[STOCK + BG] Mitsubishi F-4EJ Phantom II

r/KerbalSpaceProgram - Made a thumbnail for my replica made in the style of an old 90s japanese magazine.

Mitsubishi F-4EJ Phantom II

Towards the end of the 1960s the Japanese F-104 fleet started showing it’s age. Modern air-to-air combat shifted beyond the horizon and a modern, robust platform was needed to equip the JASDF for the new era.

CerOToi.png

Soon after the deal was struck between Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and McDonnell Douglas the production of the F-4EJ begun - it was the first 3rd generation fighter manufactured on Japanese soil and apart from missing the avionics necessary for guiding ground ordnance (due to post-war Japanese military limitations) was just as capable as it’s US counterpart.

9xk7Ezw.png

The F-4EJ saw long service with the JASDF, both in the standard and it’s modernized F-4EJ Kai versions with the last Phantoms being phased out from service in 2020. 301 Hikōtai is currently the last squadron using the F-4EJ and will recieve new F-35 fighters before the end of the year.

2MgcHnA.png

This is a complete rebuild of my older F-4E and I am very satisfied with the result. Flight performance is admirable and the plane is very stable and pilot friendly in most cases! I hope you enjoy flying it out as much as I enjoyed building it.

qh0HQXb.png

ACTION GROUPS:

AG1 - Toggle afterburner
AG2 - Toggle flaps
AG3 - Toggle airbrake

CHANGELOG:

v1.0 - Initial release
v2.0 - Revamped the engine section - intake/engine transition made smoother, exhaust nozzles made wider and more detailed, airbrakes added, external stores added, intake ramps revamped.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://kerbalx.com/EvenFlow/Mitsubishi-F-4EJ-Phantom-II

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.