(Suggestion) IVA Activities and Realistic Science

In my opinion, one of the biggest shortcomings of KSP one was that there were no IVA activities, and the science was just pressing a button and running a series of trite experiments repeatedly, that didn't make sense, and had very little basis in reality. What would be interesting would be a series of hundreds of randomly generated science experiments that could be assigned on missions and use supplies to do things that are more realistic, like experiments on animals or with plants, or physical tests of components in appropriate situations, not like the "tEsT lAnDiNg gEaR oN aN eScApE tRaJeCtOrY oF mInMuS", which makes no sense given the context. Considering the fact that the devs have an opportunity to not only overhaul game mechanics, but the actual core loop of play, more interesting science could alleviate the boredom caused by landing on a planet and not having anything to do there. The game could have another layer of depth that goes beyond just landing and managing fuel, but could be partially automated by well-designed UI and planners, that would also pair well with Kerbalism-style life-support or a KAC tool. This could compliment a realistic IVA system, so that one could actually use the ship interiors. This was just an idea I thought of a couple of hours ago, I'm curious to know your thoughts. 

for some reason I'm imagining a few ways this could work.

either with a cross-section view where you're able to control individual kerbals as they move around an interior space (which could get complicated depending on how interiors are implemented/what changes are made to interiors) , and basically being able to trigger individual experiments setup in a station/pressure-vessel interior.

OR as some kind of framework for minigames that might either involve a separate window interface or take place within an IVA-seat.

Sorry but any chance I get I like to bring this up...

Really want the concept of filling out an in game wiki to come to fruition. Think it would add a lot to the game and give purpose to science beyond tech points.