KSP Loading... Preview: Laythe Revamp

St4rdust

But my curiosity is about a planet that yearns to upgrade

Eeloo1-1024x970.jpg

1 minute ago, Kerbalstar said:

Cool! And was that a geyser, or was that my imagination (imagination, most likely, probably just a rock. Still cool. Also, third!)? 

Yes from Breaking Ground

Woah! Fantastic! One of my favourite celestial bodies :D

These graphical updates really make me want a more capable computer. I guess 1.10 will probably revamp the whole Jool system.

5 minutes ago, Kerbalstar said:

Cool! And was that a geyser, or was that my imagination (imagination, most likely, probably just a rock. Still cool. Also, third!)? 

It's a surface feature from Breaking Ground.

Needs more clouds!  What has been updated on Laythe looks good.  Would be nice to see the water shader updated.

Also of note is the relatively low res looking Sun glare.  Is that getting an art pass anytime soon?

Kudos to Squad for creating these amazing revamps, they are truly stunning. @Squd has gone above and beyond with ksp, and I can barely say how thankful we are for their non-stop dedication to the game.

But it’d be really nice if console could be updated....I do know that the Squad doesn’t update console themselves but yeah. 

The ground textures are much better, though I have to say this one particularly well showed that "scanline" near the camera. For example, at 0:37. Is that just a necessary artefact of the improved resolutions or is there some fix in the works?

Edited by RyanRising

Just now, RealKerbal3x said:

That's a good thing. It means we won't have to use a load of mods to make the game look good :wink:

Yes, installing the dependencies really annoyed me.

@Yi C It's actually more than that. The visual enhancement mods of the olden days just shipped higher resolution textures to replace the stock ones.

But this is not just a retexture. This has shader effects. This is what makes it so that the ground never looks blurry or noisy at any kind of altitude - it's a smooth zoom from orbit to surface without any loss of quality. It also helps make the terrain look more detailed than the underlying polygons actually are.

And yes, modders can also use this new system to make visual enhancements that go beyond simple retextures.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.