How big is your screenshot file?

N_Danger

I was looking in my screenshot file and realized it was over 5 Gigs in size with my first one from 2016. Needless to say I have done some curating for the first time and have cleaned it up.

I got to wondering how many others kept all their screen shots and when was that enabled in the game. I came on board about 0.9 and I'm sure that others playing longer would have many more.

My Steam install is almost never used. I think over the past 8 years I've logged maybe a dozen hours in it. So it has no screen shots.

Whenever I start a new game, I make a fresh copy of KSP from that Steam install.

I tend to not take many screenshots anymore.

I cull old, unused versions of KSP from my system regularly.

So at any given time, across all installs, I could have as low as 0 screenshots and as many as... I don't know, a dozen or so?

$ du --max-depth=0 -h backups/screenshot.archive/
35G backups/screenshot.archive/
Edited by Corax
Just checked, that's only the last three years. I started playing in 2011. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

It depends on the definition

The in game folder: empty

That said I regularly empty it out, keeping the ones I find interesting/useful for remembering what happened on that mission before naming them and saving them to a separate folder. (in fact I just cleaned it out as I was reading this thread)

That folder currently stands at 2.88GB and 3,104 files (although at least one of those is a brief text file, I don't know if there are any others) since version 0.20.2

AviosAdku

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.