refueling without docking

Is it possible to move fuel from two landed ship without docking?

I'm considering landing some tank probe on a site and use its fuel for another ship. I see there are small tanks (still not available from my research level) and I wonder if they are suitable to deliver fuel. Still I don't understand how to move fuel without docking.

Alternatively I should dock landed vessels but depending on their shape can be pretty difficult (or also impossible)

You always have the claw, its tend to be easier than docking as you only need to get an clean contact. 

You also have KAS https://spacedock.info/mod/1987/Kerbal Attachment System (KAS)

It let you get two ships 30 meter distance, eva and grab an hose, then move kerbal to an connector on other ship. 30 meter is max hose length. 
An enginer with an tool can even add an connector or parts so you can get fuel or other resources. 
It works even better for ground bases. Hint don't put the base models on landing legs, just use grinders as landing legs will contract then mining and some modules get heavier than others and then you time warp the base will jump on an low gravity world. 

Edited by magnemoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.