well made and having a totally different Kerbin might make it a bit easier to adjust to the difference in scale.

Jimmymcgoochie thank you so so much for taking the time to reply in such detail. You've completely answered all my questions/worries.

I'll start a new career with JNSQ since it sounds very interesting!

Again, I appreciate it immensely! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.