[1.8.x-1.10.x] RealFuels-Stock v5.1.0. - Stockalike RealFuels Configs [18th August 2020]

ValiZockt

20 minutes ago, Dux Aquila said:

Hello, I have problems for installation in CKAN, Real Fuels does not have as dependency (or vice versa) this mod. Just install Stockalike RF Engine Configs v3.2.6, and I can't do anything else. Any solution?? Thanks in advance :)

To install RealFuels-Stock through CKAN you will just have to select "RealFuels-Stock" not "RealFuels" nor "RealFuels: Stockalike RF Configs" in CKAN. (See Screenshot below)

pltYDao.png

All other dependencies (SolverEngines, RF, CRP) are installed automatically too.

3 minutes ago, Dux Aquila said:

@ValiZockt  Thank you for the help, in the search on CKAN of the mod I had not noticed the conflict with Real Plume-Stock. It's settled, thanks again

:)

Glad i could help. RealPlume-Stock "conflicts" with RealFuels-Stock, since I have already integrated all plumes directly into this Config Mod here. Many Engines here have different Fuel Configs (e.g Kero/LOx or LH2/LOx) and with so plumes should look different according to their fuel, RealPlume-Stock doesn't account for that, so had to do my own here. Besides, i would also like to mention that Zorg was a great help on these plumes.

1 minute ago, Selphadur said:

When I launch game module manager says RealFuels are not supported on 1.9.1.
Yet your mod description states that RealFuels is a dependency. Should I worry about RealFuel unsupported message?

Thanks!

No, you can ignore that, RealFuels isn't recompiled against 1.9.1, but that doesn't matter, works fine in without any issues in 1.9.1. Gonna add that to the OP for clarity,  thanks! 

Another question.

Should I ignore this error that MADLAD shows?:

[WRN 22:51:13.359] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlightAPI' V1.5.0
[WRN 22:51:13.359] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlight' V1.5.0

I believe it is related to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealFuels\Plugins TestFlightRF.dll.

Or should I download TestFlight?
Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

Another question.

Should I ignore this error that MADLAD shows?:

[WRN 22:51:13.359] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlightAPI' V1.5.0
[WRN 22:51:13.359] AssemblyLoader: Assembly 'TestFlightRF' has not met dependency 'TestFlight' V1.5.0

I believe it is related to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\RealFuels\Plugins TestFlightRF.dll.

Or should I download TestFlight?
Thanks!

RealFuels has an additional plugin (TestFlightRF.dll) that only gets loaded if you have TestFlight (A mod that adds random engine failures, which is highly optional. It's not a dependency) installed, hence you get that log message that says that this .dll isn't going to be loaded. It's more of a "notification" than an error. So, yeah you can also ignore that.

Edited by ValiZockt

Hi! I have been testing and I found that there is a problem with the stock Mk1-3 Capsule: it only weights 10 kgs dry. Do this has to do with this configs or it is a problem from Real Fuels?

Also, when leaving useRealisticMass as true, the MEM lander is weighting around the same as stock (around 2.5 tns I think) and has enough fuel to ascend from the mun with a spark engine. But when using useRealisticMass as false to balance all to the stock scale system it goes up to 6.96 tns. 

Edited by Frafor

5 hours ago, Frafor said:

Hi! I have been testing and I found that there is a problem with the stock Mk1-3 Capsule: it only weights 10 kgs dry. Do this has to do with this configs or it is a problem from Real Fuels? 

Yes, this was an issue on my side here, fixed in the master branch on GitHub & will be included in the next release. Thank you for reporting.

5 hours ago, Frafor said:

Also, when leaving useRealisticMass as true, the MEM lander is weighting around the same as stock (around 2.5 tns I think) and has enough fuel to ascend from the mun with a spark engine. But when using useRealisticMass as false to balance all to the stock scale system it goes up to 6.96 tns. 

I'm doing some rebalancing lately to better account for stock scale users. I don't want to be dependent on the useRealisticMass Setting in RealFuels anymore, so expect some update soon on this. 

Unfortunately, this mod is not compatible with "BDB". Due to a significant change in the DENSITY of liquid hydrogen, there is no longer enough Saturn V fuel of the 2nd and 3rd stages to put it into orbit and direct it to the moon. Scale - x2.5 Without "Real Fuel Stock," everything works well.
I literally manage to gain 2800 m / s using the second stage of the Saturn V. Without the "Real Fuel Stock" mod, the second stage even has a reserve of 3800 m / s, which is enough to put into orbit at a size of both x2.5 and x2.7 (almost the same thing)

I hope I wrote it clearly. ps also since I play x2.5 with the value "realistic mass engine\fueltank I have "false"

I also noticed some misunderstanding in terms of engine mass.
Stock: LV-TX87 weighs 2.0 tons.
Real Fuel: LV-TX87  (realists mass Ture) weighs 0.4 tons (if I remember correctly)
Real Fuel: (realists mass False) LV-TX87 weigh 2.64 tons? WHY? I thought that the values "False" will leave the engines in stock condition and not add to them even more weight than was in stock ....

Edited by OOM

41 minutes ago, OOM said:

Unfortunately, this mod is not compatible with "BDB". Due to a significant change in the DENSITY of liquid hydrogen, there is no longer enough Saturn V fuel of the 2nd and 3rd stages to put it into orbit and direct it to the moon. Scale - x2.5 Without "Real Fuel Stock," everything works well.
I literally manage to gain 2800 m / s using the second stage of the Saturn V. Without the "Real Fuel Stock" mod, the second stage even has a reserve of 3800 m / s, which is enough to put into orbit at a size of both x2.5 and x2.7 (almost the same thing)

As @woeller said BDB isn't implemented and supported by this mod yet, the configs that BDB provides are way outdated and will throw B9PartSwitchError messages on startup. Updating the BDB configs and implementing them into RealFuels-Stock is on my ToDo List, but not top priority. 

44 minutes ago, OOM said:

I also noticed some misunderstanding in terms of engine mass.
Stock: LV-TX87 weighs 2.0 tons.
Real Fuel: LV-TX87  (realists mass Ture) weighs 0.4 tons (if I remember correctly)
Real Fuel: (realists mass False) LV-TX87 weigh 2.64 tons? WHY? I thought that the values "False" will leave the engines in stock condition and not add to them even more weight than was in stock ....

Yes, Engines will weight less with RealFuels-Stock installed, as soon as you set useRealisticMass to false, a multiplier will just get added and it will not return to it's stock value. As i said a post earlier i'm currently rebalancing a lot of stuff (this is top priority for now) to get away from this useRealisticMass Setting.

5 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

As @woeller said BDB isn't implemented and supported by this mod yet, the configs that BDB provides are way outdated and will throw B9PartSwitchError messages on startup. Updating the BDB configs and implementing them into RealFuels-Stock is on my ToDo List, but not top priority. 

Yes, Engines will weight less with RealFuels-Stock installed, as soon as you set useRealisticMass to false, a multiplier will just get added and it will not return to it's stock value. As i said a post earlier i'm currently rebalancing a lot of stuff (this is top priority for now) to get away from this useRealisticMass Setting.

If I understand correctly, in time you are going to release a new version of RealFuel Stock, which is initially balanced for x2.5 and other sizes? If so then it will be a masterpiece.

Edited by OOM

Just now, OOM said:

If I understand correctly, in time you are going to release a new version of RealFuel Stock, which is initially balanced for x2.5 and other sizes? If so then it will be a masterpiece.

Yes, this is my goal. Right now it's a bit of a mess, some parts are some not. I already have a rough idea where approximately all parts should be placed, so that they can be better played with stock scale, but also be played with 2.5x - 3.2x without any drawbacks.

9 hours ago, ValiZockt said:

Yes, this is my goal. Right now it's a bit of a mess, some parts are some not. I already have a rough idea where approximately all parts should be placed, so that they can be better played with stock scale, but also be played with 2.5x - 3.2x without any drawbacks.

That will be amazing, I will keep an eye to when you release it. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Bellabong said:

Hi, is there a particular reason there are configs in Stockalike-RF that have not been carried over to RealFuels-Stock? eg Taerobee, SXT

nvm found SXT

There is/was just a Taerobee config in the RealPlume folder, but nothing in RealFuels folders, it was probably just buried in another config. I didn’t searched for it yet, to exclude it from that. Correct me if I’m wrong on this. 

New Update! While the commit list isn't very long in this update, this update "fixes" the balancing issues, that mostly affected stock users. 

v5.0.0
New:
 * Include Parts from 1.10 Update
Updated:
 * Fix too low mass on MK1-3 Pod
 * Rebalancing
Misc
* Fix Near Future Launch Vehicles B9PartSwitch Tanks Warnings
* Basemass/Drymass now dependent on volume
* Added Xenon Tank Conversion

As always, available on GitHubSpaceDock & CKAN 

Edited by ValiZockt

1 hour ago, MoonTruther said:

i have an issue with the mod, SRBS seem to work fine, but when setting up a liquid fuel tank, it wont let me select any fuels, and the ui is bugged, it shows the help menu, and other weird stuff.

Never encountered this, can you share an image of the bugged UI? Also could you please share your player.log, you can find it at: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log. You can upload this file to any file-sharing services (Google Drive, Dropbox...)

Edited by ValiZockt

33 minutes ago, ValiZockt said:

Never encountered this, can you share an image of bugged UI? Also could you please share your player.log, you can find it at: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Player.log. You can upload this file to any file-sharing services (Google Drive, Dropbox...)

Yeah! ill provide them in a little bit, im busy at the momment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.