Parts near runway are deleted

I have this annoying problem that I can't figure out how to get rid of.  I'm trying to stockpile a bunch of rocket parts next to the runway, but whenever I launch some and go back to the space center, they are automatically deleted/recovered.

They were about 20 meters or so from the edge of the runway, so I don't think it's the same thing that automatically gets rid of launch clamps.  I also have two manned rovers in the same area, and they haven't been deleted.  Do I need some sort of command pod or something?  I tried reclassifying an engine from debris to probe, but it still got deleted.  What is going on, and how do I fix it?

18 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

They were about 20 meters or so from the edge of the runway, so I don't think it's the same thing that automatically gets rid of launch clamps.

Don't quote me on that but I think it may be. Have you tried to leave it further away the runaway? 

2 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

Have you tried to leave it further away the runaway?

Interesting.  I drug a tank out 250 meters away, and it wasn't deleted.

So I went into settings and disabled Tidy Up KSC Debris, which I'm pretty sure is the thing that deletes launch clamps, and hey!  It worked!  My stockpiles are no longer being robbed!

6 minutes ago, RoninFrog said:

Interesting.  I drug a tank out 250 meters away, and it wasn't deleted.

So I went into settings and disabled Tidy Up KSC Debris, which I'm pretty sure is the thing that deletes launch clamps, and hey!  It worked!  My stockpiles are no longer being robbed!

Nice. You just find the option that didn't occurred to me to look for when my stockpiles get robbed. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.