Planets and moons you have visited

where you have been so far  

61 members have voted

1. 1. what plants and moons have you explored?

• Kerbin/ I haven't explored any
    • Mun
    • Minmus
    • Eve
    • Moho
    • Duna
    • Dres
    • Jool
    • Jool's moons
    • Eeloo
    • Kerbol/sun (orbit)

Depends what you mean by ‘explored’, really. I’ve been to every biome on (stock) Kerbin, Mun and Minmus at least once, landed small bases with labs on Mun/Minmus for a while, put boots on the ground on Duna and Ike and probes/rovers/landers/planes on Moho, Jool and its moons and Dres. Never made it to Eeloo though, it was just too far away and I started doing planet packs before I got there.

Now working on a career game in JNSQ where I’ve landed on Duna and Ike and am building another ship to visit Jool. And possibly Lindor too, depending on transfer windows, though it might require more stuff to be added to do both and the game goes horribly slow as it is...

21 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Question is, where is this ‘Dres’? Why have people’s explored it? What could be gained by a exploring planet that doesn’t exist?

Am I to new to get the joke perhaps?
Dres orbits between Duna and Jool.

2 minutes ago, Toucan said:

Am I to new to get the joke perhaps?
Dres orbits between Duna and Jool.

What do you mean? There’s nothing in between Jool and Duna...

It’s a long running joke in the community that Dres doesn’t exist.

9 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

I find it funny that more people have explored Duna than orbited Kerbol.  Just think about that for a minute.

But don't you have to go into a high Kerbol orbit to get to Duna...? :o

food for thought

ive answered this before in a similar thread called "The Places You've Been" but I am happy to answer this again. If it is a body in stock KSP, I have at the very least sent some kind of probe to it. I have landed and returned a crew from Eeloo some years ago which was fun. I have been playing KSP off and on since 2 days after the release <assuming that steam and the website released .21 at the same time> of .21 ksp some 7 years-ish ago but have yet to send a kerbal to eve let alone try to land a kerbal and return said kerbal from the surface of Eve.

19 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Technically I've been everywhere, if fly-bys and orbits count as exploration.

Because I'm pretty sure I didn't land on Dres, Kerbol, Jool, and any of its moons except Bop (and crashed on Laythe)

Well, you can’t land on dres, it ain’t there...

I have explored everything except Eeloo. I misread the pol and thought it said where haven't you been so I clicked Eeloo lol. Not sure if it counts that I play OPM and MPE though, as Eeloo there is a moon of Sarnus

I’ve explored basically everywhere w/ cheats and hyperedit, but in terms of legit: I have scoured Kerbin, landed on the Mun at least 4 times, (It becomes easier and easier each time), landed on Minmus twice (should do it more often, it’s a simple process and the scenery is well worth it) and Duna once (having edited the second stage of the rocket into LKO after a botched first stage that would have sent the rocket into orbit and then some)

On 5/30/2020 at 3:36 PM, Cant think of a username said:

That does not count!

Thus why I put the legit places afterwards.

I did actually make another successful landing on Duna a bit after I made that post. Jeb is still stranded there though.

Every stock planet circumnavigated by land, water, or air (including Jool-- by helicopter), and the landable ones mined and colonized. I set up self-sustaining bases on Mun, Minmus, Duna, and Laythe. I have landed on many modded planets, too many to count, when Kopernicus is available. You could say I am experienced :rolleyes:.

Not to mention the TENS OF THOUSANDS of quicksaves and excessive MechJeb use. I'm really actually bad at KSP, but I play so much and use so many OP mods that I get more done.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

Some of my milestones thus far;

Kerbin - Satellites in orbit, constructed a station in orbit, space plane in orbit, rescued from orbit (low/high)

Mun - Landed (and returned), landed a rover, satellites in orbit, constructed a station in orbit (ore refinery from surface mining), rescued from orbit (low/high), rescued from surface.

Minmus - Landed (and returned), satellites in orbit, landed a planetary base, rescued from orbit (low/high), rescued from surface.

Duna - Landed (and returned), satellites in orbit, round trip with a space plane.

Ike - Landed, round trip with a space plane.

Eve, Satellites in orbit.

Dres - Landed, satellites in orbit.  wait, what?

Jool - Satellites in orbit, passed through upper atmosphere.

Laythe - Flyby

Eloo - Flyby.

One of the things I am most proud of (and really it's just whimsical), is that my entire roster of 70 Kerbalnauts (aside from the default iconic crew) have been recruited via rescue missions, instead of hired from the Astronaut Complex.

I still consider myself a rookie when I see people almost effortlessly putting things down on Laythe, and Eve, and then returning home.  I just saw Jool (and  it's moons) in-game for the first time a few days ago, and I have been playing since the beginning of last June.  

I have so many things left to accomplish.  So many things.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.