Destroy the KSC Challenge

As above. The rules are simple: you must destroy as many of the KSC buildings as possible with a single stock vehicle. It can be a rocket, a plane, a rover, etc. Your vessel can drop bombs, break into pieces, or whatever it takes to cause as much chaos as possible in the shortest possible time. I'll make badges for the winners of the challenge.

Here are the different levels:

Class 1: Destroy three Space Center buildings with a single vessel. 

Class 2: Destroy five Space Center buildings with a single vessel.

Class 2.5: Destroy seven or more Space Center buildings with a single vessel.

Class 3: Destroy every Space Center building with a single vessel.

Class π: Destroy every single building, water tower, flagpole, gas tank, command pod memorial, etc. with a single vessel.

Class ???: Destroy at least three buildings using a projectile dropped from orbit.

Good luck!

18 hours ago, Pds314 said:

We might want to make separate categories for 1.8 and above, as the math changed and the Space Center went from ridiculously fragile to ridiculously durable.

Yeah I have been dropping ore tanks on it with increasing weight and it's shocking how durable it is.

3 hours ago, sevenperforce said:

Yeah I have been dropping ore tanks on it with increasing weight and it's shocking how durable it is.

This is why I ended up shooting full kickbacks at them... it’s silly how much it takes even if you turn the setting down. 

With damage kicked up all the way, two large ore tanks hitting the VAB above 289 m/s will destroy it.

Trying to see if lower mass and higher velocity will do it too.

EDIT: A single large ore tank will destroy the VAB at 417 m/s but not at 414 m/s so that's probably about our cutoff.

Terminal velocity of a large unshielded ore tank is about 310 m/s.

EDIT II: A single large ore tank with fairings on the nose and tail impacts at well in excess of 900 m/s when dropped from orbit.

Edited by sevenperforce

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.