Probably Stupid Deployable Science Question

So, I have Science generating experiments deployed on the ground at KSC, on the Mun and Minmus, and excepting the seismometer at KSC (just need to send a few more rockets screaming into the ground a few km west of KSC...), all of them have been at 100% complete for a while.  About 60 in game days in fact.  But none of them have transmitted 100% other than the seismometers on the Mun and Minmus (disposing of heavy ascent stages during Munar/Minmur(?) descent is FUN!).

I noticed this and sent Bob in a rover to poke at the things at KSC, and found that the Go-ob ED Monitor and the PD-3 Weather Analyzer were disabled although both had completed their experiments 100%.  I assumed that this must have happened when I had Bill replace the solar panels with Mini-Nuk-PD units to get continuous power coverage...  but no.  When Bob turned the experiments back on by hand, they had turned themselves off again the next time I checked the things.

So is there any way to get the last couple drips of science to transmit, or do I have to pick the things up and haul them home?

EDIT: Recovering the modules near KSC through the space center map doesn't give you the missing science either.

Edited by Duke Leto

Don’t pick them up or their progress resets to 0% when you deploy them again. They disable themselves when they reach 100% because there’s no point in staying switched on when they’re full of science. 

I’ve had some deployed science stuff sitting at 100% done but 0% transmitted, not sure if it’s a CommNet bug preventing the transmission or it’s just blocking transmission beyond 100% completed for each experiment so you can’t keep re-deploying them and farming science (my money is on the latter)

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

I've had variable results with power supply from the solar on deployable science.

@linuxgurugamer built a nice mod for deployable batteries that are useful for this, but the only power you can really rely on for long unattended periods is the deployable RTG.  Cost and science tree is no longer an issue in my current career but I can see how that would hold many back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.