• 100 - 500
    • 501 - 1000
    • 1001 - 1500
    • 1501 - 2000
    • 2001 - 2500
    • 2501 - 5000
    • 5001 - 7500
    • >10k

3,000 hours of anything means you aren't a rookie.  Around now perhaps you are even entitled to worry about why NASA lets all those amateurs mess about in the Space Station.  At least they keep the real rockets on autopilot so the kids can't break things.  (Poe's law indicator: I'm kidding).

On the other hand you have to be honest with yourself about what you've been doing during those 3,000 hours.  If you've been building submarines, 'planes and/or trains you may be awesome with the building tools but how are you in space.  At the other extreme, you might be confident of landing on any body people name but have never designed an aircraft.

I stopped playing KSP somewhere between 4,000 and 5,000 hours because I'd never play anything else if I didn't make the effort.  I'd also achieved everything I personally wanted to.  In the end, that's the only judgement that counts - can you do what you want to do.

Hit 900 hours myself earlier today, most of it in the VAB or SPH. Only celestial bodies I ever visited outside Kerbin's SOI were Ike and Gilly with rovers and Eve with a probe that half-disintegrated during reentry.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, Pecan said:

3,000 hours of anything means you aren't a rookie.  Around now perhaps you are even entitled to worry about why NASA lets all those amateurs mess about in the Space Station.  At least they keep the real rockets on autopilot so the kids can't break things.  (Poe's law indicator: I'm kidding).

On the other hand you have to be honest with yourself about what you've been doing during those 3,000 hours.  If you've been building submarines, 'planes and/or trains you may be awesome with the building tools but how are you in space.  At the other extreme, you might be confident of landing on any body people name but have never designed an aircraft.

I stopped playing KSP somewhere between 4,000 and 5,000 hours because I'd never play anything else if I didn't make the effort.  I'd also achieved everything I personally wanted to.  In the end, that's the only judgement that counts - can you do what you want to do.

well, i largely love building gigantic spaceships, and i have only recently since spring break this year, got some mods, and now im tinkering with the idea of making a mod for gargantuan spaceships. i have done a few career playthroughs, most of which didnt get far before a big update, and the one just before i got mods, i made some pretty cool stock spaceships lol (and an epic giant spaceship that likes to explode every once in a while).
sometimes, i would get bored somehow, and do other stuff with ksp running. but that would not account for much lol.

I never launched on steam since most of the time I was offline. But given the fact that I got into orbit on the first day playing, got to the mun in three days, and got crew to all of the planets except Eve in half of a year. I got probably some good chunk of hours. Based on what I can say at least 1,200. And I have been only playing for a little more than a year. I spend a good chunk of time playing this game though.

Given that I've played KSP, almost daily, for 6 years.

My hours are probably quite high.

But since I don't use Steam and I didn't add timestamps to my startup script until 1 1/2 year ago I don't have hard data.

Analysing the data for those 1 1/2 years give that I spend about 2h20m per day in average...

So yes, I need a life ;)

I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea how many hours I've spent in KSP. I started playing in 2012, always had an active game, but never transferred to steam for something to count for me. I'm sure it's less than 10000. Seriously, it has to be less than that.

Steam says I have 1500+ hours in Fallout 4, a game I've merely dabbled in by comparison to KSP. I don't run KSP from Steam so don't know my hours...but I've been here since 2012, for years it was the only game I played and played every day, prob on ave 4-5 hours a day with many 'proper' sessions of 8-10 hours....I must be pushing 6-7k hours at this point. 

Had a long break from it, just getting back in, so Jeb help me. 

I have 174 h from steam, my total hours is probably 2~3 times of that.

Because I went to another planet/moon as soon as my mission to the previous one is done, I have returned from every planet/moon except Eve since I bought the game last July. I also have a working Eve ascender, sent a craft that has way too much dv to Ovok, Eeloo, Tekto and bounced off the surface of Hale (all are from OPM) in the same mission (used hyperedit to return because I couldn't get a Kerbin encounter), sent a probe to the Valetine system (just to a high orbit using NF propulsion Lithium plasma engines), built a space station, done a Jool-5, have several working SSTOs (one variant can do a Mun flyby), and built a plane powered by drain valves and sent it to the island airfield from KSC in 1.9.0 now (I did a lot of things), but I am still bad at building planes (can't land one without lots of parachutes), and yet to build a long range SSTO, tryout ISRU, build a surface base, return from Eve (I have sent a probe there but I can't get my lander to not explode after seperating heat shields), make a Jool ascender (I don't want to send a probe there because it will be destroyed), make something powered by propellers, and send missions to OPM planets or exoplanets.

(Sorry for a long post)

Edited by Space Nerd

KSP became my second game to reach 1,000+ hours, second only to Garry's mod. I purchased both in 2015, but I only ever got around to playing KSP two years later. My GMOD hours currently sit at 1,048 hours, and my Kerbal Hours are 1,011. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.