I'am new and want to use mods

woetoe

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I also want a mod that autopilots or automaticali does the nodes for me.

Have you tried the mod MechJeb? It provides info and does all the autopilot functionalities including performing manoeuvre nodes. It and Kerbal Alarm Clock are some of the first mods I installed when I was new to ksp, they are both very helpful.

34 minutes ago, Aniruddh said:

Have you tried the mod MechJeb? It provides info and does all the autopilot functionalities including performing manoeuvre nodes. It and Kerbal Alarm Clock are some of the first mods I installed when I was new to ksp, they are both very helpful.

Thank you for your respons? I have already have tryed mechjeb but it says it is incompatible with the game version. Do I need to ignore that or do I have the wrong version downloaded. I downloaded it from this website not from github or anything

MechJeb is the mod for node execution - TCA technically will do it as well, but it's more convoluted and more focused on VTOL flight.

As for good mods - what types of mods are you looking for?  There's lots of good mods out there - some add UI, some add parts, some add life support, some add entire planet systems, etc.  If we know what you're looking for, we can probably point you to a mod or ten that will do it.

1 minute ago, [email protected] said:

Thank you for your respons? I have already have tryed mechjeb but it says it is incompatible with the game version. Do I need to ignore that or do I have the wrong version downloaded. I downloaded it from this website not from github or anything

What game version do you have, and what version of mechjeb do you have?  Whichever version of the game you have, there's almost certainly a version of MechJeb that will work with it.

If you don't want to deal with versions, you might want to take a look at CKAN to be installing mods.  I still feel it's important to understand how mods are installed as CKAN does occasionally mess up, but it's very rare these days.

16 minutes ago, DStaal said:

MechJeb is the mod for node execution - TCA technically will do it as well, but it's more convoluted and more focused on VTOL flight.

As for good mods - what types of mods are you looking for?  There's lots of good mods out there - some add UI, some add parts, some add life support, some add entire planet systems, etc.  If we know what you're looking for, we can probably point you to a mod or ten that will do it.

What game version do you have, and what version of mechjeb do you have?  Whichever version of the game you have, there's almost certainly a version of MechJeb that will work with it.

If you don't want to deal with versions, you might want to take a look at CKAN to be installing mods.  I still feel it's important to understand how mods are installed as CKAN does occasionally mess up, but it's very rare these days.

my game version is 1.9.1.2788. and mechjeb is  MechJeb2 v2.9.1.0

I am looking for mods for space stations and bases on a planet . 

photo of notification

Edited by [email protected]

2 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

The newest version of MechJeb2 is 2.9.2. It is for KSP 1.8.x and 1.9.x.

I had downloaded the wrong mechjeb so it's working now! but when I do the tutorial and I come at the node it didnt execute it. so how can I fix that?

edit:

I dont know what I dit wrong buit its working now!! so thank you al for helping me.

Edited by [email protected]

For bases and space stations, mods to look at fall into two categories: Part mods, and System mods.  System mods will add a whole layer of gameplay for bases and stations - but can be complex to get into.  Part mods tend to just have parts.

For part mods in those categories, I'd look at Stockalike Station Parts Redux, as well as any/all of the Near Future mods, and the Kerbal Planetary Base System.

The two main system mods that I know of are MKS or Pathfinder.  Note unless you know exactly what you're doing with mods, it's almost certainly *or* between the two of those - they each extend systems into the rest of the game, and do it in different ways.  (They can be played with together if you're willing to put in the effort, but generally one or the other.)

2 minutes ago, DStaal said:

For bases and space stations, mods to look at fall into two categories: Part mods, and System mods.  System mods will add a whole layer of gameplay for bases and stations - but can be complex to get into.  Part mods tend to just have parts.

For part mods in those categories, I'd look at Stockalike Station Parts Redux, as well as any/all of the Near Future mods, and the Kerbal Planetary Base System.

The two main system mods that I know of are MKS or Pathfinder.  Note unless you know exactly what you're doing with mods, it's almost certainly *or* between the two of those - they each extend systems into the rest of the game, and do it in different ways.  (They can be played with together if you're willing to put in the effort, but generally one or the other.)

then I will wait until i am better then try one off those systems. thx:sticktongue:

@woetoe Before you start installing mods.  Start with CKAN It's a separate program to make installing and updating mods easier.  Many mods have dependencies and CKAN usually takes care of grabbing any required dependencies a mod may need without you needing to do a lot of research.

Also take a look at this thread:

Edited by Tonka Crash

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.