Kerbals can't disembark on Science Mode

Hi, as the title says, I have the following problem:

https://imgur.com/a/DbWVP0R

I am playing on Science mode and it worked before. It worked on my Minmus landing and even here on Duna. But then I crashed during launch, loaded an older save, and now it doesn't work anymore.

What have I tried?

• Loaded a different save, from earlier when it still worked
  • Clicked on the hatch and tried to EVA that way
  • Restarted the game
  • Changed the scene to KSC, Tracking Station etc. and back to the ship

So far nothing worked. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong gameplay-wise? Is there some kind of console command or config setting which says:

evaAllowed = true

or something, that I can go flip now, retroactively?

I'm still not 100% sure whether I'm doing anything wrong or whether this is a technical issue. Please feel free to move the thread out of "Gameplay" if adequate. Any help deeply appreciated. Really don't want to start the campaign over again.

--------------

My setup: KSP 1.8.1.2694 (Windows 64x) en-US, 1.8.1 Making History, 1.3.1 Breaking Ground. Mods: https://gist.github.com/avalanchas/09b5d37afa3b472a5def35126c356c62
Also note: I have "Enable Kerbal Experience" and "Kerbals level up immediately" enabled

Edited by avalancha

3 hours ago, avalancha said:

So far nothing worked. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong gameplay-wise?

You're actually in Career mode.  Do you see that Valentina has only three stars out of five below her portrait?  Kerbals start at maximum level in Science mode.

I won't discount that it could be a bug, especially if you actually started in Science mode and your save somehow switched on you.  But Career mode is more likely.

The remedy to this, should it not be a bug, is either to restart the save or else to continue with Career mode; if it is a bug, then you may need a completely fresh install because this level of interference with the game file suggests something being badly broken.

If you don't agree that that is the problem, then please show a screenshot of your KSC.  We'll be able to tell immediately whether your complex is upgraded correctly, which will prove one way or the other whether it is a bug.

Edited by Zhetaan

On 6/1/2020 at 2:00 PM, Zhetaan said:

You're actually in Career mode.  Do you see that Valentina has only three stars out of five below her portrait?  Kerbals start at maximum level in Science mode.

Hey, thanks for your input, but nope, unfortunately that's not it. I'm definitely in science mode, please see the top left of my screenshot where the type of game is in brackets. The logo on the starting screen is also the science mode icon, and all the facilities are fully upgradeed (https://imgur.com/TwqnxhI)

On 6/1/2020 at 10:35 AM, avalancha said:

Also note: I have "Enable Kerbal Experience" and "Kerbals level up immediately" enabled

Maybe science mode just really doesn't like this setting

Edited by avalancha
add screenshot

On 6/1/2020 at 1:00 PM, Zhetaan said:

Kerbals start at maximum level in Science mode.

Unless you enable Kerbal Experience ;)

34 minutes ago, avalancha said:

Maybe science mode just really doesn't like this setting

That should work fine - I've used it on many a science mode without issues.

This may be a mod problem, I notice you have Custom Barn Kit installed, which is a mod that directly affects building upgrades. Assumably this is for Strategia, which a mod built for Career mode only - I don't know how, but perhaps that's the cause of the issue? Like it's trying to force building restrictions to be on even in Science mode? Might be worth asking on the associated mod threads :) 

Edited by GluttonyReaper

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.