I think it would be great to heave the ability to programm tasks for the Spaceship to perform... IN ADDITION to the action groups.

When you want to design a Capsule that lands in water with parachutes but also got retro thruster to slow the landing. It would be cool to be able to programm the task to ignite the thrusters when reaching a specific height. For example 5 metres above surface height.

It would also be great to add the possibility to perform a specific action after a certain number of time. Just like detaching two boosters + disabling the engine (like an action group) so the boosters can separate peacefully and after 2 seconds reigniting the engine. It could also be some kind of extension to the action groups as we know them.

Also in terms of automation it would be cool to heave. When you install a mod that adds a real Soyuz Capsule it has to ignite its retro thrusters. I just thought I want to open this thread. I think it would be a nice idea wich can really make some things easier. If it really is a great idea, I would be extremely happy to see it in KSP 2.

Hello @OrangeHead, and welcome to the forum!

I like your suggestion, and I agree it would be a great addition to the stock game.  Nothing fancy, just specific triggers for events other than pushing a button.

The good news is that this does exist as a mod.  So while we wait for something like this to show up in stock, we can at least get our automation fix :D

2 hours ago, OrangeHead said:

I think it would also be great to heave more action groups than only 10. Sometimes its not enough, right? xD

We do! We have 50.  We have 5 Action Sets of 10 each.  In the VAB/SPH, you need to check the "Activate Action Sets" on the bottom when editing the Action Groups.  In flight, you need to click on the Wrench/Hammer icon in the upper right to switch between sets.

Personally I prefer the UI of Action Groups ReExtended, which gives you 250 action groups, but it's nice to have the stock ones expanded.

I've had similar thoughts in this regard.

In the stock game, or in KSP 2, or in some DLC for KSP1, whatever:

-Have a Visual Programming Language similar to "Scratch" where you can drag and drop different blocks of code.

example of what "visual programming language" means:

Spoiler

general_view.png

something like this for KSP would involve having specific spacecraft-systems to reference/etc. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.