How is this mod combo for a career?

I learned a lot playing kerbalism and think about starting a new career with the following

Kerbalism -> science overhaul and everything else

Mandatory RCS -> nerf SAS 

Bureaucracy -> campaign management 

kOS - autonomous probes. 

I'd love to use remote tech if it can be made to work with kerbalism

Make self- imposed rules about build time, launch pad availability.  

I clearly want to solve engineering problems where orbital mechanics isn't the worst constraint!

But by then, should I just go RO/RSS/RP-1 and throw in realistic scales. Something that I have not touched yet. 

48 minutes ago, Stamp20 said:

You can install Kerbal Construction Time to do this.

Thanks, this is indeed a dependency for Bureaucracy. It looks like bureaucracy wraps Construction time And XX barn kit and adds a Reputation-based monthly budgeting mechanism, along with a morale system. 

#shamelessplug... give a new tech tree a try. Maybe simplex resources as well, but that needs an update.

But in more serious notes are you going stock system without kopernicus?  In that case it looks like you are keen for limited extra part mods so a stockish  playthrough.  I'd hit ReStock and RestockPlus in that case, and only add Near Future Spacecraft and maybe the NF mod with solar panels if you are wanting a few more options for sending kerbals beyond Duna.

14 hours ago, theJesuit said:

the NF mod with solar panels

NF Solar :wink:

I agree- for a pure stock solar system, you don't really need (m)any additional parts except for utilities- if you want to do planetary mining then stockalike mining extension, space stations > station parts expansion redux, and so on. Restock/+ are good options to make the game look nice, and if your PC can handle it go for some prettiness mods- Spectra or SVE or something similar. And turn the science multiplier down so you have to gather most of the available science on Kerbin and within its SOI before you can venture to other planets, it's more of a challenge that way. If I had to pick one more, I'd go with SCANsat- great looking parts which match the Restock aesthetics, active planetary mapping over time which can be useful for picking out landing sites and another use for satellites after showing up somewhere and getting science from space high and low.

17 hours ago, Bongotastic said:

Thanks, this is indeed a dependency for Bureaucracy

It's not a dependency, just highly recommended, both because it's an awesome mod, and it ties in well with Bureaucracy's "stuff takes time to do" ethos. And if you are going to install KCT, throw ScrapYard in there too.

I went with the following: 

• Kerbalism
  • Bluedog Design Bureau
  • Bureaucracy + Kerbal Construction (And a bunch of parts recycling mods to cut on construction time)
    • Pretty slowed down pace for construction and research.
  • Deadly reentry 
  • MandatoryRCS
  • Rescale (2.5X)
  • KRASH (and I will not revert flight unless in a simulation)
  • Final Frontier (and a bunch of ribbon packs)
  • A bunch of utilities (Kerbal Alarm clock,  K Engineering Redux, etc.

This combo has a good vibe. A long way from Stock, but it almost feel like another game. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.