KSP Loading... Preview: New ESA Parts

St4rdust

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

Yes, but in this case these parts are meant to be used as direct replicas. In this case, the Skipper looks more like the Vulcain 2 (the engine used on Ariane 5) than the Mainsail (which looks more like the Vulcain 2.1).

saf2017_0222005_cover_500x250.jpg

skipper.jpg

ah yes but not direct replicas. Plus the Skipper sucks for atmospheric flight imo. Direct replicas are something they’ve never done with the exception of the MTM stage and the MEM. Which brings me back:

14 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

Kerbals are not humans

Plus... I use ReStock ;)

8 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

ah yes but not direct replicas. Plus the Skipper sucks for atmospheric flight imo. Direct replicas are something they’ve never done with the exception of the MTM stage and the MEM. Which brings me back:

The Skipper isn't that bad for atmospheric flight, its Isp is only 5 seconds less than the Mainsail at sea level. It's also lower thrust, which is more realistic for the Ariane 5, as IIRC the core stage of the Ariane 5 can't lift off without its boosters. It may not be a direct replica of the Vulcain 2, but it'll work.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

The Skipper isn't that bad for atmospheric flight, its Isp is only 5 seconds less than the Mainsail at sea level. It's also lower thrust, which is more realistic for the Ariane 5, as IIRC the core stage of the Ariane 5 can't lift off without its boosters. It may not be a direct replica of the Vulcain 2, but it'll work.

meeeeehhhh, idc.

I do like the fact we finally get flags that can be applied everywhere.  Hopefully we get the bug patched where the flags dont get shadows applied making them full brightness even when occluded by something else to the sun.

Assuming it is like the robot parts, i can defenetely see a use for the extending piston thing, 6m sounds like a good distance for hangar doors on carriers...

Also, some not round parts, not really sure if they will be very useful for my capital ships, but hey, anything that breaks up the monotomy of cylinder everything (and doesnt rquire elaborate custom shapes made up of 20+ structural panels/wings) is welcome in my book...

• 3 weeks later...

Just played the ESA mission with the MMO, took ages to get the transfers done, but got stuck on the magnetometer testing. I realised the magnetometers were replaced with the ones used in Extra Planetary Launch Pads, went into Game files to delete the modded part. Luckily the Quick save still opened with no corruption and part restored (I didn't know what it was meant to look like, and the modded part did look the part too...) Hopefully anyone else with the problem will see this and simply delete the modded part.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/11/2020 at 11:42 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

Do you not like foil, If you don't just remember you added a foil variant to a nuclear super soaker

Nertea's comment isn't about the presence of foil, rather the inconsistent visual style it has across all of Squad's parts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.