[1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS

Katniss218

Do you like it?  

379 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

Hi, I recently installed this mod and i love it! the Cape and the two launch sites look amazing and will function very well in my new RSS playthrough. However, i found that i can only use rockets that fit in the slim exhaust hole on the botton of the pad. I can't use Modular Launch Pads, as those keep getting destroyed on launch. Is there a workaround for this? or a way i can get the rocket to spawn outside the slim hole, on the actual pad? or is there another mod that has apropriately sized pads for these? 

9 hours ago, Alvi said:

Hi, I recently installed this mod and i love it! the Cape and the two launch sites look amazing and will function very well in my new RSS playthrough. However, i found that i can only use rockets that fit in the slim exhaust hole on the botton of the pad. I can't use Modular Launch Pads, as those keep getting destroyed on launch. Is there a workaround for this? or a way i can get the rocket to spawn outside the slim hole, on the actual pad? or is there another mod that has apropriately sized pads for these? 

You should be able to just move it up, above the hole in, the VAB.

That's how I do it. The only other option would be to fill the hole with a collider, making it purely visual.

I made a video featuring Katniss's Cape Canaveral.

Funfact: this mod was actually made specifically for this video, but I decided to release it early, when people saw the first screenshots using it.

Edited by Katniss218

2 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

cool video movie! can you access the other launch pads and are all the normal buildings still there? also what mods did you use to get those camera angles and effects?

You can only access the default pad and both LC39 pads.

The rest is just on the satellite texture, with no functionality present.

The normal KSC is placed roughly at the visitor complex. Pretty far away from the IRL pads.

I'm also planning to do a second version, with the Nova complex, as proposed in this image. Very little is known tho, so it's mostly fiction.

CameraTools

Edited by Katniss218

6 hours ago, epicfailure2020 said:

also wat is the difference in the engine lighting relit katnissified and the normal one?

The normal one clamps max range and prevents light from looking even half decent with big rockets.

Also, my one works with SSTU engine clusters, which are mandatory for me to get somewhat good FPS.

19 minutes ago, Ciko said:

How I must get launch start table? My ships always in under table "pit"

Use launch clamps and move the entire vessel higher inside the VAB. The floor is approximately at the bottom of the flame trench.

Seems that there's nothing in KK to make it spawn relative to the top of the flame trench.

45 minutes ago, Katniss218 said:

Use launch clamps and move the entire vessel higher inside the VAB. The floor is approximately at the bottom of the flame trench.

Seems that there's nothing in KK to make it spawn relative to the top of the flame trench.

I install all mods. Where I can find table like on this picture?I cant find object table like thiz in ctr+k menu

1d3b51ecab73.jpg

Spoiler

8b8fbccc82bb.png

297e42fe1b29.png

ALso, every time I have to look at the sight of the ship in the vab manually ? At the same time, rocket is still in the air above the pit and it is held only by launch clamps...

Edited by Ciko

3 hours ago, Ciko said:

I install all mods. Where I can find table like on this picture?I cant find object table like thiz in ctr+k menu

1d3b51ecab73.jpg

Hide contents

8b8fbccc82bb.png

297e42fe1b29.png

ALso, every time I have to look at the sight of the ship in the vab manually ? At the same time, rocket is still in the air above the pit and it is held only by launch clamps...

As the main post states. This mod just adds the launchpads and terrain around Cape Canaveral. You'll have to find another mod for the launch towers.

I will add that Katniss' pad is designed for RSS, so if you're using the Saturn and/or Shuttle launch bases from my Modular Launch Pads, all the associated parts will need to be rescaled by 1.6x or so. That should put the support columns on the top of the pad and not in the flame trench.  Of course, then you'll need RSS-scale Saturns and Shuttles too. :D 

I tried to use this at the start of my latest career, but had to remove it as I'm very spaceplane intensive on this career, and if you go even just a tiny bit off the runway, it turns out the "land" is just color, and your plane is actually in water and breaks up.  Is there any possibility that you can fix this?

8 hours ago, lancisman said:

How many launchpads are there

3 functional (including the default one) - LC39A/B.

On 9/2/2020 at 11:42 AM, TheSquirrelPatrol said:

I tried to use this at the start of my latest career, but had to remove it as I'm very spaceplane intensive on this career, and if you go even just a tiny bit off the runway, it turns out the "land" is just color, and your plane is actually in water and breaks up.  Is there any possibility that you can fix this?

I tried making the entire land collidable, but there was 1 main problem with it.

It *has* to be done via Convex Decomposition (because Unity needs convex colliders), and the only software I found (addon for Blender) does it very inaccurately. So I'd have to manually split the terrain near the runway into convex pieces, and pray to god I didn't miss anything.

The default runway would probably be easier, because the terrain around it is mostly flat.

I'll consider that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.