How to use RCS as main engine?

I did not play the game for long time so i forgot some stuff :-)

To make long story short i wonder how make my RCS to be used as main engine, because using second stage during rendezvous is terrible inconvenient?

Does MechJeb would utilize RCS as main propulsion? 

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Pawelk198604 IIRC you can right click on your RCS thrusters and turn on 'Fore by Throttle'. I believe you could set it to an action group so that you don't have your RCS thrusters firing constantly during launch, for example.

I wonder how much dv would be need if use second stage to rise perigee just little above ground to make it hit Earth oh i mean Kerbin off course while apogee is 250 km?

does it would be just enough to rise  perigee to make orbit circular, the spacecraft have separatron as retro.

1 hour ago, Pawelk198604 said:

Does MechJeb would utilize RCS as main propulsion? 

Yes. If RCS is active and no other engine is available, MJ automatically uses RCS -- I think. Maybe you have to turn that on somewhere, but I think MJ does it by default.

Otherwise, RCS has a "Forward on Throttle" Setting in the Advanced Tweakables.

As for delta-V, a standard Mk1 command pod + heatshield + parachute comes to what, 1100kg? It also holds 40kg of monoprop, at ISP=240s that would be enough for 80m/s or so, without even adding a monoprop tank.

How much you can do on 80m/s is up to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.