Weekly Ksp challenges

I’ve decided to bring back the infamous reddit weekly challenges, but this time they shall be on the forum! 

Y’all probably understand how this works. Every Saturday, I will post a challenge and you guys will be free to complete it however you would like. You have one week to do that week’s challenge. I am very chill, so if you desire/need another week or two you get that extra time.

Feel free to include screenshots/photos, and if you would like to submit your own challenge, just dm me and I will post it at some point and you shall receive your due credit.

Week one’s challenge-closed(no entries) 

Week two’s challenge-closed(no entries) 

Week Three's challenge-closed(no entries) 

Week four’s challenge-closed(no entries)

week five’s challenge-closed (no entries)

Week six’s challenge-open

week six challenge-

Mun on a budget.

Your goal is to reach the Mun, land and return. How ever....your craft cannot weigh over  3 tons. 

You are allowed to construct it in orbit, but the final mass of the craft cannot exceed 3 tons. Good luck. 

Edited by Lewie

Ok, time for this weeks challenge-Jebidiah has been working non-stop in the space program. After Bill and Bob heard him muttering in his sleep, they decided it would be best for him to take a leave until he was more mentally stable. What’s the best way to relax? Why on a sailboat of course! Your challenge this week is to build a sailboat of any size and send it to laythe. Oh, and because he is Jeb, you have to make sure that his sailboat has a jet engine and can fly for a few seconds....

Because what’s a vacation without a sailboat with an afterburner?

They close after two weeks, but if you want to do one of the previous challenges, go ahead! You can do any that you like, but two Saturdays from now I'll close em. I'm really glad that you decided to check out my thread, it really means a lot! 

Edited by Lewie

Week four-

(this does include an easter egg spoiler)

In an attempt to please the lord Kraken, the kerbals have decided to attempt to resurrect it. 

Nefrey Kerman discovered a strange anomaly on the surface of Bop. He believes it to be the corpse of the dead kraken!

your mission is to send a scanning probe to Bop to find the kraken, and you must sacrifice five kerbals to it for every one year since the beginning of your space program. 

Enjoy, and may the kraken have mercy on your soul.

Week five-

do to certain follies taken at the ksc, the entire space program is strapped for cash. The only affordable engines left are the dreaded ion engines....

Your mission this week is to create a rocket that can reach Tylo and return, ONLY using ion engines. The main lifting vessel can only use Lvt swivel and reliant....

good luck.

Hmm. I do like a challenge. You'll regularly find me participating in them in this forum. But you're not allowing a lot of time for challenges that require quite a bit of time investment. I do have an actual job on the side (how scandalous, I know!).

Tip: you may see a bit more action on this thread if you a) post challenges that don't require participants to take a vacation from work/school, and b) if you actually show the current challenges on the first post (now it looks like the thread is empty).

I'll keep an eye on this thread nonetheless.

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Hmm. I do like a challenge. You'll regularly find me participating in them in this forum. But you're not allowing a lot of time for challenges that require quite a bit of time investment. I do have an actual job on the side (how scandalous, I know!).

Tip: you may see a bit more action on this thread if you a) post challenges that don't require participants to take a vacation from work/school, and b) if you actually show the current challenges on the first post (now it looks like the thread is empty).

I'll keep an eye on this thread nonetheless.

Ok, thanks for the insight. This is a re-boot of the weekly reddit challenges, but I’ll allow for up to two weeks to do the challenges. I’ll make sure to add the upcoming challenges to the first lost from now on. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.