20 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

How many hours do you have in this game may I ask? (steam stats pls)

He probably got the game long before it was on steam

16 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

I believe the developers' intentions are good, but 1.5 years is a long time.

Actually, a year and a 1/2 is not bad at all. Many games have taken 5 to 7 years to fully develop.

31 minutes ago, Majorjim! said:

How many hours do you have in this game may I ask? (steam stats pls)

Steam doesn't record time when you launch the game directly or via CKAN.  Was talked about a lot in this topic.

I don't believe a SINGEL word you say until I see it with my own 2 eyes. If the game don't have [snip] microtransactions and always online [snip] and the game is NOT dumbed down but really really good. Then I MIGHT buy the the game. Time will tell [snip]. A promise is worthless until it is put into ACTON! Ever since Watch dog's I have tryed not to get hyped for games until I see REAL gamepley on youtube. I was hyped to see ksp 2 but that has 100% gone out the window now. If however you are true to your words and the game is good, then that's great. If not, I'll just keep playing Ksp, starsector and other good games like that.

Edited by Vanamonde

People, whatever your feelings on the subject, verbal aggression will not persuade anyone to adopt your views. We do not allow forum members to insult each other here, and there's no call to subject the game's makers to that sort of abusiveness, either. 

Some remarks have been edited. 

Again. 

I'm just saying, it's not 1.5 year development time, not 2, not 3. According to that infamous Bloomberg article, the development started in 2017. Which, if the release is planned for late 2021, makes it four years (which is a reasonable time for a game of this size)

Thank you so much for clarifying. Based on earlier threads, I was terrified that T2 was trying to stuff YOUR game full of microtransactions, DRMs, and paid mods. You have reassured me that KSP 2 will likely be even better than the original.

Well, I for one don't seem to fall into either of the two camps of "oh, I thought the game was doomed but now I'm perfectly content" or "I don't believe you, take two is too evil for this to be true".

Really, the thing that caught my eye here was your comment about z-pinch fusion devices, and want to know exactly what they're used in. Colonial reactor, onboard spacecraft reactor, or engine. If engine, which engine and what's its performance. If reactor, what kind of power to weight ratio does it get and how bulky is it. These are the things that interest me.

With respect sir, saying:

"this isn't a freemium game with microtransactions"

Is not the same as saying : "there will not be microtransactions."

I really want to believe in your seemingly well natured intentions but we all know this is a grimey industry, and in the case of flying tiger, and star theory, it's a cut throat and unforgiving industry as well.

Please acknowledge that if you aren't trying to con your way into our good graces with clever wording, that you at least sound exactly like a conman trying to gain our confidence would sound like.

We are all worried about the news and we have a right to be, very rarely has a story about companies behind a game like this turned out to be overwhelmingly positive. Even destiny with it's arguable success was met with scrutiny and confusion towards Bungie by fans who knew there had to be more to the story so to speak.

If we had anything to look forward to at all, whether that was blogs that seem to have dried up after the second or third installments, or even a release window smaller than 365 days, I think appreciative would be an understatement. We are afraid and I don't think a small morsel to chew on is too much to ask for your hungry and ravenous few, foremost in loyalty. The devoted gathered here are not the crowd to disappoint if you are deciding between us and the teeming masses of newcomers [snip] you claim to spend so much time on the UI for.

We put you on the map, and without us you will fall off of it.

Edited by Vanamonde

Take Two owns Kerbal Space Program and it is still going strong and well. If anything, we're getting more updates with nice features (such as upcoming decals and comets), even if the game is going in a direction we didn't anticipate it'd go in during 2017. Worry not about the fact that Take Two owns KSP 2, it has proved that it can be (sorta) nice with KSP.

Edited by Bej Kerman

I get the feeling that @Nate Simpson's post was an attempt at damage control due to the bloomberg article, but given that he just made one post, and hasn't responded with any follow up, I don't think its been particularly effective.

I suspect those that are satisfied with what he said already weren't concerned by the bloomberg article, and no minds have been changed.

9 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

I get the feeling that @Nate Simpson's post was an attempt at damage control due to the bloomberg article, but given that he just made one post, and hasn't responded with any follow up, I don't think its been particularly effective.

I suspect those that are satisfied with what he said already weren't concerned by the bloomberg article, and no minds have been changed.

To be fair I don’t think it was intended to be particularly effective in regards to the conversation regarding the article. It was just to clarify their position on the game, that is all. 

@MechBFP yea, but I don't understand why people think anything would have changed.

Nate was and still is the creative director or whatever his title is. If T2 wasn't making him put in microtransactions before, why would they now?

If anything, they have set themselves back and gutted the team to half of what it was, and are more vulnerable to someone refusing to go along with their bad ideas. To add new microtransaction bs would just prolong the development further.

Besides, KSP isn't a game that lends itself to that, other than stupid cosmetic skins, which I would find annoying but irrelevant.

And his statement doesn't rule out a bunch of small overpriced DLCs like one finds on the sims or City skylines

On 6/6/2020 at 3:56 PM, FleshJeb said:

I'd rather KSP2 never gets made than have developers take any crap from Take-Two. At the end of the day, it's just a game.

My thanks to the developers who chose not to continue.

The developers didn't "take excrements from TT" but their bosses. As a former developer myself ( although in car industry and automotive Software not gaming) I would never ever take a move against my employer as a move against me as a person. It's capitalism and game industry after all, so there is not such thing as a good company.

I would look, whether they offer to pay my coworkers and me a higher salary or have other goodies. 

In the end the company wants maximum profit from my work and I want to have the biggest share possible from it and then decide to accept it or not.

It's not an issue where morality leads to anything.

Edited by jost
Added my former industry to avoid missunderstandings

6 hours ago, jost said:

The developers didn't "take excrements from TT" but their bosses.

Oh, this is an excellent point. So far I was under the (admittedly unfounded) impression that S.T was, in so many words, a tight-knit team. If the relation inside the company was, however, sour, I would actually reverse my current view completely.

I think our solidarity should be with the devs, not the company (in general, and very specifically here).

I hope that I'm doing a good job of advocating for all of these perspectives -- though it has often been helpful to get feedback from the community when we're exploring what does and doesn't work (yes, we know how you feel about the navball).

I'm beginning to wonder how true this really is more than before. Now that we can see the profile of a KSP 2 developer and when they last logged on it seems, at least Nate, has only been here since he just made the profile seeing as he hasn't logged on since friday. The navball was a hot topic only recently and talk about it is still on page 1 of the forums. So what of all the other issues that have come up? There was surely an outcry about Met H but that outcry, by now, is mostly buried. (For the record I'm neutral on Met H as a I don't think a touch of fantasy is bad but I would still like to see more theoretically feasible techs in the game like pebble beds and gas cores etc).

All in all I'm getting more skeptical we are actually being listened to and some form of presence with the forum, besides one single solitary post, doesn't seem like too much to ask.

EDIT: After seeing that Nate pops in somewhat frequently I am more at ease. Sorry for the skepticism Nate.

Edited by mcwaffles2003

3 hours ago, bitzoid said:

Oh, this is an excellent point. So far I was under the (admittedly unfounded) impression that S.T was, in so many words, a tight-knit team. If the relation inside the company was, however, sour, I would actually reverse my current view completely.

I think our solidarity should be with the devs, not the company (in general, and very specifically here).

Just that I'm not missunderstood: I never worked in the game industry and NOT on KSP or KSP2. But car industry is not so different in this regard. The salary is higher though.

I agree with you concerning solidarity with the girls and guys who actually do the work

Edited by jost

I'm just now catching up with this episode. Jason Schreier's article says that Take Two successfully poached @Nate Simpson from Star Theory. Take Two also ponied up the money to get the KSP brand from SQUAD, right? So if Nate's post is to be believed, KSP2 is still in development, just not under Star Theory, but under Take Two's studio Intercept Games.

I feel bad casting aspersions on Nate's post when he effuses such enthusiasm, but talk is cheap. No one's motives are particularly clear (except pursuing bigger paychecks and dividends, natch). And in the end, what strategy/sim gamers want is very divergent from what large publishers like Take Two want. My cynicism outweighs my excitement for KSP2 now. It's easy to fear disappointment when big money shenanigans like this transpire, so I'm just gonna write it off. If reviews are not terrible, I'll probably buy KSP2; otherwise, the KSP brand is yet another victim of the corporate machine. More blood for the blood god, another franchise for the franchise throne.