[1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS

Katniss218

Do you like it?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HOW COME WE ARE REQUIRING A VERSION OF RSS THAT DOES NOT EXIST!! (1.8 ?!?!)  ONLY 1.7.3 IS SUPPORTED AS A STABLE VERSION!!!! WHY IS THIS MOD CODED TO RUN ON NON-EXISTING DEPENDANCIES!!!!!  THIS SHOULD HAV BEEN MADE WITH 1.7.3 AS THAT IS STABLE!!!!!!!  

33 minutes ago, lextacy said:

HOW COME WE ARE REQUIRING A VERSION OF RSS THAT DOES NOT EXIST!! (1.8 ?!?!)  ONLY 1.7.3 IS SUPPORTED AS A STABLE VERSION!!!! WHY IS THIS MOD CODED TO RUN ON NON-EXISTING DEPENDANCIES!!!!!  THIS SHOULD HAV BEEN MADE WITH 1.7.3 AS THAT IS STABLE!!!!!!!  

Pssst! Calm down. You just have to look at the right place to see that RSS officially supports 1.8.1 since Februar this year: https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/releases

On 11/6/2020 at 10:33 PM, lextacy said:

1.7.3 is old and deprecated. Plus, I play on 1.8 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 11/12/2020 at 12:47 AM, lextacy said:

Any future update that can include the space coast cities like Cocoa Beach, Port St John, Melbourne, Titusville? Would be cool to launch and see my house :D

The only update I currently plan is to add Baikonur Cosmodrome.

And overhaul the LC-39 model.

23 hours ago, Zoeille said:

Sorry if the question was asked before, but do you plan to add collider on road and terrain ?

Probably. Because I'd like to make a clip of one of my Saturn V's rolling on the crawler.

Not the terrain though, it's not possible without literally thousands of mesh colliders.

Edited by Katniss218

23 hours ago, Katniss218 said:

Probably. Because I'd like to make a clip of one of my Saturn V's rolling on the crawler.

Not the terrain though, it's not possible without literally thousands of mesh colliders.

Would be so cool, even if it's a box collider !

On 11/17/2020 at 4:08 AM, MooseMoi said:

Will there be support for 2k textures? Not all of us have powerful enough computers.

Do you mean 2k RSS textures or 2k textures of the cape? (currently cape has an 8k map)

17 hours ago, Zoeille said:

Would be so cool, even if it's a box collider !

Box colliders are kind of difficult, because the entire mesh is curved (Earth not flat), but I'll see what I can do, at my own pace.

Edited by Katniss218

On 6/6/2020 at 11:18 AM, Elon Musk the god said:

When Download the mod as stated the Cape spawns underneath the terrain. Any fix?

On 6/6/2020 at 12:17 PM, Katniss218 said:

Pics?

Also, make sure you're using correct (compatible) RSS and KSP versions.

So i got the same Problem i Start the game everything normal but the i See the KSC its just under the terrain and yeah i looked and im using the compatible RSS and KSP versions

8 hours ago, XxUnstableStarxX said:

So i got the same Problem i Start the game everything normal but the i See the KSC its just under the terrain and yeah i looked and im using the compatible RSS and KSP versions

There's ambiguity in your description.

If the problem you see both the terrain and the cape mesh above the water level, you need to install the heightmap (drag-drop everything, not just KatnisssCapeCanaveral directory).

Edited by Katniss218

5 hours ago, Katniss218 said:

If the problem you see both the terrain and the cape mesh above the water level, you need to install the heightmap (drag-drop everything, not just KatnisssCapeCanaveral directory).

What heightmap just gimme a link or idk bcs there is no heightmap 

Edit: Sry didnt saw the file and now its working fine but still thanks :D

Edited by XxUnstableStarxX

On 11/20/2020 at 2:59 PM, Katniss218 said:

I dont get it, where is it at the Game Data Folder

Edited by The Kerbal Ruler
I already saw it

could not get into the main menu, whenever the earth height map is changed in any way or replaced (by KCC) I get stuck in an infinite loading screen

folders I had installed in my gamedata were (other than squad and squad expansion):

Real Solar System

RSS-Textures (I tried with both 8k and 16k)

modular flight integrator

CustomPreLaunchChecks

kopernicus

kerbal konstructs

module manager

if anybody knows what I am doing wrong please tell me

39 minutes ago, KerbinSphere said:

could not get into the main menu, whenever the earth height map is changed in any way or replaced (by KCC) I get stuck in an infinite loading screen

folders I had installed in my gamedata were (other than squad and squad expansion):

Real Solar System

CustomPreLaunchChecks

kopernicus

kerbal konstructs

module manager

Make sure you downloaded from the release (cloning repo gives incorrect heightmap).

Make sure you have RSS-18.1.2 or higher and a compatible RSS-Textures.

Do you have collider addon for other grounds than the runway?

17 hours ago, KerbinSphere said:

Real Solar System

CustomPreLaunchChecks

kopernicus

kerbal konstructs

module manager

Add kopernicus planet system modifier, it also happend to me cause i forgot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.