Any plans for KSP on Geforce Now?

Dear Devs,

nVidia recently announced that they have introduced an opt-in system for developers and publishers to choose if they want to allow their customers to play their games using the GeForce Now streaming service, more details in the following links:  https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2020/05/27/geforce-now-library-may/ https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5026 . I don't own the most amazing gaming PC and I would love to be able to play your game more in the future, as well as KSP2 when it comes out. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only player around here that would benefit from such an agreement. Could you please let us know if you plan on allowing your games to be played on GFN in the future? Cheers!

That is correct, I am playing it on GFN at the moment, however (see links) it is due for removal tomorrow unless the devs/publisher specifically request for it to be kept there - hence, my question.

Have you tried KSP on your current machine?  KSP is known for being very tolerant of potatoes.   I ran KSP on my spud for years, only having recently upgraded my machine in the last few weeks. 

As for GFN, I have heard nothing, either way.  I guess we'll have to find out.  Maybe one of the devs will see this thread and chime in. 

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Have you tried KSP on your current machine?  KSP is known for being very tolerant of potatoes.   I ran KSP on my spud for years, only having recently upgraded my machine in the last few weeks. 

As for GFN, I have heard nothing, either way.  I guess we'll have to find out.  Maybe one of the devs will see this thread and chime in. 

I have played KSP on my personal potato and honestly it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be - depending on the settings that I use, number of parts or flight segment, it can go from quite bad to acceptable/good. Watching Youtube KSP videos I've also noticed that even high-performance computers tend to struggle when put up against huge part numbers, so I don't have any unrealistic expectations from my machine.  I just did a side-by-side test with my rig vs GFN, for the lolz, as one might say. No mods (as you can't use mods on GFN atm), 1080p, maxed out graphics settings, taking the AeroEquus to a roughly circular 150km orbit. It takes me about 4 minutes to do that on GFN vs. about 6 minutes on my rig. The thing that annoys me the most on my rig is the "time dilation" (aka low fps) during launch and atmospheric climb (it takes around 2.5x normal time to exit the atmosphere). Long story short, yeah, the difference is noticeable. One may argue that I could get around this by simply lowering some settings, or that the vast majority of KSP gameplay takes place, well, in space. Barring performance issues, I am still a strong proponent of cloud gaming, as you don't have to deal with a lot of issues regarding hardware/software compatibility, hardware fatigue and obsolescence for high-end expensive gear, storage space, power management aso.

Alas, I think I went off on a tangent for long enough, and I don't want to pollute the forums with my rants. Thank you for your replies. Guess we'll have to see what happens next; they might even go for a different cloud gaming service such as Stadia or it might simply be a non-issue, as not a lot of people depend on this type of service still.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Apparently, GFN support ended at the end of June this year.    I have no inside information, but I would assume the deal was not beneficial to one of the parties, and it wasn't a viable long term solution for them.   I don't know if we'll see it on GFN again.  

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Ben83 said:

I don't get why Private Division / Take2 haven't opted in on GFN yet. Common, do your loyal customers/KSP players a favor and enable them to enjoy KSP on GFN!

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it used to be on GFN.   There was some business decision, for reasons we are not privy to,  made some time ago to remove the game from that service.    I have not heard of it being available on any streaming service right now. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2020 at 9:10 PM, Gargamel said:

Apparently, GFN support ended at the end of June this year.    I have no inside information, but I would assume the deal was not beneficial to one of the parties, and it wasn't a viable long term solution for them.   I don't know if we'll see it on GFN again.  

It is believed that GFN support was ended due to KSP not opting into Steam Cloud Play  from reddit posts and forum posts I have seen.

SCP is a save game Cloud service, they store your saves on the cloud and allow you to play it on other machines, obviously rather important for a service that allows you to rent a remote machine and wipes your data from the VM when your done for your own Security and there's

I assume these are best guesses as i have not seen anyone claiming to work for either side, but it has been noted that the support of KSP ended around the deadline for all devs interested in there game being available on GFN must have opted-in to Steam Cloud Play.

whether the issue is like some other games having very large save games causing it to be not eligible for Steam Cloud or that its a feature the Devs have over looked only someone within the team would know but if any of you almighty Devs are watching would you be willing to go click a few buttons and opt into the service, i dont know if there is an extra cost or what ever else but there is a good number of people all over GFN forums begging them to add it not realizing GFN cant do anything about it.

Edit: After Reading the SCP page it seems its a simple as agreeing to terms then enabling the service for Geforce Now on the store page provided one or more cloud save service is enabled (Steam Cloud Play, a third party save cloud service or your own cloude service should you have one)

Edited by Blade-Ravinger
Information Update

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.