[1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS

Katniss218

Do you like it?  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

32 minutes ago, _Falcon said:

I think you should add a KerbalKonstructs runway where the runway is, so we can launch our planes from there.

Good idea, might do that in the future.

Edited by Katniss218

21 hours ago, TheBritishRobot said:

Hi! I've installed the latest RSS textures but the mod doesnt appear to work. My KSC appears in some sort of void.

Are the RSS textures you linked in the initial post the ones I'm supposed to use? I'm using those ones. Thanks for any help!

1. Black screen? Zoom out, it's a "bug" with KSP's camera (and I'm just lazy)

2. Anything else - Install RSS 18.1.2 and RSS-Textures 18.2, then overwrite the earth heightmap with the one provided with my mod.

Edited by Katniss218

Hello, my question is not strictly related to your great mod, however may I ask where the Saturn parts visible in one of the front page screenshots are from? Is it a publicly-available mod?

Thnak you very much.

1 hour ago, Dolin said:

Hello, my question is not strictly related to your great mod, however may I ask where the Saturn parts visible in one of the front page screenshots are from? Is it a publicly-available mod?

Thnak you very much.

It's a custom part mod, I've been making for a video. There's a lot more in it than just saturn parts too. And no, it's not ready for public use, probably won't ever be, as I don't care about proper colliders, exact masses, volumes and all that fluff. It'd on the other hand slow down the preparations and possibly demotivate me enough to stop.

Edited by Katniss218

1 hour ago, Katniss218 said:

It's a custom part mod, I've been making for a video. There's a lot more in it than just saturn parts too. And no, it's not ready for public use, probably won't ever be, as I don't care about proper colliders, exact masses, volumes and all that fluff. It'd on the other hand slow down the preparations and possibly demotivate me enough to stop.

I see, as a part-time KSP modmaker myself, I can only relate.
Cheers! :)

loading into a save, the ground is just missing and it crashes if I try and move the camera. any ideas what the issue could be?

EDIT: the rss devs have yet to update any of their ckan files, so I had to go manually install rss & rss-textures lol

Edited by ItsJustLuci

10 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

loading into a save, the ground is just missing and it crashes if I try and move the camera. any ideas what the issue could be?

EDIT: the rss devs have yet to update any of their ckan files, so I had to go manually install rss & rss-textures lol

Ah yes, the main post can actually contain useful info :prograde:

It's not like this wall of bullet points there for a reason or anything. :D

Edited by Katniss218

13 hours ago, Katniss218 said:

Ah yes, the main post can actually contain useful info :prograde:

It's not like this wall of bullet points there for a reason or anything. :D

well played... :D Is it a known bug for the camera to start underground on existing saves? bc I have to zoom all the way out to see anything in the starting menu (the view of the cape after loading a save)

6 hours ago, ItsJustLuci said:

well played... :D Is it a known bug for the camera to start underground on existing saves? bc I have to zoom all the way out to see anything in the starting menu (the view of the cape after loading a save)

Yes and no. The camera behavior is very weeeird.

I've seen reports of that in some peoples' installs, but in others it works fine (including me), the version of the mod doesn't seem to matter (and it shouldn't, as I didn't change anything that'd affect that). It's weird.

It also was broken in my install for some time, but it fixed itself at some point, which is even weirder.

And.. It IS mentioned in the big wall of disclaimers :D 

• The camera might spawn below the mesh (makes the screen black) - zoom out (scroll wheel) for a temporary "fix".

Edited by Katniss218

@Katniss218 First I applaud this great mod and all the work you put into it. Second, am i missing something bc STATIC

{
    mesh = KSCmap.mu
    module = Part
    static = true
    keepConvex = 
    author = Katniss
    title = KSC terrain (Earth)
    category = Katniss
    cost = 0
    manufacturer = Katniss himself
    description = Do not expose to sunlight, water, air, or space.
    DefaultLaunchSiteLength = 1
    DefaultLaunchSiteWidth = 1
    name = KSCmap
    DefaultFacilityType = None
    DefaultLaunchPadTransform = 
}

Are the blank equals ok?

Once loaded there was no VAB at the real location only at the default RSS position. Was the mod supposed to move it?

Edited by ThatGamerFTW
typo

31 minutes ago, ThatGamerFTW said:

@Katniss218 First I applaud this great mod and all the work you put into it. Second, am i missing something bc STATIC

{
    mesh = KSCmap.mu
    module = Part
    static = true
    keepConvex = 
    author = Katniss
    category = Katniss
    cost = 0
    name = KSCmap
}

Are the blank equals ok?

Once loaded there was no VAB at the real location only at the default RSS position. Was the mod supposed to move it?

I figured out the VAB problem but is there a way to remove the old KSC pieces like the launch pad and the old VAB

1 hour ago, ThatGamerFTW said:

{
    mesh = KSCmap.mu
    module = Part
    static = true
    keepConvex = 
    author = Katniss
    category = Katniss
    cost = 0
    name = KSCmap
}

Are the blank equals ok?

KSCmap.cfg is obsolete and not used anymore. Mod uses PQSCity2 for the main mesh.

Yes, it is okay, as it isn't used anywhere.

The main post clearly states what you need to do to get the real VAB.

55 minutes ago, Katniss218 said:

KSCmap.cfg is obsolete and not used anymore. Mod uses PQSCity2 for the main mesh.

Yes, it is okay, as it isn't used anywhere.

The main post clearly states what you need to do to get the real VAB.

Yeah i figured it out my version of Omega was broken re updated and fixed it. Got it all running

5 hours ago, merlin2345 said:

Loving the mod so far! However I'm getting this weird overlay effect with the scatterer ocean and the land where it flickers. I am using 8k RSS-textures and the most up to date versions or RSS and RSS-textures btw.

https://imgur.com/a/sjl5Bin

Thanks!

From what I can tell that overlay is purely related to Scatterer and RSS, not my cape.

On 6/14/2020 at 11:47 PM, Katniss218 said:

Yes and no. The camera behavior is very weeeird.

I've seen reports of that in some peoples' installs, but in others it works fine (including me), the version of the mod doesn't seem to matter (and it shouldn't, as I didn't change anything that'd affect that). It's weird.

It also was broken in my install for some time, but it fixed itself at some point, which is even weirder.

And.. It IS mentioned in the big wall of disclaimers :D 

I think ksc switcher was to blame in my instance, uninstalled it and I haven't had the bug since. not that that makes ANY sense but ok :P

4 hours ago, suzuki said:

Does this include the SpaceX landing zones? 

It doesn't.

But Omega's Stockalike Structures has some nice landing zone models for KK. (to be placed via Ctrl+K menu)

Edited by Katniss218

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.