[1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS

Katniss218

Do you like it?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

1 hour ago, serialblack said:

I have also noticed I cannot switch to anything but the "stock" landing strip or launch pad, and the control K menu doesn't seem to function nor do I get options within KCT menu to utilize the other sites....any suggestions on what it could be?

Either an old version of KCC or your KerbalKonstructs is bugged.

You use KK menu to switch to KK pads, not KCT.

3 hours ago, serialblack said:

ya I can't seem to get KK menu to come up with control K at all....I can click the icon now, and even select which pad, but at least within the simulations it always appears at the normal ksp center. should I download KK again then?

KK is in general poorly integrated with RP-1, which is a shame, bc it's the only mod that allows you to actually place custom pads.

Ctrl+K menu is in-flight only AFAIK (you have to be in the flight scene, not in the VAB, etc.) and is used to place/move the objects.

In the VAB you should have a button with pad selectors. Idk how well it plays with RP-1 sims, costs, toolings, etc. Probably not too well, but I can't really do anything about it.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

i still have the original KSC, is this supposed to happen? i can use LC 39 A and B but the original space center is still there.screenshot38.png

Yes, this is intentional.

Otherwise the ksc scene camera would appear god knows where.

thanks for awesome mod! I'm author of RSS 16k  texturepack. I'm currently making custom stockalike texture of your mod for personal use. if you're okay, I want to give you better model and texture of LC39. can I share it with you?

1 hour ago, VaNnadin said:

thanks for awesome mod! I'm author of RSS 16k  texturepack. I'm currently making custom stockalike texture of your mod for personal use. if you're okay, I want to give you better model and texture of LC39. can I share it with you?

Sure! The LC39 texture is currently pretty lacking, I'd gladly accept a better one.

PS: I'm aware of your 16k pack :D

Edited by Katniss218

17 hours ago, Katniss218 said:

Sure! The LC39 texture is currently pretty lacking, I'd gladly accept a better one.

PS: I'm aware of your 16k pack :D

thanks for permission! I'm working on LC-39B first, and I'll make LC39A if I can. sadly I don't know how to make mu files. can I send it in any other format? I'm gonna use C4D.

I forgot how to insert image from googledrive :( 

anyway is that okay?

7 hours ago, VaNnadin said:

thanks for permission! I'm working on LC-39B first, and I'll make LC39A if I can. sadly I don't know how to make mu files. can I send it in any other format? I'm gonna use C4D.

I forgot how to insert image from googledrive :( 

anyway is that okay?

You can send me an .fbx or if that's not possible for some reason .obj will work too.

Well, I just post my images to imgur. Works amazingly well and they don't get removed for inactivity/etc. The only way to have them deleted is if you manually press the delete button.

1 minute ago, CocoaGames said:

Hi im having an issuing with installing, after getting the mod and installing the hight map on the ksc screen nothing appears other than space + tracking station crashes the game

Make sure you're using the latest RSS (v18.1.2) AND latest RSS-Textures (18.2)

10 minutes ago, CocoaGames said:

does the latest VaNnadin textures work

They should, but I'd try with RSS-Textures afterwards, if VaN's textures don't yield positive results.

New 16k RSS-textures have a lot of textures ported directly from VaN though.

Edited by Katniss218

3 hours ago, CocoaGames said:

Good news, it works! Bad news, i tryed to spawn a rocket on it and went to 45 angle and krakened

Which pad?

Also, send a screenshot of that rocket in VAB with the camera near the VAB floor (to check for height clearance)

4 hours ago, ItsSnowyy said:

um i have 8k textures installed for rss and installed the mod theres no kerbin its just the skybox and the game krashes

It amazes me that nobody even tries to read the main post.

It's all written there.

You need RSS 18.1.2 and RSS-Textures 18.2 for KCC to work properly.

11 hours ago, Firecowbruh said:

Hi, I can't get Kerbal Konstruct to work in rss, so , I can't install this mod... How can I make kerbal konstruct work ? 

Try making a new save. Personally, it always worked fine for me, regardless of RSS, but I've heard from some people that making a new save made it work for them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.