[1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS

Katniss218

Do you like it?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

On 8/26/2020 at 8:59 PM, AlphaMensae said:

I will add that Katniss' pad is designed for RSS, so if you're using the Saturn and/or Shuttle launch bases from my Modular Launch Pads, all the associated parts will need to be rescaled by 1.6x or so. That should put the support columns on the top of the pad and not in the flame trench.  Of course, then you'll need RSS-scale Saturns and Shuttles too. :D 

How do we rescale parts?

9 minutes ago, SupremeEgg said:

How do we rescale parts?

Use a Module Manager patch to change the  rescaleFactor  in the .cfg from 1 to something bigger.

I'll add that the problem with using my Saturn and Shuttle launch bases with the LC-39 pad in Katniss's Cape Canaveral is that the flame trench in the pad is an actual trench,  with a collider on the bottom that's below the rest of the pad static, and not like the stock pad statics that have a grating in them, covering up the exhaust hole.

KSP doesn't know that there is supposed to be a trench in the pad, and always spawns craft on whatever the lowest ground level is, in this case that being the bottom of the trench. KK follows suit, which is why my launch bases spawn on the bottom of the trench, and being wider that the trench, causes it to explode instantly. I think there is an option in KK to spawn craft above ground level, it's mainly used to create launch pads in water, but I don't know how any details on it.

The other solution I've seen is to delete ModuleLaunchClamp from my bases (will have to add Module Decouple as an alternate way of staging), and use regular stock launch clamps to hold them up and above the KCC flame trench.

On 12/7/2020 at 6:43 PM, AlphaMensae said:

Use a Module Manager patch to change the  rescaleFactor  in the .cfg from 1 to something bigger.

I'll add that the problem with using my Saturn and Shuttle launch bases with the LC-39 pad in Katniss's Cape Canaveral is that the flame trench in the pad is an actual trench,  with a collider on the bottom that's below the rest of the pad static, and not like the stock pad statics that have a grating in them, covering up the exhaust hole.

KSP doesn't know that there is supposed to be a trench in the pad, and always spawns craft on whatever the lowest ground level is, in this case that being the bottom of the trench. KK follows suit, which is why my launch bases spawn on the bottom of the trench, and being wider that the trench, causes it to explode instantly. I think there is an option in KK to spawn craft above ground level, it's mainly used to create launch pads in water, but I don't know how any details on it.

The other solution I've seen is to delete ModuleLaunchClamp from my bases (will have to add Module Decouple as an alternate way of staging), and use regular stock launch clamps to hold them up and above the KCC flame trench.

How would we delete ModuleLaunchClamp?

On 12/8/2020 at 3:51 AM, japsert said:

Hi there, Katniss!
Do you think/know this might work on 1.10.1 using the 'Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch' of Kopernicus?

it works fine on KSP 1.8.1-1.10.1 in my testing

(do mind that installation for 1.9 and 1.10 can be a bit janky ad will break very easily)

On 12/7/2020 at 8:51 PM, japsert said:

Hi there, Katniss!
Do you think/know this might work on 1.10.1 using the 'Unified "Bleeding Edge" Branch' of Kopernicus?

It should, there are people who managed to make it work on 1.10. The only thing in this mod that interacts with Kopernicus is the heightmap.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 5:54 AM, Insanity_BK said:

good work keep it up!

Just one question, how can I stop spawning in between the launchpad? I tried using Modular Launch Pads but its not working too well.

A bit late, but: Add a normal launch clamp to the rocket and move it up about 15m in the VAB.

23 hours ago, Georgecosmos said:

I have installed the mod however everything is flat, the launch pads are not 3 dimensional, may someone please help?

Most likely you don't have Kerbal Konstructs. It's needed to spawn the actual launchpad objects

17 hours ago, lextacy said:

So when ya gonna fix the colliders on the 39A/B instead of telling people to move their ships around which never worked?

Colliders aren't broken. The spawning system in KK is. Instead of using the position of the spawner it moves the bottom of the craft as low as it can go. The only way to "fix" that is to cover up the trench, and that's not gonna happen.

And it does work, if you attach an actual launch clamp (the stock ones work for example) to the rocket.

14 hours ago, Georgecosmos said:

Thanks for the reply! Turns out I had incorrectly installed Kerbal Konstructs, meaning it didn't work, I've got it working now but i have one more question, how do i set the pads as the default inside of KK?

I'm not sure if you can set them as default, but to launch from a pad, there's a menu in the VAB. You click it and another menu with the launch pads will pop up.

When you select the pad, it *should* launch from it until you select a different pad, even after rebooting, but I've had some issues with that.

1 hour ago, Katniss218 said:

I'm not sure if you can set them as default, but to launch from a pad, there's a menu in the VAB. You click it and another menu with the launch pads will pop up.

When you select the pad, it *should* launch from it until you select a different pad, even after rebooting, but I've had some issues with that.

Ok, thank you very much! I really appreciate your replies and help! Your mod is great!

Potentially dumb question here, but I've tried to get this working a couple of times but for whatever reason, I can see some of the new terrain from the mod but most of it is covered by other terrain. I'm not sure whether or not this is because I'm installing the mod or RSS-Textures incorrectly or...?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 2:52 AM, ryyyyyan32 said:

Potentially dumb question here, but I've tried to get this working a couple of times but for whatever reason, I can see some of the new terrain from the mod but most of it is covered by other terrain. I'm not sure whether or not this is because I'm installing the mod or RSS-Textures incorrectly or...?

Sorry for late reply. You need to overwrite the default Earth heightmap with the custom one provided with KCC.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Georgecosmos said:

I have just encountered this problem, please may you elaborate a little more on how to do this?

Copy the files that are included in the downloaded .zip into GameData, and click overwrite once it prompts you.

Edited by Katniss218

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem, Terrain is not solid and is a ocean?

Gzt1fWk.png

as you can see its underground, seems the same thing happen to camera at space center view even thought I dont have ksc switcher. I have the edited height map as well and installed it correct so is this bug or is it part of the mod (not making game unplayable but its annoying for landing starships and falcon boosters.)

Edited by Rocketry101
Added space between "I" and "don't"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.