Monster? on Bop?

16 minutes ago, Cant think of a username said:

I was planing a trip that failed to reach bop, when I discovered this? What the hell is this? What does it do? It looks disgusting and scary. PS this pic is from the wiki. I couldn't get a screenshot in time. the wiki didn't help.

Bop_Deep_Space_Kraken.png

That is the dead body of the Deep Space Kraken. Before its demise, all spacefaring kerbals were at the mercy of its relentless tentacles. Many a ship were torn apart in interplanetary space. However, one day, Squad Almighty, carrying the legendary Floating Point Sword, managed to slay this terrible beast once and for all.

(It is an easter egg and reference to an old bug called the "Deep Space Kraken" that ripped ships apart)

18 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

(It is an easter egg and reference to an old bug called the "Deep Space Kraken" that ripped ships apart)

Yeah, an old bug. Ships NEVER get randomly torn apart any more.

1 minute ago, Toucan said:

Yeah, an old bug. Ships NEVER get randomly torn apart any more.

HAHAHAHA

*laughs maniacally*

Ur3wdV4.png

(quote from my mission report thread): With fairing separation, the probe started to shudder. Later analysis revealed that the 6 baguette fuel tanks clipped into the probe caused a kraken attack there was a fuel leak in one of the internal fuel tanks, promptly causing it to explode. However, the engineers blamed all the problems on the silver foil covering the probe, not the usual gold foil.

8 minutes ago, Cant think of a username said:

So that means i can just ignore it?

This happened on my 1.7.3 save, FYI, which is a pretty recent version. Kraken attacks still happen. Just browse around the forums and you'll see, or clip a bunch of parts. But yeah, unless you do a ton of part clipping, you can mostly ignore it.

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal
oops

I get many kraken attacks on console. It usually happens with phys time warp, even at just 4x, the craft starts shaking and goes ka-plooie.  Whatever's left usually leaves the Kerbol system...

We must hold a ritual to wake the kraken from it's deathly slumber

9 hours ago, Cant think of a username said:

So that means i can just ignore it?

Yes. It's just there for decoration, and as a sort of in-joke. ;)

You can even land a ship on it, or plant a flag atop it, if you like. It's basically just part of the terrain.

47 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Just a slight correction: floating origin. The difference is significant.

Indeed it is.  One of those is harmless, and the other results in your ships tearing themselves apart. :P

Edited by Zhetaan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.