How do i stabilize unbalanced ship?

FquwhVn.pngyLxR7eB.pngHvzwXcd.pngfsnYBtq.png1v9pLki.pngj2KceeW.pngljqhc4c.png7w928Ul.png

So i made this ship from stock without mods. And the problems i have is

1. The landing legs freaks out when i spawn this vessel. (I tried tweaking the Damper and spring strength but it just didn't work). They flip my vessel every time.

2. When i turn the tail rotor on the vessel becomes uncontrollable.

3. Even tho i turned on every part of this vessel with autostrut it wobbles a lot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2z5yg8xzg3femm/BB1.craft?dl=0  here is the link to my craft. I have it mapped from custom action group 1 to 5.

How can i improve the stability of this vessel without compromising the look of it?

It may seem like i don't have enough TWR, but i have enough power to life off. This ones problem was with the tail rotor i think.

Edited by One eyed Smile
added a video link

How do i stabilize unbalanced ship?

You don't!?

The video looks to me as if the craft is as stable in the air as I expect it to be. You do need more thrust to get into the air though: your craft only "hopped", the engines didn't have enough thrust to get it into the air on their own, but a small impulse from the landing legs hitting the ground got it to bounce quite a bit into the air.

Hovering on engine thrust is notoriously unstable, the one reasonably "easy" way to do this is to control it from a control point that looks up (e.g. a probe core that looks up) and then use SAS in surface "radial out" mode, that will tell SAS to (try to) keep your craft stable.

20 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

When i turn the tail rotor on the vessel becomes uncontrollable.

Yupp. What else is the tail rotor supposed to do?

Seriously: rotors in KSP have relatively high torque, so they'll try to rotate your craft around the rotation axis of the rotor. In addition the direction of thrust of the tail rotor doesn't make sense to me. What do you want it to do that isn't better done by the reaction wheels?

20 hours ago, One eyed Smile said:

The landing legs freaks out when i spawn this vessel. (I tried tweaking the Damper and spring strength but it just didn't work). They flip my vessel every time.

Try setting all the hinges to "locked" before you have the landing legs touch the ground, only move the hinges when you are in the air and make sure that they are all locked again before you touch the ground. (Sometimes setting locked doesn't hold on the first try and you need a few tries.) There are two reasons for that: one is the inherent weakness of the robotic parts and the other that with landing legs directly attached to non-locked hinges means that the mandatory autostruts of the legs more or less go to themselves, which is kraken-bait.

Edited by AHHans

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.