[1.8.1, 1.9] [Closed] Endurance Reconfig 1.0 [Jun 6, 2020]

JadeOfMaar

I3NKBhG.png

NOe4F8e.pngMrXM867.jpgomgGKJn.png

Endurance Reconfig

Made for, and requires the Endurance itself, owned by the awesome dev, @JPLRepo

In short it provides a clone of the crew cabin for use with DeepFreeze integration (already given), Kerbal Health and Kerbalism radiation detox; adds engine and RCS plumes (except where unexplained technical issues stop me); rebalances it for use in a modern and larger kerbal universe; and provides integration with the WBI mods made by @Angel-125.

(Also) Requires:

• B9 Part Switch
  • Community Resource Pack

Full feature list:

• Adds a copy of the crew cabin, purposed for integration with DeepFreeze, Kerbal Health and Kerbalism.
  • Adds plumes to nearly all engines and RCS thrusters. (Technical issues beyond my grasp.)
  • Adds stack symmetry (only for 2x symmetry, very handy) to the structural ring.
  • Adds missing built-in antennas and KerbNet modules.
  • Fixes heat limits and heat production to be mostly negligible.
  • Fixes the Viper/Mini-Ranger to:
    • Have some stack nodes (and surface attach) for mounting onto other parts/vessels.
    • Use Kerbal Flying Saucers features if that mod is installed.
  • Makes the engines and RCS use only LiquidFuel and ElectricCharge, and raises their Isp and their Electrical demands to practical high levels. These buffs make Endurance much more fit for use in a large kerbal universe, whether an upscaled one or one with many star systems.
    • Makes use of LqdHydrogen instead of LiquidFuel in CRP (when Rational Resources, CryoEngines or Kerbal Atomics are present).
    • Makes use of Propellium instead of LiquidFuel in WBI Classic Stock.
    • LiquidFuel replacement also applies to fuel cells.
  • Moves some parts further along in the tech tree (when CTT is present) due to their fusion power natures.
  • Replaces the basic, high-powered generator module with convincing fuel cells and Tokamak-alike fusion power sources.
  • Changes ElectricCharge tankage and changes tanks to use B9 Part Switch or WBI OmniStorage.
  • Integrates parts with WBI Pathfinder and Snacks for a very complete gameplay feature set.
    • Changes habitability assessment experiment into 2x WBT experiments that require time and resources and only fully functions at some worlds.
    • Makes crewed parts configurable in-flight.
    • Provides life support mod integration only for WBI Snacks. (There shouldn't be a problem if you use Reconfig but use TAC or USI with it. Reconfig does not try to cancel out or revise prior LS integrations.)

Science

The transformed habitability assessment experiment (when Wild Blue Tools is installed. You shouldn't need WBI Pathfinder or MOLE) becomes a pair of great and very rewarding experiments. Both of these require time, resources, and specific situations unlike how stock experiments work. The orbital version (when it doesn't tell you that the planet or moon sucks) gives a report that highly suggests it's a good idea to land and try the surface experiment on the target planet. The surface experiment will only work some planets, not necessarily all that are praised in the orbital experiment, but when it does work it's extremely rewarding. Be prepared to recover the results, by the way. You'll get next to nothing for transmitting.

The surface experiment uses a whitelisting function available in Wild Blue Tools, and so, is only usable on certain very few celestial bodies. Some planet packs are already supported. Others will be added if demand is seen:

• Galileo's Planet Pack
  • Grannus Expansion Pack
  • JNSQ
  • Outer Planets Mod

Power & Engines

Anything that produces power within Endurance no longer contains the insanely strong, always-on generator. Now, as according to source material, these parts contain a powerful fuel cell (for backup or low power situations) and a a primary fusion power source likened to a Tokamak. The Tokamaks use the core heat function for the spool up effect of ISRU, but does not actually need radiators once they're primed.

All reaction engines no longer use LFO but require LF and lots of EC. Their Isps are much greater now, allowing for decent mileage in a large kerbal universe (whether I've enabled enough waits to be seen. I need you to tell me. I enjoy building it, not so much doing a playthrough with it,) and RCS are as arcjets, also requiring LF and EC so forget about MonoPropellant tanks.

Wild Blue

When Pathfinder and Classic Stock Resources are installed, Endurance will use the WBI module template system. Crewed parts will be able to switch features (as any WBI user knows) and all tanks will use OmniStorage, not B9 fuel switching. Support for Snacks!, Stress!, Air and HydrazineVodka is provided but requires Pathfinder be installed. The Viper gains access to all of the features of Kerbal Flying Saucers when that mod is installed.

Tech Tree

You will find parts have moved to the far right of the CTT due to their involvement with fusion reactors and reentry survival. The Viper is placed in the final tier of the CTT due to its involvement with handwavium.

DOWNLOAD :: GitHub :: SpaceDock

LICENSE : CC-BY-NC-SA

Edited by JadeOfMaar

I don't understand why you did this and not ask to contribute to the main mod. This is now going to potentially create confusion and make me less interested in maintaining the main mod.

@JPLRepo Ah... I'm sorry for any potential confusion. I kept things separate mainly so you don't end up getting burdened with having to do hotfix releases assuming I mess up in places or otherwise find shortcomings such as if the main engines' Isp hasn't truly been buffed enough to take on certain planet packs. And you seemed quite scarce so I thought there might be a very long wait for a response from you. If you wish, I'll convert all this into a PR and send it your way.  It's not my intent to take Endurance from you or otherwise kill it.

• 3 weeks later...

Either this mod is terribly bugged in 1.9.1 or it has serious compatibility issues with other mods.
For example Viper has strange fx of electric "ball" around itself you can't turn on (FX button does nothing). You can't use Atmo VTOL on Ranger as it eats 4k electric charge per second while both generators can produce only 1054 electric charge.
Also I was able to get Graviolium and Propellum only in sandbox mode, as putting it in other modes on VAB, such as career, simply nullifies and sets these resources to 0. Changing WBI mode to CPR or Lite or whatever does nothing as it still requires Propellium for Ranger and Graviollium for Viper. Tested this with Pathfinder and without. Does not seem to matter. I probably missed more stuff.
It is really good mod idea, but it is so broken. 

Hi @Selphadur. The strange electric ball thing with the Viper is "currently" normal behavior. I discussed it with Angel-125, but the behavior has not changed in his mod so I have not changed this behavior here.

I never tried the VTOL controls on the Ranger. I'm surprised that such EC demand is happening so I'll look into it.

Graviolium has a launch-time restriction applied to it. You must bring it home from a mining location or produce it in the WBI refinery under the KSC (look for its appbar button. It kinda looks like the AirPark button). You're forced to launch empty and then buy/withdraw Graviolium from your cache under the KSC. This is a balance mechanism for how capable Graviolium propulsion tech is, and how costly Graviolium itself is. Similar applies to Antimatter if you use Nertea's Far Future Tech.

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hi @Selphadur. The strange electric ball thing with the Viper is "currently" normal behavior. I discussed it with Angel-125, but the behavior has not changed in his mod so I have not changed this behavior here.

I never tried the VTOL controls on the Ranger. I'm surprised that such EC demand is happening so I'll look into it.

Graviolium has a launch-time restriction applied to it. You must bring it home from a mining location or produce it in the WBI refinery under the KSC (look for its appbar button. It kinda looks like the AirPark button). You're forced to launch empty and then buy/withdraw Graviolium from your cache under the KSC. This is a balance mechanism for how capable Graviolium propulsion tech is, and how costly Graviolium itself is. Similar applies to Antimatter if you use Nertea's Far Future Tech.

Thank you for your reply.

Well tried without Pathfinder (I tried with it just to check if it works with it) and I can't use it all the same. Gravollium does not add itself. 
How I supposed to mine or find it without Pathfinder?

Also switching to WBI CRP does not switch to Liquid Fuel when using Pathfinder, it remains using Propellum (Endurance engine for example). Deleting Pathfinder it switches to LqdHydrogen as it should using WBI CRP.

And ATMO (VTOL) engines are useless as I said (Ranger's and Viper's), because I can't even use those due to colossal electric demands (you are supposed to use them taking off and landing before switching to main). So I can't even lift off from the pad. And by the RCS also are dead for some reason. Tried putting Compressed Air and Monoprop into tanks, but RCS still does not work. Although I am not sure is it this mod or maybe "AECS Motion Suppressor" mod is not letting me to use RCS in atmosphere.

I really love the idea as it was difficult to use Viper and Ranger with Kerbalism before, due to radiation, food demand and etc, not having additional attachment nodes and etc.

EDIT: Can confirm that RCS does not work only with parts of this mod (Ranger, Viper). So it is not because of "AECS Motion Suppressor" mod.

Also just noticed that ATMO (VTOL) engine demands more than 106k/s electric charge! :0.0:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gQOTdbRsSAFh7UtqWkZJf41hWs-yyg8E/view?usp=sharing

Here is Player log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lj_tI-APcExC7J3tC29Kp6kwOSfwjzn0/view?usp=sharing

Here is MMPatch log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y2WnUgQ8-wNFrzzHv3j6aWB7X1mIk70r/view?usp=sharing

Here is ModuleManager log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1McKEBh5CBS2YV9sYLmAFkkbfhV-AGNTT/view?usp=sharing

If that helps.

P.S. Also there is no violet ball of lightning around Viper in original mod, it seams that it is only with this mod. And you can't turn off that effect, which looks annoying actually. Also there seems to be some part inside Viper, which clips through upper part of model a bit where windows are. What is this part? There is no such part in the original. 
I will post picture of lightning and that part later.

EDIT 2
Here is object I was talking about:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w4fjli49ifLyWRea4MAcerHdFFH1bCAT/view?usp=sharing

And here is lightning effect I was talking about, which is not present in original mod and which you can't turn off:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SUNTzzZXsQlxiJ8PCHZbPB5UrQrCuf8P/view?usp=sharing

EDIT 3: Found a way to have Propellum with OSE Workshop mod and also Pathfinder. Would be nice to have fuel tanks to hold propellum, not simple storage parts (which are like 2-3 so far at almost last tech level). Also I did not find a way to reduce Ranger's 106k/s of electric charge requirement yet.

Edited by Selphadur

@Selphadur ...

15 hours ago, Selphadur said:

Well tried without Pathfinder (I tried with it just to check if it works with it) and I can't use it all the same. Gravollium does not add itself. 

Also switching to WBI CRP does not switch to Liquid Fuel when using Pathfinder, it remains using Propellum (Endurance engine for example). Deleting Pathfinder it switches to LqdHydrogen as it should using WBI CRP.

The fuel that Endurance's engines and RCS use is not dependent on whether Pathfinder is installed. It depends on, in order of priority:

• If you have the WBI Play Mode set to Classic Stock: Use Propellium.
  • If Cryogenic Engines, Kerbal Atomics or Rational Resources are installed and Classic Stock is not active: Use LqdHydrogen.
  • Otherwise use LiquidFuel.

The Graviolium features activate simply if you have Kerbal Flying Saucers installed.

16 hours ago, Selphadur said:

EDIT 2
Here is object I was talking about:

That is an object that I created with several specific, necessary transforms required by the Graviolium features. I swear I never noticed that when I tested it. That will be fixed.

And here is lightning effect I was talking about, which is not present in original mod and which you can't turn off:

I'll might end up disabling that rather than trying to fix it. At this time I'm not inclined to try to fix it. It might change on the weekend.

EDIT 3: Found a way to have Propellum with OSE Workshop mod and also Pathfinder. Would be nice to have fuel tanks to hold propellum, not simple storage parts (which are like 2-3 so far at almost last tech level). Also I did not find a way to reduce Ranger's 106k/s of electric charge requirement yet.

The OmniStorage tank feature (look for Reconfigure Storage button in the PAW (part action window, right-click window)) currently only presents itself when Classic Stock is active and would be available in parallel with the requirement of Propellium. How you put yourself in the position that the engines still require Propellium but the tanks don't provide OmniStorage is a mystery to me.

I haven't been able to play-test yet and confirm the huge EC demand. I should be able to check that tomorrow.

EDIT: Can confirm that RCS does not work only with parts of this mod (Ranger, Viper).

Endurance Reconfig causes the RCS to be 25% as strong at Kerbin sea level and to become useless near 2 atm of pressure. I suppose they're still usable but not by much (on purpose). Sadly, I don't know what to do to diagnose that and you have too many mods to install so I won't try to reproduce your install. It's up to you to copy your install and pick it apart (remove mods) to isolate the source of conflict there.

8 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:
On 6/30/2020 at 1:15 PM, Selphadur said:

The fuel that Endurance's engines and RCS use is not dependent on whether Pathfinder is installed. It depends on, in order of priority:

• If you have the WBI Play Mode set to Classic Stock: Use Propellium.
  • If Cryogenic Engines, Kerbal Atomics or Rational Resources are installed and Classic Stock is not active: Use LqdHydrogen.
  • Otherwise use LiquidFuel.

I have Pathfinder, Cryo Engines and Kerbal Atomics installed. No matter what I select in WBI it still uses Propellium. So I stick to WBI Classic Stock.

The OmniStorage tank feature (look for Reconfigure Storage button in the PAW (part action window, right-click window)) currently only presents itself when Classic Stock is active and would be available in parallel with the requirement of Propellium. How you put yourself in the position that the engines still require Propellium but the tanks don't provide OmniStorage is a mystery to me.

OmniStorage works only for OSE and Pathfinder storage for some reason. I can't use it for any of the fuel tanks, like LOX tanks and etc. Don't know if I should be able to. Reconfigure Storage button is only available on few storages of OSE and Pathfinder and on Ranger/Viper and other Endurance stuff. I finally figured out how to put Propellum, but it is far from ideal, because I can't put it into huge fuel tanks.

Electric charge on Ranger is still weird (106k/s) no matter what. Can't use VTOL/Atmo engines whatsoever. Can't find how to fix it.

EDIT: Can confirm that RCS does not work only with parts of this mod (Ranger, Viper).

Endurance Reconfig causes the RCS to be 25% as strong at Kerbin sea level and to become useless near 2 atm of pressure. I suppose they're still usable but not by much (on purpose). Sadly, I don't know what to do to diagnose that and you have too many mods to install so I won't try to reproduce your install. It's up to you to copy your install and pick it apart (remove mods) to isolate the source of conflict there.

I figured out that Viper needs Gravity Waves to generate Virtual Mass for RCS (should it not be Liquid Fuel or Propellium like you said?). For Ranger I still can't figure out what it wants for RCS.  

On 6/30/2020 at 10:42 PM, JadeOfMaar said:

The Graviolium features activate simply if you have Kerbal Flying Saucers installed.

When I said this: RCS is among the Graviolium features. Gravitic RCS is preferred as imbalanced thrusters and thrust torque completely cease to be a thing.

17 hours ago, Selphadur said:

OmniStorage works only for OSE and Pathfinder storage for some reason. I can't use it for any of the fuel tanks, like LOX tanks and etc. Don't know if I should be able to. Reconfigure Storage button is only available on few storages of OSE and Pathfinder and on Ranger/Viper and other Endurance stuff. I finally figured out how to put Propellum, but it is far from ideal, because I can't put it into huge fuel tanks.

That's how it is. There is no config to apply OmniStorage to the stock tanks. (WBI tank modules don't agree with Tweakscale so I never made a config.)

Save the following in the spoiler into a .cfg file in GameData. This installs Propellium options into CryoTanks and CryoEngines if Classic Stock is active.

Spoiler

// Propellium for CryoTanks and CryoEngines
B9_TANK_TYPE:NEEDS[ClassicStock]
{
	name = CTPropellium
	tankMass = 0.00010627500
	tankCost = 0.15
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Propellium
		unitsPerVolume = 2.7
	}
}
{
	name = CTPropLox
	tankMass = 0.000278904
	tankCost = 0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Propellium
		unitsPerVolume = 1.35
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		unitsPerVolume = 0.45
	}
}

// Tanks
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,ClassicStock]:AFTER[zzz_CryoTanks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCryoTank]
	{
		BOILOFFCONFIG
		{
			FuelName = Propellium
			BoiloffRate = 0.01
			CoolingCost = 0.1
		}
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = PropLox
			tankType = CTPropLox
			title = PropLox
			primaryColor = ResourceColorLqdHydrogen
			secondaryColor = ResourceColorOxidizer
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Propellium
			tankType = CTPropellium
			title = Propellium
			secondaryColor = ResourceColorLqdHydrogen
		}
	}
}

// Engines
@PART[cryoengine-*]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,ClassicStock]:AFTER[CryoEngines]
{
	@description ^= :$: <br><color="green">This part can change its fuel mix.</color>
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = Propellant
		switcherDescription = Fuel Mix
		switcherDescriptionPlural = Fuel Mixes
		switchInFlight = True
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Hydrolox
			title = Hydrolox
			defaultSubtypePriority = 1
			descriptionSummary = LqdHydrogen + Oxidizer
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleEnginesFX
				}
				DATA
				{
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = LqdHydrogen
						ratio = 1.5
						DrawGauge = True
					}
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = Oxidizer
						ratio = 0.1
						DrawGauge = True
					}
				}
			}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = PropLox
			title = PropLox
			defaultSubtypePriority = 2
			descriptionSummary = Propellium + Oxidizer
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleEnginesFX
				}
				DATA
				{
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = Propellium
						ratio = 3
						DrawGauge = True
					}
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = Oxidizer
						ratio = 1
						DrawGauge = True
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

17 hours ago, Selphadur said:

For Ranger I still can't figure out what it wants for RCS.  

Right-click the part in the catalogue and scroll down the right side of the info window until you see "RCSFX" in green. RCS propellants are there.

Perhaps the cause of your VTOL problem is that the VTOL engines don't have a config to respond to WBI's VTOL plugin. I didn't think of that. Save this into a config anywhere in GameData. I feel like something's missing (maybe in my install) as it didn't work for me, but normally this is all that's needed.

// Kerbal Actuators = = = = = =

@PART[ENlanderVTOL|ENrangerBody]:NEEDS[KerbalActuators]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIHoverController
		guiVisible = false
		verticalSpeedIncrements = 1.0
	}
}

Edited by JadeOfMaar
edited spoilered config

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:
15 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

When I said this: RCS is among the Graviolium features. Gravitic RCS is preferred as imbalanced thrusters and thrust torque completely cease to be a thing.

I get it. Even though I did not test it on Viper yet (did not get the chance to get Gravollium yet), it would kinda make sense (but for me honestly I would prefer Monoprop for any RCS).

Save the following in the spoiler into a .cfg file in GameData. This installs Propellium options into CryoTanks and CryoEngines if Classic Stock is active.

Hide contents

// Propellium for CryoTanks and CryoEngines
{
	name = CTPropellium
	tankMass = 0.00010627500
	tankCost = 0.15
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Propellium
		unitsPerVolume = 2.7
	}
}
{
	name = CTPropLox
	tankMass = 0.000278904
	tankCost = 0
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Propellium
		unitsPerVolume = 1.35
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		unitsPerVolume = 0.45
	}
}

// Tanks
@PART:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,ClassicStock]:AFTER[zzz_CryoTanks]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleCryoTank]
	{
		BOILOFFCONFIG
		{
			FuelName = Propellium
			BoiloffRate = 0.1
			CoolingCost = 0.1
		}
	}
	@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]:HAS[#moduleID[fuelSwitch]]
	{
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = PropLox
			tankType = CTPropLox
			title = PropLox
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Propellium
			tankType = CTPropellium
			title = Propellium
			secondaryColor = ResourceColorLqdHydrogen
		}
	}
}

// Engines
@PART[cryoengine-*]:NEEDS[B9PartSwitch,ClassicStock]:AFTER[CryoEngines]
{
	@description ^= :$: <br><color="green">This part can change its fuel mix.</color>
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
		moduleID = Propellant
		switcherDescription = Fuel Mix
		switcherDescriptionPlural = Fuel Mixes
		switchInFlight = True
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = Hydrolox
			title = Hydrolox
			defaultSubtypePriority = 1
			descriptionSummary = LqdHydrogen + Oxidizer
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleEnginesFX
				}
				DATA
				{
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = LqdHydrogen
						ratio = 1.5
						DrawGauge = True
					}
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = Oxidizer
						ratio = 0.1
						DrawGauge = True
					}
				}
			}
		}
		SUBTYPE
		{
			name = PropLox
			title = PropLox
			defaultSubtypePriority = 2
			descriptionSummary = Propellium + Oxidizer
			MODULE
			{
				IDENTIFIER
				{
					name = ModuleEnginesFX
				}
				DATA
				{
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = Propellium
						ratio = 3
						DrawGauge = True
					}
					PROPELLANT
					{
						name = Oxidizer
						ratio = 1
						DrawGauge = True
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
}

This added Propellium for most modded fuel tanks nicely (which use B9PartSwitch I believe)! :D It would be actually a great idea to add it to main mod download.

6 hours ago, Selphadur said:

For Ranger I still can't figure out what it wants for RCS.  

Right-click the part in the catalogue and scroll down the right side of the info window until you see "RCSFX" in green. RCS propellants are there.

Found it. It uses more than 5 Propellium per second, which is way way too much as it also uses Propellium for main propulsion. And you can have max of 2000 if you reconfigure storage deleting every other resource and leaving only Propellium. You can barely get into orbit with so little, and if you use RCS you can't at all. Not to mention you have to throw away Oxygen, Electric charge and etc. This could be deadly with Kerbalism. And you have only ~180 Propellium if you just leave all the necessities and add Propellium. With that much you can barely lift off 1-2 km. One Cooper engine uses 3.5 Propellium per second. That's 7 per second + RCS 5 per second. That's 12 Propellium per second plus around 1.2k electric charge. That's 15 seconds of burn and 180 of Propellium is gone (a bit more if you turn off RCS). How do you actually use Ranger at all? Either something went wrong while patching or I don't know, but this way neither Lander, nor Ranger is viable at all as you can't even reach 10km in atmosphere. I get that Lander is supposed to "land", but Ranger?

Perhaps the cause of your VTOL problem is that the VTOL engines don't have a config to respond to WBI's VTOL plugin. I didn't think of that. Save this into a config anywhere in GameData. I feel like something's missing (maybe in my install) as it didn't work for me, but normally this is all that's needed.

// Kerbal Actuators = = = = = =

@PART[ENlanderVTOL|ENrangerBody]:NEEDS[KerbalActuators]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = WBIHoverController
		guiVisible = false
		verticalSpeedIncrements = 1.0
	}
}

Did not fix 106k/s of EC usage of ATMO(VTOL) engine (engine built into Ranger, not Cooper that you attach). I think it may be somewhere in the engine cfg a typo or something with ratios/multipliers. But I don't really know where to look at and what values are ok.

Also I noticed Habitat pressure is leaking in Lander, Ranger and Viper when using Kerbalism. Shows pressurizing 0.00% and when you spawn on launch pad all Nitrogen is gone :/

Final thought would be maybe it would be a good idea to leave "stock" values/ratios for fuel, engine power, ISP and etc. and leave all other improvements and implementations? I mean now spacecraft is kind of unusable while original mod had very usable values. Don't get me wrong, your improvements are really great it's just I don't see any practical use for these engines/spacecraft. Well maybe Endurance engine is ok. But other ones, I don't know, either something is wrong with patches/mod compatibility or ratios are wrong. I can use original mod without problems.
Oh, and adding little integration into Kerbalism engine ignitions would be nice! Now I believe they have like 1 ignition, apart Endurance engine, which has 23 I believe.

Edited by Selphadur

@Selphadur You know, with all your Kerbalism problems... I think Kerbalism is the source of them, with how much it changes the way things work, including EC balance. My testing of things excluded Kerbalism (I'm not saying the mod is bad. It's epic...but I largely don't use it) and was thorough enough that I absolutely won't let such horrible EC problems slip through.

38 minutes ago, Selphadur said:

Final thought would be maybe it would be a good idea to leave "stock" values/ratios for fuel, engine power, ISP and etc. and leave all other improvements and implementations? I mean now spacecraft is kind of unusable while original mod had very usable values. Don't get me wrong, your improvements are really great it's just I don't see any practical use for these engines/spacecraft.

The Ranger, Lander and Viper should be more than able to SSTO on stock scale with their optimal tank configurations (and the Lander with a payload limit of 15 tons, maybe a little more) but it seems that Kerbalism not only makes EC costly but nerfs the tankage somehow. But just as well, my tank configs may, by whatever chance, need another inspection... Endurance itself is not meant to operate in atmosphere. I've seen someone land the main ship on Laythe and that really irks me.

The reason(s) why I change the parts to use LH2 are:

• I rather dislike that many things run on the abstract stock LiquidFuel which typically equates to Kersone or other heavy hydrocarbon fuels. It gives me a very sour taste with respect to putting a fuel to a far future kind of engine. This is surely why CryoEngines, by nature, don't run on LiquidFuel. Related: that sour taste is doubled by the idea of having hyper-efficient main engines but also having the RCS run on heavy and super inefficient resources (MonoPropellant) which would subtract a lot from dV. In a realistic universe, the people who design a deep space ship wouldn't want to avoid that.
  • To provide for refueling the Endurance while it's orbiting a gas giant or star. H2, LH2 or Propellium (depending on the mods involved in your star system) will be in abundance and you have the opportunity to install an exo-scoop on the ship and gather up LH2 or Propellium fuel directly from space and you won't need to worry about somehow bringing along a tanker or ISRU outpost.
1 hour ago, Selphadur said:

Oh, and adding little integration into Kerbalism engine ignitions would be nice! Now I believe they have like 1 ignition, apart Endurance engine, which has 23 I believe.

I'm already aware of this one (I've seen a report of it in the Endurance thread) and I've already started investigating. For this mod I honestly don't want a finite ignition number on its engines. They're not the kind(s) of engine where ignition limits make sense.

2 hours ago, Selphadur said:

This added Propellium for most modded fuel tanks nicely (which use B9PartSwitch I believe)! :D It would be actually a great idea to add it to main mod download.

I'm glad this satisfies you. :) It'll take me a while to decide where to publish this but it won't be in Endurance Reconfig.

@Selphadur You know, with all your Kerbalism problems... I think Kerbalism is the source of them, with how much it changes the way things work, including EC balance. My testing of things excluded Kerbalism (I'm not saying the mod is bad. It's epic...but I largely don't use it) and was thorough enough that I absolutely won't let such horrible EC problems slip through.

Hmm, probably you are right and Kerbalism indeed messes things up. Also what mod is responsible for "Reconfigure Storage" button? At first I thought it was WBI OmniStorage, but then I noticed that UI is different. And I did not notice this UI before, only after installing this mod. It was giving 3k liters of total storage for Viper and 10k liters of total storage for Ranger for all stuff to put in (Fuel, Oxygen, Electric charge and etc), which is really not much. Here is the pic:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jczkg_k3zEMvFvjzUSrdxQAoaKPXYsWh/view?usp=sharing

I only get it on Endurance stuff. Oh and probably with OSE-Workshop stuff. Will check out without it.
EDIT: Well even without OSE-Workshop or Pathfinder this storage button is present with same UI and nothing changes.

The Ranger, Lander and Viper should be more than able to SSTO on stock scale with their optimal tank configurations (and the Lander with a payload limit of 15 tons, maybe a little more) but it seems that Kerbalism not only makes EC costly but nerfs the tankage somehow. But just as well, my tank configs may, by whatever chance, need another inspection... Endurance itself is not meant to operate in atmosphere. I've seen someone land the main ship on Laythe and that really irks me.

The reason(s) why I change the parts to use LH2 are:

• I rather dislike that many things run on the abstract stock LiquidFuel which typically equates to Kersone or other heavy hydrocarbon fuels. It gives me a very sour taste with respect to putting a fuel to a far future kind of engine. This is surely why CryoEngines, by nature, don't run on LiquidFuel. Related: that sour taste is doubled by the idea of having hyper-efficient main engines but also having the RCS run on heavy and super inefficient resources (MonoPropellant) which would subtract a lot from dV. In a realistic universe, the people who design a deep space ship wouldn't want to avoid that.
  • To provide for refueling the Endurance while it's orbiting a gas giant or star. H2, LH2 or Propellium (depending on the mods involved in your star system) will be in abundance and you have the opportunity to install an exo-scoop on the ship and gather up LH2 or Propellium fuel directly from space and you won't need to worry about somehow bringing along a tanker or ISRU outpost.

Well then there is something really wrong as I can't even leave atmosphere with Lander, Ranger, Viper. With Endurance engine I can strap couple of Propellium storages and I'm in space :/ I really like Kerbalism and I even forgot how it plays without it, but if it is really causing all of this it really sucks.

5 hours ago, Selphadur said:

I'm already aware of this one (I've seen a report of it in the Endurance thread) and I've already started investigating. For this mod I honestly don't want a finite ignition number on its engines. They're not the kind(s) of engine where ignition limits make sense.

I think it is somehow linked to how engine is rated (in part config or something like that). Like Endurance engine is rated as Vac engine so Kerbalism automatically gives several ignitions without dedicated patch cfg, and Ranger/Viper engines are configured as first stage/atmo so Kerbalism automatically gives 1 ignition.

5 hours ago, Selphadur said:

I'm glad this satisfies you. :) It'll take me a while to decide where to publish this but it won't be in Endurance Reconfig.

Would be great to have a link in this mod when you release. It would be great for users when they download this reconfig if they decide to go Propellium to also download additional cfg for that :)

A huge thank you for your time and support of this mod!:D

P.S. Regarding EC/s problem I have not seen any problem on any other part except Ranger with Kerbalism installed. So maybe Kerbalism is only screwing Ranger's EC/s for some reason, and messes with storage maybe. 

Edited by Selphadur

On 7/1/2020 at 6:07 PM, Selphadur said:

P.S. Regarding EC/s problem I have not seen any problem on any other part except Ranger

Well now I feel pretty guilty. I've finally gotten around to in-game testing and I met this problem. I can't fathom how this slipped by but I do know the primitive calculations I used aren't reliable. This will be fixed. I've also fully grasped the OmniStorage issue and informed Angel-125 accordingly.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Well now I feel pretty guilty. I've finally gotten around to in-game testing and I met this problem. I can't fathom how this slipped by but I do know the primitive calculations I used aren't reliable. This will be fixed. I've also fully grasped the OmniStorage issue and informed Angel-125 accordingly.

Good to hear that it will be fixed! Thank you! :D

• 1 month later...

This little mod of mine has reached end of life. It is now fully integrated into the Endurance mod with its release v1.12 for KSP 1.10.

Changelog:

• Added B9 tank support for the major LS mods (USI, TAC, Snacks, Kerbalism).
  • Added MB-30 Experiment Cluster box part.
  • Added Infirmary module part for Endurance ring with DeepFreeze support.
  • Added improved feature support for these LS mods.
    • Kerbalism:
      • Added comforts.
      • Raised science storage capacities.
      • Raised ignition count and operation time on all engines. By a lot.
    • USI:
      • Added MedBay option to the Infirmary part. May need proof-reading.
    • WBI:
      • 2 low-output OmniConverter slots in Logistics module when WildBlueTools installed.
      • Pathfinder templates.
      • Air! and Stress! modules for Snacks! LS.
  • Added probe control point and extreme range, low-bandwith antenna to command module.
  • Fixed prior patches: USI LS, KIS.
  • Fixed other parts being in less appropriate categories.
    • Fixed docking ports not being in Coupling category, not having a manufacturer key, but also 2 of them actually being non-functional Structural category items (mount points) but saying that they're docking ports.
    • Moved MB-25 Freight Box to Payload category.
  • Hid deployable flag part. It's been broken and unplayable forever.
  • Integrated Endurance Reconfig.