KSP Loading... Preview: Ariane 5 coming to KSP 1.10 Shared Horizons...

UomoCapra

15 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

Hi, I'm the person who made this particular craft on KerbalX. Thanks for sharing it.
I have an updated version that's 3.75m and is a lot more accurate, would you like for me to upload it?

More craft is always welcome i think, and congrats for your work on this.

maybe not the good thread to discuss about that

Edited by Well

28 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

Meh, not feeling this update, not at all. It seems the KSP dev team has run out of ideas and/or motivation for pursuing those ideas...

You've literally only seen one thing about this update.

How about waiting to judge until we know the full thing. Or are you not interested in comets?

3 minutes ago, T1mo98 said:

You've literally only seen one thing about this update.

How about waiting to judge until we know the full thing. Or are you not interested in comets?

Not feeling this update *Till Now*. Fixed it.

Comets are overblown IMHO. Gilly sized rocks with highly eccentric orbits ? Instead I would prefer a livelier terrain on existing planets with more surface features like rocks, pebbles, changing friction value on different parts of the planet so that the player has to make adjustments for rocky or sandy patches,(which will make roving more fun and challenging), or an improved resource transfer mechanic, and having more kinds of natural resource than just 'Ore' but to each his own, I suppose. I just feel that adding more unnecessary parts in my install  does not make any sense.

Even if they only change Kerbin to have some more rivers than one or two which it currently has (And which is impractical), it would be a VAST improvement in my eyes...

29 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

Gilly sized rocks with highly eccentric orbits?

And tails, that's mostly why i'm excited.

PIA18153_modest.jpg

35 minutes ago, Selective Genius said:

Even if they only change Kerbin to have some more rivers than one or two which it currently has (And which is impractical), it would be a VAST improvement in my eyes...

Very much yes.

17 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Are those both a new engine AND new boosters?

I don't think so, that's definitely the Mainsail (revamped in 1.9) and the boosters look like revamped Kickbacks with decals on them.

Honestly i believe the pollux looks much better than the kickback since it's not too thin and not too large.

But that srb isn't free

Edited by Sirius K

Is the fairing a new part?I am all in for even few new parts.

At this point i am just really happy with every update even if its small.

Game is in a solid state right now,  and mods can supplement things that lack, like landing legs.(Kerbal Reusability Expansion, love it).

Edited by Boyster

The fairing is probably just another revamp. The base is different, yes, and you could make the top round ever since they were introduced five years ago. 

But what I've noticed, is a different way the sun shines on parts. I'm playing on max settings (except pixel light count, since high number there kills my framerate) and for me the sun facing side of the fairing on Kerbin is basically white. Here we see much smoother transition to shade.

14 hours ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

oh... awww, man!

But... DECALS! CUSTOM DECALS, MAYBE?!?

I am actually hoping that those ARE 100% stock parts because custom decals in KSP1 would be AWESOME.

Just please let me pick a size, color, and font, and type words on the side of my ship.

And also please let me set that string to the name of the craft.

I am going to continue to be very nervous here. Only 30 days left until this update. I do hope we are given parts to more accurately depict in our games the Ariane V, BepiCo and Rosetta. I know some are hoping we get stickers and sure, I guess that's neat <honestly, im more in the meh category on the decal/sticker thing> but, I just hope that we get parts that allow for accurate depictions of Rosetta and BepiCo. I also hope we get Ariane V specific parts other than decals because that just gives more options. This of course is solely my opinion.

10 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I do hope we are given parts to more accurately depict in our games the Ariane V, BepiCo and Rosetta.

It probably sounds weird but I hope we don't. I mean specific new parts with specific new uses in the payloads, sure, but KSP never was and I hope it never will be "snap these perfectly made parts together in this proscribed order to make this one thing."

Not to mention that if you build a perfect replica of the launcher it'll get you to Jool before you need to pop the fairing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.