Heracles Space Program -- JNSQ -- Journeying  Through The Stars

moguy16

Heracles Space Program

WHdfVk1.png

Hey y'all! 

i need some motivation, so i made this post to help detail my new save instead of dong whatever, this program is intended to be the first duna landing in JNSQ, but first we'll start with the Mun, with a station and a long term stay, then we can move onto phase 2: exploration of duna and the outer system

Question should i use some life support mods? 

I have some experience with kerbalisim, but i kind of want to try out snacks!

which do you prefer?

Edited by moguy16

Chapter 1:

some lore for those who want it:

it's november 2023, it's been more then 60 years since the last kerbal set foot on the mun, and the president demanded change.  and so 4 years ago, the Heracles program passed congress and the plan was to use a single capsule for the mun, and any other destination that may come up. this capsule was named the Arcturu, which the LKO varient would be flown within the end of the year 2021, and the lunar by 2023, and yet clearly they were behind schedule, nevermind. 

the Arcturu Block 1was about to launch on it's first orbital flight, a high orbital unmanned test of the capsule.

WHdfVk1.png

-- Arcturu 1A sitting on top of the Libra 1 rocket

jOP1SBm.png

qjak4qG.pngrioyXqU.png

booster sep

ntJJQBc.pngt

the second stage of the Libra 1 is intended to also be capable of serving as a kick stage on future long range missions

iMUdn0W.png

0tuaS6r.png

the Arcturu fired it's engine for 1 minute and 49 seconds to place it into a 5,000,000 by 300,000 km orbit, the reason for the eccentric orbit is to simulate a mun return as on the later missions.

EoFb0t5.png

mf4C7iL.png

W914Wfq.png

the parachutes malfunctioned on landing

Spoiler

not really i just forgot to add them

any feedback is apreciated!  

2 months later, the Munar rocket Artemis, is standing on the launchpad, ready for a test launch, as stated it will launch the upper stage of a Libra rocket, Libra IIA and the Arcturo capsule into LKO after which the Libra IIA would complete the Trans-munar injection burn.  today however,  the rocket was only equipped with a dummy Libra IIA and a boiler plate of the capsule. 

zoTSTzo.png

DOHfYkU.pngjMA37gj.png7I2fw0B.pngIcNY5JB.png

dummy payload released, the Artemis has proved it's viability as Munar rocket.

the first launch will be the core module of the Liberity Munar station

Edited by moguy16

Awesome shots so far!

On 6/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, moguy16 said:

Question should i use some life support mods? 

I just started using kerbalism in a JNSQ playthrough recently and I have been enjoying the added complexities. I screwed up some calcs for a crewed mun mission and has to cut the mission shorter than planned, but was able to get everyone back without any fatalities.

I'd say go for it. maybe even KIS/KAS for in situ repairs.

20 minutes ago, cxg2827 said:

Awesome shots so far!

I just started using kerbalism in a JNSQ playthrough recently and I have been enjoying the added complexities. I screwed up some calcs for a crewed mun mission and has to cut the mission shorter than planned, but was able to get everyone back without any fatalities.

I'd say go for it. maybe even KIS/KAS for in situ repairs.

i have KIS/KAS, and i do have some experiance with kerbalisim, ultimatly ended up going with snacks cause i like the freedom in this playthrough

3 months later, the core module of the Liberty station stands on the launchpad, sitting atop it's very own Artemis rocket,

J3LJnYY.pngxItlaH8.pngmQHZXuQ.pngO6OKhXi.png

booster sep

F8biNrp.pngdZdGfs7.pngJ3TIj4L.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.