Focus camera on part?

i recently started playing again and I really can swear I remember there was a "focus on part" function. I can't find it anymore and it's making any kind of land docking with robotic parts a real pain.

In short I simply need the camera to focus on one part of a ship, usually a docking port. Or any way I could focus the camera freely around a ship, I'm all ears!

Edited by ZootinZack

18 minutes ago, ZootinZack said:

i recently started playing again and I really can swear I remember there was a "focus on part" function.

It is still there. To Access it you need to access the Part Action Window (PAW) of the part by right-clicking on the part. In that window there is an option to "Aim Camera" to this part. E.g. here:
s4E9PHj.png

3 minutes ago, bewing said:

You may need to turn on the "Enable Advanced Tweakables" in the Settings in order to have that option in the menu.

Oh *bleep*! Yes, that could be. Why aren't they on by default? Or at least switch on as soon as you register for a Forum account?:cool:

P.S. And while you are at it: also switch on the "Extended Burn Indicator".

6 hours ago, AHHans said:

Oh *bleep*! Yes, that could be. Why aren't they on by default? Or at least switch on as soon as you register for a Forum account?:cool:

P.S. And while you are at it: also switch on the "Extended Burn Indicator".

Aaaaah mf thanks a lot this might be it. I was really raging!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.