[1.8.1/1.10.1] Katniss's Cape Canaveral - RSS

Katniss218

Do you like it?  

378 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

On 6/30/2020 at 6:46 AM, Katniss218 said:

It amazes me that nobody even tries to read the main post.

It's all written there.

You need RSS 18.1.2 and RSS-Textures 18.2 for KCC to work properly.

I get the impression you never suffered at doing tech support?

Never wanted to scream JUST RTFM! at the user?

Never banged you head on your desktop in frustration?

Never had to be medicated?

Or was that just  me???

Btw looks like fantastic mod can't wait to try it out!

Hi, how are you?

Is there now a solution to keep KSC centered on the screen when starting the saved game? Or does anyone know which .cfg file can have the parameters of the camera position? At the moment I agree to move the camera away with the mouse wheel ...<_< but it would be good to fix this little problem.

My first contribution to the forum, the new KSC location at the Katniss Cape Canaveral RSS, in the CCAFS area:

@latitude = 28.4461333
@longitude = -80.5561445
@reorientFinalAngle = 28.5

Revelación

9F864262BA9235A940F7E2FA4373D3683CBA141C

KSC

F6D77088594F13BDA2C50453E90F95C48ED82786

CCAFS Skid Strip Runway ( KSC )

AA5C3AFD90C19F932EDFAAF5315F173B287B3096

LC-18 Vanguard Launch Complex (Cape Canaveral)

Edited by Cienty86

2 hours ago, VaNnadin said:

unknown.png

I just remembered that 3d model for game shouldn't have many polygons.. how many polygons it should be?

Not too many, I guess. :D

How many it has right now?

Also, do you have better textures for it? 2k absolute minimum, 4k recommended, 8k is what I have right now.

Edited by Katniss218

1 hour ago, Katniss218 said:

Not too many, I guess. :D

How many it has right now?

Also, do you have better textures for it? 2k absolute minimum, 4k recommended, 8k is what I have right now.

it's about 7k for now and i think it's gonna about 10k or more. and about texture, I'll make custom texture in 8k or maybe even 16k. and not gonna use satellite data. I think making texture from begining is better than using photo. I'm gonna find a compromise between stock KSC art style and photorealistic texture.

Edited by VaNnadin

48 minutes ago, VaNnadin said:

it's about 7k for now and i think it's gonna about 10k or more. and about texture, I'll make custom texture in 8k or maybe even 16k. and not gonna use satellite data. I think making texture from begining is better than using photo. I'm gonna find a compromise between stock KSC art style and photorealistic texture.

It's kinda sad to hear that. (Photo)realism is the way to go with RSS. Understandable for stock adaptation though.

Tri count is okay.

Edited by Katniss218

2 minutes ago, Katniss218 said:

It's kinda sad to hear that. (Photo)realism is the way to go with RSS. Understandable for stock adaptation though.

Tri count is okay.

I understand what you saying. I'll keep it more close to photorealistic. I mean, real satellite image is too distorted or not organized to use. don't worry about it!

39 minutes ago, VaNnadin said:

I understand what you saying. I'll keep it more close to photorealistic. I mean, real satellite image is too distorted or not organized to use. don't worry about it!

Yep, Raw satellite data has a lot of garbage in it (shadows, perspective, and those pesky lightning towers) that would have to be removed either way.

I'm also going to throw this out here:

If someone is interested in making custom shaders to overlay a masked tiled textures (plural) on top of the regular 8k cape canaveral (grass/tree details) that'd be appreciated. Sort of similarly to how terrain does it.

Edited by Katniss218

1 hour ago, VaNnadin said:

modeling process is about 60% finished and polygon is already 10k. can you tell me a limit of polygon count?

The current one has 24k (half is due to fuel line mounting brackets running from the tank to the pad).

So anything less that that would be good I guess.

I started a new RP-1 career with this installed and I for the life of me can not get the vehicles to launch from LC39A or B, they always are defaulting to the KSC launchpad even when I turn the KSC pad off in Kerbal Konstructs. I'm running just the recommended RSS/RP-1 mods with the compatible RSS and RSS Textures as indicated.

If anyone has better luck with RP-1 please feel free to share, I've investigated and tweaked as much as I can.

45 minutes ago, Benjisaur said:

I started a new RP-1 career with this installed and I for the life of me can not get the vehicles to launch from LC39A or B, they always are defaulting to the KSC launchpad even when I turn the KSC pad off in Kerbal Konstructs. I'm running just the recommended RSS/RP-1 mods with the compatible RSS and RSS Textures as indicated.

If anyone has better luck with RP-1 please feel free to share, I've investigated and tweaked as much as I can.

Try using the KK menu to select the LC39A/B and when the menu is still open, press the default KSP launch button.

(you need to open the LC39 pads before that in the same menu)

4 hours ago, Katniss218 said:

Try using the KK menu to select the LC39A/B and when the menu is still open, press the default KSP launch button.

(you need to open the LC39 pads before that in the same menu)

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working either, everything is open and the pad is set to LC39A/B but as soon as I go to time warp and wait for the construction time to finish through KCT the rocket is at the default pad for launch.

1 hour ago, Benjisaur said:

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working either, everything is open and the pad is set to LC39A/B but as soon as I go to time warp and wait for the construction time to finish through KCT the rocket is at the default pad for launch.

Well, unfortunately KK is known to play games when it comes to compatibility with RP-1. I can't do much in that regard. And there's no other mod that'd allow me to place launch pads you can launch from and that won't act funny with RP-1.

7 hours ago, Benjisaur said:

I haven't tried it with RP-1, but KCT does allow you to select KK launchsites (if they're open) if you click the asterisk on the left side of the vehicle's name in the build list.

14 minutes ago, Al2Me6 said:

I haven't tried it with RP-1, but KCT does allow you to select KK launchsites (if they're open) if you click the asterisk on the left side of the vehicle's name in the build list.

I probably have something setup wrong or something, I’ll figure it out eventually. I don’t mind using the visuals of the Cape with the default launch site if that’s how it has to be with RP-1.

I love this mod, just another thing to make the RSS experience a bit more realistic. Great work! I have been experiencing problems however.

Other people seem to have had this too, but when i use launch clamps the rocket tends to just disintegrate, the launch clamps also tend to hover quite some distance above the launch pad, i may send some pictures in the future. However, considering KK can be configured in-game i think i can look for my own solution.

On 7/5/2020 at 5:03 PM, Cienty86 said:

My first contribution to the forum, the new KSC location at the Katniss Cape Canaveral RSS, in the CCAFS area:

@latitude = 28.4461333
@longitude = -80.5561445

hi @Cienty86, I'd love to try the new KSC location - how should I go about it to modify it in my game? Quick one for you as well, does the runway still has a 90/270 orientation? Thanks in advance!

11 hours ago, bdd823 said:

Love this mod so far!

Are you planning on making other launch pads in the future?

Thanks!

No, not really, unfortunately. You can use Tundra Space Center to get more pad assets, and place them with KK menu (Ctrl+K in flight scene).

On 7/18/2020 at 5:12 PM, hypervelocity said:

hi @Cienty86, I'd love to try the new KSC location - how should I go about it to modify it in my game? Quick one for you as well, does the runway still has a 90/270 orientation? Thanks in advance!

Hello @hypervelocity,

To change the position of the KSC you must do the following:
-> Open the file launchSitesPatch.cfg, it should be located in \GameData\KatnisssCapeCanaveral\earthConfig .
-> Change / modify the following parameters:

@KSCSWITCHER:FINAL
{
	@LaunchSites
	{
		@Site[us_cape_canaveral]
		{
			@PQSCity
			{
				@latitude = 28.4461333
				@longitude = -80.5561445
				@repositionRadiusOffset = -20

}
			@PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
			{
				@latitude = 28.4461333
				@longitude = -80.5561445			
				@heightMapDeformity = 50
				@radius = 100
			}
		}
	}
}

The track loses the 90/270 orientation, so the track numbering would change from 27 to 31 in zone E (310º) and from 09 to 13 in zone W (130º) (please if anyone knows for sure that confirm or correct me).

PD: Translated by Google Translate, sorry.

21 hours ago, Katniss218 said:

Thanks!

No, not really, unfortunately. You can use Tundra Space Center to get more pad assets, and place them with KK menu (Ctrl+K in flight scene).

Ok this is literally what I did, as well as used a couple of stuff from Real KCS 

Hello! I finally get Kerbal Konstrukt to work on my ksp rss, but when I load a save, I see this and my game crash

Spoiler

Capture-d-e-cran-2020-07-21-a-02-14-52.p

Edit: I noticed that the solar system isn't loading, Nothing crash but when try to see the map view, the game crash. The space center is literally in space.

Edited by Firecowbruh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.