[1.8.x-1.10.x] RealFuels-Stock v5.1.0. - Stockalike RealFuels Configs [18th August 2020]

ValiZockt

51 minutes ago, Cade said:

The convertatrons still have selections for lf + ox and monoprop, i cant do any of the real fuels has this not been implemented yet or am i missing something?

I just grep'd for convertatrons in all files and came up empty.

I don't think there are configs for what you seek.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

The convertatrons still have selections for lf + ox and monoprop, i cant do any of the real fuels has this not been implemented yet or am i missing something?

1 hour ago, TranceaddicT said:

I just grep'd for convertatrons in all files and came up empty.

I don't think there are configs for what you seek.

That's actually something I haven't thought of yet. I'll take a lock at that for the next update.

I don't know if this is the place for bug reports involving Real Fuels Stock, but I find that whenever the Munar Excursion Module is involved, the engines fail to fire with the 'not enough resources' message, even though I checked to make sure the engine is using the right fuels and the craft has enough of that kind of fuel.

Hi I'm having a problem with mod incompatibility with real fuels or this config not sure which I have about 130 mods and I went through each one almost individually and couldn't reproduce the problem I think it is a combination of 3 mods together including RF or RF config

It shows manouver burn time as being days instead of minutes and mech Jeb and kerbal engineer show the DV as being 26000 days for example

Still searching for problem I'll let you know once I've figured it out however if anyone knows of anything that may be causing this would be big help

Is that for all your engines? Are the thrust and lsp numbers in the editor nominal?

17 hours ago, MJRMatthew said:

Hi I'm having a problem with mod incompatibility with real fuels or this config not sure which I have about 130 mods and I went through each one almost individually and couldn't reproduce the problem I think it is a combination of 3 mods together including RF or RF config

It shows manouver burn time as being days instead of minutes and mech Jeb and kerbal engineer show the DV as being 26000 days for example

Still searching for problem I'll let you know once I've figured it out however if anyone knows of anything that may be causing this would be big help

its for all engines in the editor everything is totally normal and Mechjeb and KER Delta V calculations are correct. Unfortunately I kinda ran out of steam after spending the better half of my day searching for the problem idk what was causing it because at first I screwed up by not making a new save file every time I started the game meaning some of the mods werent really activated in the save file so all that searching was pointless so I kinda switched to realism overhaul for those configs instead. I could reinstall all the mods on one of my instances of KSP and give logs if that helps or just give mod list so you might be able to pick out which mod you think was causing it

So I've been working on some RealFuel configs for Bluedog but there's going to be a major obstacle to Realfuels working with BDB and thats the path BDB is taking with heavy focus on B9Partswitch variants. 

RF doesn't have a way to switch meshes afaik so a combination of selecting the desired subtype in B9PS and engine config in RF is required without making each engine subtype a new part. 
The problem extends to resizable fuel tanks, the part retains the fueltank size of the base mesh. Possible solution: https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch/pull/183 

The B9 modules in the BDB parts themselved also need to changed to refer to ModuleEnginesRF

If anyone is interested here are the configs which were based on BDB's RF configs:

https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/releases

• features all engine configs included in 1.7 BDB including variant fuels such as the HDA 8096 and RP-1 powered Titan 2+ engines. Thrust and balance on par with BDB although I'm working to make sure each realistic vehicle can fulfil its launch profile at 3.2x scale (Vanguard already needs some tweaking) (aka fulfill the historic mission contract pack)
  • Most engines incorporate RealFuels upgrade system for flexibility and fine tuning.
  • Most RCS should be quite flexible to configure.
  • It's best to select the b9 config and then the realfuels config, for some reason b9 seems to reset one of the propellants on some engines, notably the Agena engine. 

Currently in the process of configuring the tanks with the proper configs so pressure fed upper stages can actually be flown with their respective tanks. The old agena configs had no support for its RCS capable tanks. 

As it stands Realfuels is pretty much incompatible with BDB and the direction it's heading though. 

Edited by Bellabong

@Bellabong, wow, this is amazing. Thank you so much. 

Just some Notes on here:

7 hours ago, Bellabong said:

RF doesn't have a way to switch meshes afaik so a combination of selecting the desired subtype in B9PS and engine config in RF is required without making each engine subtype a new part. 
The problem extends to resizable fuel tanks, the part retains the fueltank size of the base mesh. Possible solution: https://github.com/blowfishpro/B9PartSwitch/pull/183 

Are there engines and tankes that change the mesh completely to represent other engines/tanks? Im only away of Paintjobs through B9PartSwitch (that just change the texture) and PartUpgrades through B9PartSwitch, that change Isp & Thrust (which is useless with RF, so with a MM Patch you could delete all PartUpgrades Nodes), but i may be very wrong here, im sadly not a BDB user, would be nice if you could correct me on this.

EDIT: Okay, just checked ingame, yes there seems to be tanks that change length with a B9PartSwitchModule. Only way i can think of is just disabling these extra option for now or use the B9PartSwitch fuelSwitcher instead of the MFT modules, but for now i think just disabling these extra options is the best way until this can fixed in other ways.

The B9 modules in the BDB parts themselved also need to changed to refer to ModuleEnginesRF

Regarding the B9PartSwitchModules, the engineSwitcher ones can be deleted (which don't change the mesh, but do change the stats of the engine to represent other engines, which can be done with RealFuels ModuleEngineConfigs, not to be mixed/confused with PartUpgrades, they only lift the Isp and Thrust, which can be done by RealFuels Tech Levels)

So something like this:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[moduleID[engineSwitch]]]:After[BLUEDOG_DB]
{
  !MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[moduleID[engineSwitch]]
}

With all this i don't see any others problem regarding B9PartSwitch in combination with RealFuels. (Going to hit up blowfish, for the PR sometime). 

And again: Thank you so much for doing this.

Edited by ValiZockt
checked for mesh changer

No Problem! Dove into it and didn't stop >.< Went alphabetically so by the time I got to the Probe rework parts, Saturn engines and all of Titan I was in too deep. 

The configs as they are now should be ready for testing, I'm planning to add techrequirements and probably tech levels and balance out the thruster power for the RCS.

https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/releases/tag/v0.1.7-alpha

RealFuels-Stock for BDB 1.7dev
Current State: ALPHA

These are engine and tank configurations for BDB 1.7dev up to the CentaurD RL10 addition even though RealFuels is pretty incompatible with B9PartSwitch configurations but most of it is working. 

Variable tank sizes from newer BDB parts using B9PartSwitch aren't supported. ModuleFuelTanks size references the default variant. 

Configs are based on the configs in BD_Extras although they've been completely overhauled since there's been a lot of changes to BDB since that was released.

All engines featured in BDB 1.7dev have RF versions of their B9 configs including appropriate variant fuels such as the HDA 8096 and RP-1 powered Titan engines configured. There's even a few extra configs and more variants are planned based on spelunking through RO configs and Astronautix* 

All engines make use of techlevels for fine tuning and their subtype requirements have the appropriate tech requirement.

Nearly all the RCS should be flexible in its configuration and have appropriate tech requirements.

Thrust is based on BDB values and scaled RO values for extra configs. Currently testing whether each historical vehicle can fullfill the Historic Mission Contract pack launched with MechJebs PEG Ascent Guidance or Gravity Turn @3.2x scale.

*Could possibly future proof for future BDB updates as well as provide a base for any mods engines based on real engines.

An optional patch for TAC users with 24h days is avaiable. Consumption rates are divided by 4 as the supplies added by BDB TAC patches are based on 6h days

-Rocket Belle

P.S.

Please direct all issues and questions related to BDB configs to me, Bellabong @ https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/issues

Edited by Bellabong

@ValiZockt not sure if it applies to BDB but b9 mesh switches that just change tank composition can be made compatible with RealFuels by just disabling the "tankType" line; i.e. see my post here. Of course I didn't write it on RealFuels end but I'm guessing its possible with different syntax. Maybe something like?:

@Part[mk4*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[moduleID[meshSwitch]:HAS[SUBTYPE]:HAS[tankType]]]:AFTER[MarkIVSystem]
{
	@SUBTYPE
	{
		!tankType
	}
}

or maybe?:

@Part[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[SUBTYPE:HAS[tankType]]]:AFTER[RealFuels]
{
	@SUBTYPE
	{
		!tankType
		!addedMass
		!addedCost
	}
}

----------------

Anyway, posting this here: made a 'quick' fix for Coatl Aerospace's ca_torekkaPM engine (there's possibly other engines that need fixes but I saw this first):

@PART[ca_torekkaPM]:AFTER[CoatlAerospace]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleRCSFX:HAS[thrusterTransformName[RCS_transform]]]
	{
		@resourceName = Hydrazine
	}
@MODULE[ModuleRCSFX:HAS[thrusterTransformName[RCS_transformL]]]
	{
		@resourceName = Hydrazine
	}
}

Have to do it twice like that because of the two RCS modules with the same name. Just doing 

@Module[ModuleRCSFX]

only applies to one of the RCSs, not both. Is there a syntax for ALL so it applies it to both?

Here's the section of the part file for reference:

//Small rotation nozzles (Aerojet MR-111)
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCS_transform
		thrusterPower = 0.1
		resourceName = MonoPropellant
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = running
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 250
			key = 1 100
			key = 4 0.001
		}
	}
	//Large nozzles (Aerojet MR-104)
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		stagingEnabled = False
		thrusterTransformName = RCS_transformL
		thrusterPower = 1
		resourceName = MonoPropellant
		resourceFlowMode = STAGE_PRIORITY_FLOW
		runningEffectName = runningL
		atmosphereCurve
		{
			key = 0 240
			key = 1 100
			key = 4 0.001
		}
	}

Link to post in Coatl Aerospace thread.

Is it better to make these patches RealFuels-Stock side or on the side of the individual mod?

Edited by Iodyne

19 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

not sure if it applies to BDB but b9 mesh switches that just change tank composition can be made compatible with RealFuels by just disabling the "tankType" line; i.e. see my post here. Of course I didn't write it on RealFuels end but I'm guessing its possible with different syntax. Maybe something like?:

Looking at the config of MarkIVSpaceplane, it just looks like the !tankType has to be deleted (see MKIVFuelTanks.cfg), thank you for the configs, will test & include them in next update.

28 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Anyway, posting this here: made a 'quick' fix for Coatl Aerospace's ca_torekkaPM engine (there's possibly other engines that need fixes but I saw this first):

The Coatl Aerospace Configs are still a leftover from Raptors831 Stockalike-RealFuels and were last updated 3 years ago, so there is a high chance there will be more stuff that isn't configured. It's now on my To-Do list and may be included in the next update too. Thanks for reporting this.

30 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Have to do it twice like that because of the two RCS modules with the same name. Just doing [..] only applies to one of the RCSs, not both. Is there a syntax for ALL so it applies it to both?

Yes you can use @MODULE[ModuleRCSFX],* (the ',' indicates that you want to target a specific ModuleRCSFX (index),  they go numerically up and start at 0; the '*' is a wildcard which means you allow everything in this)

Also in the next update there will be this change to RCS configs, which means that all RCS thrusters that still have  MonoPropellant  as a  resourceName  will get replaced by this.

34 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

Is it better to make these patches RealFuels-Stock side or on the side of the individual mod?

If a mod already has a own config (not in RealFuels-Stock) than these patch updates should go to the mod that includes that, but in this case neither MarkIVSpaceplane nor Coatl Aerospace has configs in their downloads, so both of them can go to RealFuels-Stock directly. 

1 hour ago, ValiZockt said:

Yes you can use @MODULE[ModuleRCSFX],* (the ',' indicates that you want to target a specific ModuleRCSFX (index),  they go numerically up and start at 0; the '*' is a wildcard which means you allow everything in this)

Ah, okay. Knew about * just not ,

Also in the next update there will be this change to RCS configs, which means that all RCS thrusters that still have  MonoPropellant  as a  resourceName  will get replaced by this.

Okay, so the patch won't be necessary in the next update?

Looking at the config of MarkIVSpaceplane, it just looks like the !tankType has to be deleted (see MKIVFuelTanks.cfg), thank you for the configs, will test & include them in next update.

So how exactly should the configs look? I guess I'm a bit confused; I get that !tankType might not work but how is the tank switching disabled then? Does it need to target the B9_TANK_TYPE? 

------------------

Also, just noticed the main post says not to use RealPlume-Stock (I've had them both installed...); what about all the mods supported there that aren't in RealFuels-Stock? Would it work if I just remove the duplicates from RealPlume but leave the others?

12 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

@Bellabong Hi, I'm not finding your github repos ... both links you've posted are 404. Are you still looking into the BDB configs?

here you go

Also @Bellabong, your github link isn't working; it doesn't match the name of your repository; should be https://github.com/Bellabong/RealFuels-Stock/issues

On 7/22/2020 at 1:13 AM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

@Bellabong Hi, I'm not finding your github repos ... both links you've posted are 404. Are you still looking into the BDB configs?

Updated the links, and thanks @Iodyne for providing one. Was just typing up a reply xD

Here's a direct link:

Edited by Bellabong

5 hours ago, Iodyne said:

So how exactly should the configs look? I guess I'm a bit confused; I get that !tankType might not work but how is the tank switching disabled then? Does it need to target the B9_TANK_TYPE? 

Sorry, I’ve should have been more clear, I mean that only !tankType has to be used, not the other two one.

5 hours ago, Iodyne said:

Also, just noticed the main post says not to use RealPlume-Stock (I've had them both installed...); what about all the mods supported there that aren't in RealFuels-Stock? Would it work if I just remove the duplicates from RealPlume but leave the others?

Yes, just delete the one that RF-Stock already configures. This is marked incompatible to get around possible plume duplicates 

Here's also a patch for Luciole:

@PART[_Luciole_KickStage_0625]:FOR[RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		volume = 50
		type = ServiceModule
	}
	!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
 }
@PART[_Luciole_Avionics_0625]:FOR[RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		volume = 25
		type = ServiceModule
	}
}

Fixes a bug in which while the tanks are created with 50L, they can be filled up to 1300L. Also tweaked the latter part to 25L (bc it's a smaller part than the former). Made these on Luciole's side and posted in their thread, so might need to change the syntax?

I also had manually changed the Kickstage's engine to use Hydrazine, so I didn't write up a dedicated patch for it (although it should be fixed in the next RF-Stock update?).

Edited by Iodyne

On 7/18/2020 at 10:03 PM, Bellabong said:

As it stands Realfuels is pretty much incompatible with BDB and the direction it's heading though. 

I've not investigated how RF plays with it but a lot of what BDB is doing nowadays is with the B9 module switching functionality. Its possible that it can play nice with realFuels modules? Also Blowfish, the developer of B9PS is a close collaborator and he has shown a willingness to add features if people request a clearly defined and valid use case.

With respect to tanks I presume the 'volumeAdded' field used when mesh switches happen to different sizes is not taken into account with realfuels modules? Again not too familiar with RF but if you have problems getting it to work I would suggest getting some advice from Blowfish.

Worst case scenario I think would be to set up some custom b9 tank types containing the appropriate real fuels resources for those parts. That way they will be functional with the correct fuel types for those tanks though I suppose without the flexibility of the real fuels tank switcher module. 

Edited by Zorg

@Zorg For the most part it can play along with RF. The intention of the pull request I linked earlier seems like it would solve the main incompatibility of RF not seeing B9's volume switching, would probably take a small patch to increase the actual volume. The other thing of concern are the B9PS errors as EngineSwitch wants to change the engine performance, but I think a patch that could remove the MODULE fields in SUBTYPES from the B9Partswitch module should do the trick if that's the only thing that makes EngineSwitch look for ModuleEnginesFX.

Bonus of the worst case scenario is that those configs could evolve into a standalone RealFuels for B9Partswitch mod.

6 hours ago, Bellabong said:

@Zorg For the most part it can play along with RF. The intention of the pull request I linked earlier seems like it would solve the main incompatibility of RF not seeing B9's volume switching, would probably take a small patch to increase the actual volume. The other thing of concern are the B9PS errors as EngineSwitch wants to change the engine performance, but I think a patch that could remove the MODULE fields in SUBTYPES from the B9Partswitch module should do the trick if that's the only thing that makes EngineSwitch look for ModuleEnginesFX.

Bonus of the worst case scenario is that those configs could evolve into a standalone RealFuels for B9Partswitch mod.

The issue with the engine switch I believe is probably because the B9 switcher is modifying ModuleEnginesFX. I patching it to target ModuleEnginesRF or whatever it is RF uses should work rather than killing the MODULE fields. Those engines combine different generations and models of various engines and killing the subtype MODULE fields which contain the stat switches, and thus having the same stats for all subtypes would be a shame.

Unlike the volume switching issue I am quite certain the module switching with B9 should work with realfuels engine modules. You should be able to modify any other parameters as well such as propellant resources which would be handy for things like the Lr87 which combine kerolox and hypergolic subtypes in some models. The only possible snag might be different ignition limits for different subtypes but Blowfish did add special handling to work with the standalone EngineIgnitor mod so its likely it might work or be made to work with RF ignition limits.

Edited by Zorg

Well the point of killing the MODULE is that RF is the one that's handling engine performance and don't worrry, the performance subtypes are preserved in RF:)

CONFIG
        {
            name = Belle-RLX81-8048
            description = Early RLX81 variant, used in the Belle-A upper stage. The all-aluminum construction makes this engine a bit of a technical marvel.
            maxThrust = #$/MODULE[ModuleEnginesRF]/maxThrust$
            massMult = 1
            ignitions = 1
            ullage = true
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = UDMH
                ratio = 2.0961
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = IRFNA-III
                ratio = 2.57
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 272
                key = 1 94
            }
        }
        CONFIG
        {
            name = Belle-RLX81-8081
            description = Early RLX81 variant, used in the first production blocks of the Belle-B upper stage. Performance is significantly increased by replacing the lower engine bell with a larger extension.
            @maxThrust *= 1.0333
            massMult = 1
            ignitions = 2
            ullage = true
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = UDMH
                ratio = 2.0961
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = IRFNA-III
                ratio = 2.57
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 283
                key = 1 91
            }
        }
        CONFIG
        {
            name = Belle-RLX81-8096 "Mafuni"
            description = Operational RLX81 variant, used in the "standardized" Belle-D and late model Belle-B upper stages. Improved in all respects over the previous versions and features a further enlarged engine bell.
            @maxThrust *= 1.0333
            massMult = 1
            ignitions = 3
            ullage = false
            techRequired = advancedRocketry
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = UDMH
                ratio = 2.0961
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = IRFNA-III
                ratio = 2.57
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 291
                key = 1 84
            }
        }
        CONFIG
        {
            name = Belle-RLX81-8247 "Mafuni" // ATV Engine config for more restarts
            description = Version of Mafuni engine for the Hermes-Belle Target Vehicle. Minimum capability of five restarts and a demonstrated capability of fifteen restarts.
            @maxThrust *= 1.0333
            massMult = 1
            ignitions = 15
            ullage = false
            techRequired = advancedRocketry
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = UDMH
                ratio = 2.0961
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = IRFNA-III
                ratio = 2.57
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 291
                key = 1 84
            }
        }
        CONFIG
        {
            name = Belle-RLX81-8096-HDA "Mafuni-X"
            description = Mafuni engine converted to run on "High Density Acid" for increased performance.
            @maxThrust *= 1.0914
            massMult = 1
            ignitions = 50
            ullage = false
            techRequired = propulsionSystems
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = UDMH
                ratio = 2.0961
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = IRFNA-IV
                ratio = 2.69
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 302
                key = 1 76
            }
        }
        CONFIG
        {
            name = Belle-RLX81-8096-B "Mafuni-B"
            description = Mafuni engine with a long nozzle extension for the advanced drop tank Belle upper stage.
            @maxThrust *= 1.1322
            massMult = 1
            ignitions = 200
            ullage = false
            techRequired = precisionPropulsion    
            PROPELLANT
            {
            name = MMH
            ratio = 1.6477
            DrawGauge = True
            }
            PROPELLANT
            {
                name = NTO
                ratio = 2.37
            }
            atmosphereCurve
            {
                key = 0 327
                key = 1 62
            }
        }

The intention from my end is that B9 handles the cosmetics and RF handles performance. It would be nice if RF could handle the cosmetic part but now the more I think about it it might be better to write patches which patches RF stuff into the B9 configs.

Does anyone know if the same thing that B9Engineswitch uses to edit ModuleEnginesFX could be applied to VolumeSwitch and ModuleFuelTanks? Because then it should be possible to get them to work together in a patch (per part with switchable tanks unless my fantasy patch below works to make a general patch)

Something that looks like

@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[volumeSwitch|meshSwitchLength]]
    {
        @SUBTYPE,0
        {
            MODULE
            {
                IDENTIFIER
                {
                    name = ModuleFuelTanks
                }
	                DATA
                {
                    volume = 0
                    @volume = #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$
                    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$
                    @volume:HAS[@RESOURCE[Monopropellant] += #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$
                    @volume *= 5
                }
            }
        }

@SUBTYPE,1 //Is there a way for this to apply all SUBTYPES after the first?
        {
            @volumeAddedToParent *= 5

MODULE
            {
                IDENTIFIER
                {
                    name = ModuleFuelTanks
                }
	                DATA
                {
                    volume = 0
                    @volume = #$/RESOURCE[LiquidFuel]/maxAmount$
                    @volume += #$/RESOURCE[Oxidizer]/maxAmount$
                    @volume:HAS[@RESOURCE[Monopropellant] += #$/RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]/maxAmount$
                    @volume *= 5
                    @volume += volumeAddedToParent // no idea how to get mm to reference this figure
                }
            }
        }
    }

Edited by Bellabong

//Is there a way for this to apply all SUBTYPES after the first?

Yeah you can use 

@SUBTYPE,* {

I was trying something similar; I noticed that getting rid of the "tankType" in the part files directly or turning them into tankType:NEEDS[!RealFuels] works. But I didn't write a universal one; you can see my attempt earlier in the thread here.

@Part[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[SUBTYPE:HAS[tankType]]]:FINAL //:AFTER[RealFuels]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch],*
	{
		@SUBTYPE[*],*
		{
			!tankType = DEL
			!addedMass = DEL
			!addedCost = DEL
		}
	}
}

This is how far I got; doesn't seem to work and not sure what to do from here