[1.8.x-1.10.x] RealFuels-Stock v5.1.0. - Stockalike RealFuels Configs [18th August 2020]

ValiZockt

X2f51bQ.png

About:

RealFuels-Stock is a set of configs for the Real Fuels Mod intended for Stock or up to 3.2x scaled Systems. It provides real propellant types (all with their pros and cons), limited ignitions and ullage simulation to all engines. It was originally created by Raptor831, but he was last seen more than a year ago, so i decided to adopt RealFuels-Stock and update it to the newest version (Old Thread)

Download:

Dependencies:

1. RealFuels (Forum ThreadGitHub) (CPR, SolverEngines, ModuleManager included in Download) NOTE: You can ignore the "not supported" message, when launching your game. 
  2. (Optional) RealPlume (Forum ThreadGitHub) NOTE: Do not install RealPlume-Stock, all configs are already included into RealFuels-Stock
  • If you're playing with RealPlume install SmokeScreen (Forum Thread)

Supported Mods:

• ReStock
  • ReStock Plus
  • Bluedog-Design-Bureau (by @Bellabong)
  • Near Future Launch Vehicles
  • Near Future Spacecraft
  • Tantares
  • TantaresLV
  • Cryogenic Engines
  • SDHI
  • Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit
  • reDIRECT
  • Kerbal Atomics (by @TotallyNotHuman )
  • Kerbal Reusability Expansion
  • Mk-33 Parts Pack
  • Provenance Aerospace
  • KK's SpaceX Pack
  • and more... a list of all mods supported can be found on the Wiki 

Others:

• Tundra Exploration (WIP)

Changelog:

v5.1.0.

New:
* Bluedog Design Bureau (@Bellabong)
* KerbalAtomics (@TotallyNotHuman)

Updated:

Squad:
* Fix Vector (KS-25 Plume)
* New auto-generating RCS configs for unconfigured Parts
* Move RCS Pass to :FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines]
* PR: RCS Rebalance (@TotallyNotHuman)
* PR: Make LV-1(R) and O-10 pressure fed (@TotallyNotHuman)

Restock Plus:
* PR: Various Config fixes (Fuel Mixture inconsistencies, new Fuel Configs, Rebalancing) (@TotallyNotHuman)
* PR: RCS Configs (@TotallyNotHuman)

Tantares/TantaresLV:
* PR: Fix Andromeda Engine typo (@Bellabong)

NearFutureSpacecraft:
* PR: Various fixes (Thrust & Mass Balancing) (@TotallyNotHuman)

NearFutureLaunchVehicles:
* PR: RCS LFO Configs (@TotallyNotHuman)
* PR: Fix Hydrolox Config on RD-701/704 (@TotallyNotHuman)

Huge thank you to both @Bellabong & @TotallyNotHuman 

------
v5.0.1.
Misc
 * PR: Fix unbalanced brackets (@7ranceaddic7)

------
v5.0.0.
New:
 * Include Parts from 1.10 Update
Updated:
 * Fix too low mass on MK1-3 Pod
 * Rebalancing
Misc
* Fix Near Future Launch Vehicles B9PartSwitch Tanks Warnings
* Basemass/Drymass now dependent on volume
* Added Xenon Tank Conversion

------
v4.2.0.
New:
* KK SpaceX Pack
* Mk33 Pack
* Provenance Aerospace

Updated:
* NearFutureSpacecraft: Integrated Fuel Tanks for OE-25 Engine
* Squad: Add new KS-25 Engine Config Variant

Misc:
* Deleted No-RealPlume-Installed Patch (As suspected there were some issues with it)

------
v4.1.0.
New:
 *Kerbal Reusability Expansion
 *RealFuels Engine (Coxswain Engine)

Updated:
  Squad
   * More Ignitions for KR-2L Rhino Engine (2-12)
  ReStock Plus
   * More Ignitions for KR10-A Corgi Engine (12) `

Misc:
 *Add KSP Min & Max Version to .version file
 *Reduce ElectricCharge Utilization/Density to be inline with Stock Batteries

------
v4.0.0.
New Supported Mods:
  *NearFutureLaunchVehicles
  *ReStock
  *ReStockPlus
  *ShuttleOrbiterConstructionKit
  *reDIRECT
  *Tantares
  *TantaresLV

Updated Configs:
  Squad
  * Plumes Configs
  * Fuel Configs
  * PR: Allow 2 ignitions for RE-I2 (@cartersm)
  SquadExpansion
  * Plumes Configs
  * Fuel Configs
  CryogenicEngines
  * Fuel Configs (Update to CryoEngines v1.0.0+)
  NearFutureSpacecraft
  * Plumes Configs
  * Fuel Configs

Misc:
  *Adopted by @ValiZockt
  *New File Structure
  *Add Configured Parts Tag
  *"Resolve" no plumes without RealPlume
  *PR: Resolve some MM Issues (@blowfishpro)

Known Issues

• Due to replacing the ModuleEngines to ModuleEnginesRF in every RealFuels-Stock Config, the "Stock" Plume thats normaly in that Module get's deleted. Thus RealPlume is highly recommended.
  • When playing with Kerbalism: Engines won't fail despite Part Failures turned on. Kerbalism has no integration in the Reliability Module for the ModuleEnginesRF used by Real Fuels.
  • If you find any issues please report them in this Thread or open a issue on Github. 

Huge Thank you to:

• @Raptor831 - for originally creating RealFuels-Stock
  • @ialdabaoth,@NathanKell & @Starwasterfor creating/maintaining Real Fuels
  • @Zorg- for giving me permission to use some of his plumes, maintaining RealPlume & helping me with Plumes
  • @woeller - for playtesting & general feedback

This work is licensed under CreativeCommons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

Edited by ValiZockt

@ValiZockt Congrats on the release! Would also like to point out that the BDB configs mentioned in the OP are like 18 months out of date and horribly broken (since no one on the BDB team has been using realfuels recently). We would not recommend anyone use them until someone updates submits a PR to update them.

Just now, Zorg said:

@ValiZockt Congrats on the release! Would also like to point out that the BDB configs mentioned in the OP are like 18 months out of date and horribly broken (since no one on the BDB team has been using realfuels recently). We would not recommend anyone use them until someone updates submits a PR to update them.

I see, i'll take them out for now. Will have look at these configs this week, but i think it would be better to wait for the big BDB update (that is in development right now?) and i'll update them afterwards.

3 minutes ago, ValiZockt said:

I see, i'll take them out for now. Will have look at these configs this week, but i think it would be better to wait for the big BDB update (that is in development right now?) and i'll update them afterwards.

Oh if you want to do BDB realfuels that would be fantastic. We get asked about it every now and then but no one ever wants to do the update themselves :P. If you want to carry the configs yourself in RF best to wait. if you want to submit it as a PR to BDB then no reason you couldn't start at your leisure, most of the engines for this update are in game already (anticipating just a couple more engines wise for the currrent dev) and stuff from the last 2 are not covered and theres a lot to get through.

4 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Oh if you want to do BDB realfuels that would be fantastic. We get asked about it every now and then but no one ever wants to do the update themselves :P. If you want to carry the configs yourself in RF best to wait. if you want to submit it as a PR to BDB then no reason you couldn't start at your leisure, most of the engines for this update are in game already (anticipating just a couple more engines wise for the currrent dev) and stuff from the last 2 are not covered and theres a lot to get through.

Can do this yes, no problem. I would actually prefer to integrate them into RF-Stock directly, so people don't have to download anything else and can just "plug and play", but how it suits you better.

If you play with Stock Scale, go to Kerbal Space Program/GameData/RealFuels/RealSettings.cfg and set useRealisticMass to false, if you play with JNSQ (or everything bigger than 2.5x the size of Kerbin) leave the setting as it is.

And what's the difference between these two? I've just realized I played stock scale with realistic mass enabled all this time.

BTW, one thing you could update is Electric Charge utilization (this needs to be addressed in Reafl Fules too). 1000 is waaaay to much. Mk1 pod gets 50 l internal service tank - you can put 50.000 EC in there!! This makes batteries, fuel cells and even solar panels obsolete from get go. I personally use 4. This allows for an equivalent of two Z-100 batteries in the pod. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

1 hour ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

And what's the difference between these two? I've just realized I played stock scale with realistic mass enabled all this time.

All engines & tanks in KSP are actually to overpowered for stock scale, but are perfectly tuned for 2.5x sized Kerbin.
So when playing with RF-Stock, that isn't changed, still all tanks/engines are to overpowered and perfectly tuned for a bigger scaled Kerbin. So when changing useRealisticMass to false, a mass multiplier is added to all engines & tanks, which means they are now heavier (about 4 times), that however forces you to build huger rockets than before, like if your were to play a 2.5x sized Kerbin. You don't have to turn that option to false, but i would highly recommend it. It makes it so much more challenging and fun.

1 hour ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

BTW, one thing you could update is Electric Charge utilization (this needs to be addressed in Reafl Fules too). 1000 is waaaay to much. Mk1 pod gets 50 l internal service tank - you can put 50.000 EC in there!! This makes batteries, fuel cells and even solar panels obsolete from get go. I personally use 4. This allows for an equivalent of two Z-100 batteries in the pod. 

50.000 EC really sounds like a bit to much here, will definitely have a look at this, thanks for sharing. 

4 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

It makes it so much more challenging and fun.

Huh, it makes it literally unplayable for me. Maybe realistic masses spoiled me but with Tier 2 parts I simply cannot build an orbit capable rocket within 18 t limit. The best I was able to do was about 3000 m/s ΔV (vacuum), which is about 400 m/s ΔV short of what is needed just to get to the orbit. And I need to return too. I don't remember stock KSP being so hard...

8 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Huh, it makes it literally unplayable for me. Maybe realistic masses spoiled me but with Tier 2 parts I simply cannot build an orbit capable rocket within 18 t limit. The best I was able to do was about 3000 m/s ΔV (vacuum), which is about 400 m/s ΔV short of what is needed just to get to the orbit. And I need to return too. I don't remember stock KSP being so hard...

When set to false you will experience rocket size more like playing 2.5x scaled Kerbin. If set to true (on default) it will more feel like the stock rocket size, but the more i read about it, i should maybe mark it as "Optional, increased difficulty".

5 hours ago, Li Jinchao said:

I want to know if heating panels can help fuel from evaporation?

Yes, Radiators helps decreasing boil off by a small amount. Best way to store such fuels is using a cryogenic tank type in combination with a lot of MLI Layers. 

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Did you intend on making most (all?) of the engines minimum thrust at 0%? I was just curious if that was intended or if something is wrong with my game.

Yes it is intended, just like the old RFStockalike i’m not trying to mimik RealismOverhaul here completely. I think that right now the balance is pretty good between Stock and the increased difficulty in RO.

Just pushed a small new release: RealFuels-Stock v4.1.0.

v4.1.0
New Supported Mods:
 *Kerbal Reusability Expansion
 *RealFuels Engine (Coxswain Engine)

Updated Configs:
  Squad
   * More Ignitions for KR-2L Rhino Engine (2-12)
  ReStock Plus
   * More Ignitions for KR10-A Corgi Engine (12) `

Misc:
 *Add KSP Min & Max Version to .version file
 *Reduce ElectricCharge Utilization/Density to be inline with Stock Batteries

Can be downloaded on GitHubSpaceDock & CKAN

Edited by ValiZockt

12 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

Yes it is intended, just like the old RFStockalike i’m not trying to mimik RealismOverhaul here completely. I think that right now the balance is pretty good between Stock and the increased difficulty in RO.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Just to let you know, there is no configuration for the Merlin 1D in the SpaceX launch vehicles pack mod. All of the other parts and engines are configured correctly, just not that one.

Thanks for all the work you've done here :)

1 hour ago, Schu said:

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Just to let you know, there is no configuration for the Merlin 1D in the SpaceX launch vehicles pack mod. All of the other parts and engines are configured correctly, just not that one.

Thanks for all the work you've done here :)

These configs are still the old ones and were last updated by Raptor more than four years ago (hence there in the DEPRECATED Folder). I'm really surprised that they still work, to my knowledge KK recently released a big update, but for now it's now on my ToDo List and will be updated in the next release or so. 

Hey, 

I thought I'll share my take on Restock Plus' Pug with you, maybe you'll like it. Here is a config I use:

@PART[restock-engine-125-pug]:FOR[RealFuels_StockEngines] //Pug
{

@mass = 0.12
  @cost = 118
  %entryCost = 590
  @maxTemp = 1450

@MODULE[ModuleEngine*]
  {
    @name = ModuleEnginesRF
    @maxThrust = 30
    @heatProduction = 88
    @atmosphereCurve
    {
      @key,0 = 0 298
      @key,1 = 1 106
    }
    !PROPELLANT[LiquidFuel] {}
    !PROPELLANT[Oxidizer] {}
    !PROPELLANT[MonoPropellant] {}
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = MMH
      ratio = 48.782129
      DrawGauge = True
      %resourceFlowMode = NO_FLOW
	  %resourceTransferMode = NONE
    }
    PROPELLANT
    {
      name = NTO
      ratio = 51.217871
    }
  }

MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleEngineConfigs
    type = ModuleEnginesRF
    techLevel = 1
    origTechLevel = 1
    engineType = O
    origMass = 0.12
    configuration = MMH+NTO
    modded = false

CONFIG
    {
      name = MMH+NTO
      maxThrust = 30
      heatProduction = 88
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = MMH
        ratio = 48.782128919391745
        DrawGauge = True
      }
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = NTO
        ratio = 51.217871080608255
      }
      IspSL = 0.9600
      IspV = 0.9500
      throttle = 0
      ignitions = 0
      ullage = false
      pressureFed = true
      IGNITOR_RESOURCE
      {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 0.3
      }

}
    CONFIG
    {
      name = Aerozine50+NTO
      maxThrust = 30
      heatProduction = 88
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = Aerozine50
        ratio = 50.32974661575842
        DrawGauge = True
      }
      PROPELLANT
      {
        name = NTO
        ratio = 49.67025338424158
      }
      IspSL = 0.9600
      IspV = 0.9500
      throttle = 0
      ignitions = 0
      ullage = false
      pressureFed = true
      IGNITOR_RESOURCE
      {
        name = ElectricCharge
        amount = 0.3
      }

}
  }
  ignitions = -1
  ullage = false
  pressureFed = true
  IGNITOR_RESOURCE
  {
    name = ElectricCharge
    amount = 0.3
  }

!RESOURCE[LiquidFuel] {}
  !RESOURCE[Oxidizer] {}
  !RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
  !RESOURCE[SolidFuel] {}
  !RESOURCE[XenonGas] {}
  MODULE
  {
    name = ModuleFuelTanks
    basemass = -1
    volume = 200
    type = ServiceModule
    dedicated = true 
    TANK
    {
     name = MMH
     amount = full
     maxAmount = 48.782129%
    }
    TANK
    {
     name = NTO
     amount = full
     maxAmount = 51.217871%
    }
  }

}

What are the big differences:

1. it's a pressure fed engine with unlimited ignitions and no ullage.

2. it has it's own 200 l fuel tank (these 6 spheres - I imagined them to be helium pressurized bladder tanks).

3. it won't draw fuel from other tanks. 

Pros: in early game ullage can be a huge problem as RCS comes much later. Such engine works perfectly as Mk1 pod retro pack and later as descent engine for light lunar landers in both stock and JNSQ. Unlimited ignitions and no ullage make it a very versatile and interesting option and not just a crappier Terrier. Limited fuel capacity prevents cheating. Or does it....

Cons: while it won't draw any fuel from other tanks it's still possible to transfer resources once the 200 l tank gets empty.  Neither %resourceTransferMode = NONE nor %transfer = NONE work for me (I guess they are not part of PROPELLANT node). With just 30 kN of thrust it won't really work well with heavy vessels but still...

If you know a way to block fuel transfer, I'd love to know it. My Pug would be complete then. I also noticed that it still says Draws evenly... in the description. I guess it gets the flow mode from the RESOURCE definition, but it respects NO_FLOW setting anyways. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

2 hours ago, Pointblank66 said:

@ValiZockt I have been eager to try and update the RF config for BDB but haven't been able to in the past. If you don't mind I would love to help you out with updating the RF config for bdb.

Thank you, help is always appreciated. Haven't had a look at those BDB Configs in detail, but I know that you're getting a B9PartSwitch Error on Startup, is this what you're referring to? If so the fix would be "relative easy". BDB uses a own way of changing Engine Configs, using B9PartSwitch. The old BDB Config changes the ModuleEnginesFX to ModuleEnginesRF

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
{
    @name = ModuleEnginesRF
}

(just like every other RealFuels Engine) which is not a problem, but in this case its "conflicts" with the B9PartSwitch Engine Config Switcher. (It searches for ModuleEnginesFX in the BDB Config but can't find it because it was replaced by ModuleEnginesRF earlier, that's why you're getting these errors). The good thing here is that we actually don't need B9PartSwitch, RealFuels has an own way of switching Engine Configs (ModuleEnginesConfig), so we can't just delete that B9PartSwitch Module Node: 

!MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch] {}

2 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Hey, 

I thought I'll share my take on Restock Plus' Pug with you, maybe you'll like it. Here is a config I use:

[snip]

What are the big differences:

1. it's a pressure fed engine with unlimited ignitions and no ullage.

2. it has it's own 200 l fuel tank (these 6 spheres - I imagined them to be helium pressurized bladder tanks).

3. it won't draw fuel from other tanks. 

Pros: in early game ullage can be a huge problem as RCS comes much later. Such engine works perfectly as Mk1 pod retro pack and later as descent engine for light lunar landers in both stock and JNSQ. Unlimited ignitions and no ullage make it a very versatile and interesting option and not just a crappier Terrier. Limited fuel capacity prevents cheating. Or does it....

Cons: while it won't draw any fuel from other tanks it's still possible to transfer resources once the 200 l tank gets empty.  Neither %resourceTransferMode = NONE nor %transfer = NONE work for me (I guess they are not part of PROPELLANT node). With just 30 kN of thrust it won't really work well with heavy vessels but still...

If you know a way to block fuel transfer, I'd love to know it. My Pug would be complete then. I also noticed that it still says Draws evenly... in the description. I guess it gets the flow mode from the RESOURCE definition, but it respects NO_FLOW setting anyways. 

Awesome, these look really good and I really agree on 1. & 2. but not that much on 3: In the Late Game the Pug is actually still a pretty good engine, that can be still used on smaller sats or stages, but I think it would render this engine useless if there's now way of having a bigger tank than these integrated 200l. Besides that if you know how, you can submit a PR on GitHub if you want to. 

transfer is a part of RESOURCE_DEFINITION,  not sure about resourceTransferMode. I'll have a look tomorrow, if you're still interested. 

Edited by ValiZockt

• 3 weeks later...

Just released a new Update with some new Part Mods.

v4.2.0
New:
* KK SpaceX Pack
* Mk33 Pack
* Provenance Aerospace

Updated:
* NearFutureSpacecraft: Integrated Fuel Tanks for OE-25 Engine
* Squad: Add new KS-25 Engine Config Variant

Misc:
* Deleted No-RealPlume-Installed Patch (As suspected there were some issues with it)

Can be downloaded on GitHubSpaceDock & CKAN

I'm also pretty close to finish SSTULabs Configs (still needs a lot of balancing) and also had my first look at updating the BDB RF Configs for BDB v1.7.0

Edited by ValiZockt

18 minutes ago, Dux Aquila said:

Hello, I have problems for installation in CKAN, Real Fuels does not have as dependency (or vice versa) this mod. Just install Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6, and I can't do anything else. Any solution?? Thanks in advance :)

Manually install RealFuels and then this mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.