[WIP][1.8.1] Hythara Planet Pack (Version 0.1.3)

DunaManiac

This planet pack is an attempt to create a Planet 9 analog for Kerbal Space Program.

FAQ:

What does this mod contain? 

This mod contains one Gas Giant, 3 moons, and one moonlet.

How Do I install it?

1. Make sure you've downloaded all this mod's dependencies, (Below) and put them into GameData.

2. Download the .zip file from SpaceDock

3. Drop the folder Planetxpack, NOT HytharaPlanetPack v0.0 into GameData. The correct installation should be: Kerbal Space Program/GameData/PlanetXpack

4. ??????

5. PROFIT!

What does this mod Currently have?

The 5 worlds, custom textures for each of them, and biomes for almost all of them.

What do you plan on adding next?

Science Definitions, better atmosphere's for Hythara, better textures, and more!

What Version does this support?

Dependencies:

Kopernicus, MIT by Thomas P.

ModuleFlightIntegrator, MIT by Sarbian.

ModuleManager, CC-SA by ialdaboth, currently maintained by sarbian and Blowfish.

Promo Pictures!

oB3Lm22.png

Hythara, the central gas giant of the system. It has faint rings and is around a third of the size of Jool

GAWFpVY.png

Riaz, the closest moon to Hythara, the black sooty ring is from ring debri settling onto it's equator.

gyduD1C.png

Niran, a once habitable world similar to Laythe now completely frozen over.

ZlYrFAL.png

Gaul, the largest moon in the system, around a quarter of Hythara's size. It has one moonlet, Nemesis.

c7YBfmj.png

Nemesis, the brownish-reddish moon orbiting Gaul, it's just larger than Gilly.

ZlP6mwK.png

The view from Riaz's Soot biome, Lowell is visible in the background.

MRjOyXn.png

Niran's islands from the surface.

PXzHUgO.png

Nemesis from the surface, Lowell is visible in the background.

bJpAwgU.png

You can view the whole gallery here: https://imgur.com/a/xUzNtoV

Spoiler

Changelog:

0.0 initial release

0.1 Added Partial ScienceDefs and touched up the textures on Riaz.

0.1.1 Finished ScienceDefs, added a smoother transition on Lowell, and moved the README file yet again...

0.1.2 Added better Normal maps for both Riaz and Gaul, and also fixed the terminator problem. They should look much better from space now!

0.1.3 Renamed Lowell to avoid confusion with other mods.

KNOWN ISSUES

Spoiler

1. Lowell's Day/Night line is off by 90 degrees

Thanks to Kottabos Games for the showcase of my Mod!

DOWNLOAD (SpaceDock)

License: 88x31.png

Edited by DunaManiac
Updated to 0.1.2

5 hours ago, Li Jinchao said:

perfect job,friend!

By the way,I think if it applies EVE  I think  it would be better!

Yeah, I'll try to work on that but it will take a long time most likely because I have zero clue on how to make one of those.

I like it! nice mod, but the day-night line thing is from screwed up normal maps, for your information. If you install the mod KittopiaTech, you can generate normal maps ingame by pressing ctrl+p, clicking on the planet you want to change, clicking scaledspace, then textureoptions, change the normalStrength to 2, change the resolution to either 1024, 2048 or 4096, change the textureDelta to be around the height of the highest peaks, then go back to scaledspace and click rebuild scaledspace textures. Then, you can go to the PluginData folder in the KittopiaTech folder and you can take your normals from there. it'll also export a height and color map.

Edited by Mythical Donuts

11 hours ago, Mythical Donuts said:

I like it! nice mod, but the day-night line thing is from screwed up normal maps, for your information. If you install the mod KittopiaTech, you can generate normal maps ingame by pressing ctrl+p, clicking on the planet you want to change, clicking scaledspace, then textureoptions, change the normalStrength to 2, change the resolution to either 1024, 2048 or 4096, change the textureDelta to be around the height of the highest peaks, then go back to scaledspace and click rebuild scaledspace textures. Then, you can go to the PluginData folder in the KittopiaTech folder and you can take your normals from there. it'll also export a height and color map.

Yes, I already have, most of the planets I have fixed, it's just that the I don't like Lowell's KittopiaTech export, so I have been holding off on that one.

Nice, will keep an eye on this. Will it play nicely with Outer Planets Mod (OPM) and Minor Planets Expansion?

I would love to see this past the Minor planets Expansion :D As that is where planet IX is supposed to be found ;)

W

Edited by waerth

5 hours ago, waerth said:

Nice, will keep an eye on this. Will it play nicely with Outer Planets Mod (OPM) and Minor Planets Expansion?

I would love to see this past the Minor planets Expansion :D As that is where planet IX is supposed to be found ;)

W

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working on another project and I haven't been monitoring this thread. I don't know but I'm pretty sure it will, I'll get back to you once I test it.

Hi. Can you please change the name of Lowell? I have a planet already in WhirligigWorld (have done for years) called Lowel, and would prefer if there wasn't any confusion. My Lowel is actually related to the namesake of the astronomer Percival Lowell in ways which would be lite WW spoilers to reveal.

4 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Hi. Can you please change the name of Lowell? I have a planet already in WhirligigWorld (have done for years) called Lowel, and would prefer if there wasn't any confusion. My Lowel is actually related to the namesake of the astronomer Percival Lowell in ways which would be lite WW spoilers to reveal.

Sure, I named after Percival Lowell as well you know Planet X/planet 9 hunter.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...