I need your attention regarding a simple poll, please.

What will be your next move regarding the situation ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy KSP ?, Will you boycott, or will you use alternate ways to get the game.

• I'll genuinely buy the game
    • I'll boycott the game and stop at KSP1
    • I did not take my decision yet, I will wait and see

Dear everyone,

I've been in those forums since...ages now, I even developed a mod for KSP1 that we don't need now that we got electric engines in the game.

But as a true believer in democracy, also as a big lurker and one member of the "silent mass", I'm reaching to everyone of you today, even people like me who just enjoy reading without answering (and there is many), with this simple and yet effective poll to show people's intention toward the ethically low move that take two just did.

Of course, feel free to text your opinion to say what you've voted and why if you feel the need for that, however, this topic is mainly a poll that I hope will get bumped from time to time.

Thank you everyone for taking from your time sharing your opinion.

Just now, afafsa said:

It is far too premature to be having this discussion.

Thank you very much for your response, but I think that most people have already made their choice unless take two step back. don't you think so ?

2 minutes ago, touzenesmy said:

Thank you very much for your response, but I think that most people have already made their choice unless take two step back. don't you think so ?

Absolutely not. "most" people haven't done anything of the sort - unless you've got a crystal ball that allows you to see into the future as well as read minds, in which case, this poll is a little redundant. and I'd imagine "most" people will simply wait to see what the game is like at launch (reviews) before buying - why have you missed that critical option off the poll?

Just now, MR L A said:

Absolutely not. "most" people haven't done anything of the sort - unless you've got a crystal ball that allows you to see into the future as well as read minds, in which case, this poll is a little redundant. and I'd imagine "most" people will simply wait to see what the game is like at launch (reviews) before buying - why have you missed that critical option off the poll?

None of us have a crystal ball, I'm relying on what I've seen on the comments on youtube at this point, I don't know if most people made their choice yet and you are right on this, still you cannot say that they didn't make their choice yet because none of us really know what is in peoples mind, that's why the poll is here, and didn't find any poll considering as much choices that's why I made it.

You make a good point about the missing entry in the poll and I've just added it, thank you.

1 minute ago, touzenesmy said:

None of us have a crystal ball, I'm relying on what I've seen on the comments on youtube at this point, I don't know if most people made their choice yet and you are right on this, still you cannot say that they didn't make their choice yet because none of us really know what is in peoples mind, that's why the poll is here, and didn't find any poll considering as much choices that's why I made it.

You make a good point about the missing entry in the poll and I've just added it, thank you.

I see what you mean - but those of us leaving comments are not "most people" - we're the noisy minority. KSP sold 2 million+ copies, so it's pretty hard to state that most people have made a decision based on what you've seen in comments - unless you've seen two million comments on the matter of course.

Well, I'm trying to understand.

At first, I thought that Take two just shot themselves in the foot, because people won't buy and give money to a company that have chosen to fire people and put the hunger/shelter knife under their throats by either following their unethical move or just stay without a job, all that, to make a bit more profit.

But hey, who knows ? maybe they did the good thing in their interest because most people won't care and buy the game anyway, just look how EA are doing, so at the end of the day they'll have everything working as they have planned.

There is no way to know how things will unfold, but through this poll, I want to know how KSP community will react to this move, will their support it regardless of the consequences, or will they make a stop to it.

Or simply they didn't make their choice yet.

Thank you for helping me to understand different point of views regarding that situation, but please, don't bring out fallacy arguments with "you cannot know what every single one will do" because no one can, still polls are used to express what people think even if not evey single member of the population participated in that poll.

2 minutes ago, hendrack said:

Please add the poll option "I am not reading the KSP2 subforum until release" :confused:

Well, if you're here... you are :D

Edited by touzenesmy

2 minutes ago, touzenesmy said:

but please, don't bring out fallacy arguments with "you cannot know what every single one will do"

Assuming this is aimed at my comment, but the reason I said this was because you had already stated that "most people" had made a decision (something you cannot possibly know as is therefore "fallacy") -  I was using "fallacy" to point out the "fallacy" you had already used.

42 minutes ago, touzenesmy said:

Dear everyone,

I've been in those forums since...ages now, I even developed a mod for KSP1 that we don't need now that we got electric engines in the game.

But as a true believer in democracy, also as a big lurker and one member of the "silent mass", I'm reaching to everyone of you today, even people like me who just enjoy reading without answering (and there is many), with this simple and yet effective poll to show people's intention toward the ethically low move that take two just did.

Of course, feel free to text your opinion to say what you've voted and why if you feel the need for that, however, this topic is mainly a poll that I hope will get bumped from time to time.

Thank you everyone for taking from your time sharing your opinion.

no you don't need our attention

The thing with all this is we aren't in a great position to judge what happened at the end of last year. Does it look shady? Sure, but none of us knows what was going on within Star Theory or in their negotiations with T2. It was nice at least to see Nate post and vouch for the process he's seeing. I think the fairest thing is to keep our eyes open and cross our fingers that the game turns out great. 

@touzenesmy It is way way way too premature for anyone to make an informed and educated choice on purchasing or abstaining from purchasing KSP2.

Not counting the developers of KSP2 past or present or the companies themselves and/or possibly lawyers for them, we just do not have enough information. We as consumers are not privy to the whole picture. We may never be. Allow me to quote myself from another thread in this same type of topic: 

Simply put: gaps in the knowledge are being filled in with biases, emotions, theories and likely other things I am not thinking of.

If we as consumers are going to choose where we stand, we cannot and should not make a choice that is based as much on insinuation and bias or missing information as is fact. We should and I would insist we make our choice based on a preponderance of factual evidence. It is only right. 

I am going to quote @pandaman as I think he gives a great example of my point:

“Hypothetical scenario...

A big dog attacks and seriously mauls a Little dog.

The big dog is therefore, understandably, deemed dangerous and violent.

What we didn't see is the little dog provoke and sink it's teeth into the big dog's 'bits' first and refuse to let go.  So the big dog was forced to react in self defence.  

Which is the most violent dog?  The little one for attacking first, the big one for use of 'excessive force' in response, or a bit of both?

Without all the information, incorrect assumptions can be reached far too easily.

Two, equally accurate, accounts of an event can differ because the individual observers were looking from a different angle so neither had the benefit of all the information.  Also, sometimes they 'fill in the gaps' and get it wrong, and sometimes they leave gaps simply because they don't know they have a gap.

Incomplete information leads to uninformed judgement.“

both my own self quote and the quote from @pandaman are taken from here.

If it ships for Mac in a Timely manner I'll based on the quality of the dev's communication.

The questions does it make a good gift for young people in my life is the only doubt.