[1.7.1][1.8.1][1.9.1][1.10.1] Persistent Thrust Extended 1.7.5 (now with background persistent thrust)

FreeThinker

Version 1.4.3 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.9.1

Released on 2020-06-24

• Compiled against KSP 1.8.1
  • Fixed issue where electric engines could lose all thrust after switching from timewarp to realtime with Realism Overhaul installed
6 hours ago, Ciko said:

Thrust turn off when I speed up warp while mechjeb  Maneuver Planner working. Is there way to make it work while  mechjeb  Maneuver Planner make his work?

Could you describe this issue in more detail? Exactly how can I reproduce? What relevant mods do you have installed besides mechjeb  ?

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Could you describe this issue in more detail? Exactly how can I reproduce? What relevant mods do you have installed besides mechjeb  ?

I don't know for certain, but I think he's referring to the fact that mechjeb auto-magically turns off timewarp when executing maneuvers. This would be a mechjeb problem, though. Might not be in the scope of PT

7 hours ago, nubeees said:

I don't know for certain, but I think he's referring to the fact that mechjeb auto-magically turns off timewarp when executing maneuvers. This would be a mechjeb problem, though. Might not be in the scope of PT

Idealy mechjeb would not drop out of timewarp but set the throtle and it would perform like it would durring real time, allowing you to perform complex manouvers, that took minutes down to a few seconds.

12 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Idealy mechjeb would not drop out of timewarp but set the throtle and it would perform like it would durring real time, allowing you to perform complex manouvers, that took minutes down to a few seconds.

Would Mechjeb even be capable of changing the throttle during on-rails timewarp? This is an issue I've run into quite a few times on my KSP-IE career mode save and have always assumed there was just no solution.

Your download package has an file length error.

Did you reupload?

You'll have to contact Netkan to have the cache cleared/corrected for a new hash.

CKAN.InvalidModuleFileKraken: PersistentThrust 1:1.4.5: C:\Users\Scott McCarthy\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp3746.tmp has length 73268, should be 73267
   at CKAN.NetModuleCache.Store(CkanModule module, String path, String description, Boolean move)
   at CKAN.NetAsyncModulesDownloader.ModuleDownloadComplete(Uri url, String filename, Exception error)

On 6/24/2020 at 11:49 PM, FreeThinker said:

Spoiler

EngineGroupController
 FerramAerospaceResearch
 FMRS
 FShangarExtender
 JanitorsCloset
 KerbalJointReinforcement
 Kerbaltek
 KerboKatz
 Kopernicus
 KSCSwitcher
 MechJeb2
 ModularFlightIntegrator
 PersistentThrust
 PreciseManeuver
 ProceduralFairings
 ProceduralParts
 RealChute
 RealFuels
 RealHeat
 RealismOverhaul
 RealPlume
 RealSolarSystem
 ROEngines
 RSSDateTime
 RSS-Textures
 SmokeScreen
 SMURFF
 SolverEngines
 Squad
 SquadExpansion
 TweakScale
 WarpEverywhere
 WasdEditorCamera
 999_Scale_Redist.dll
 ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
 ModuleManager.Physics
 ModuleManager.TechTree
 __LOCAL
 000_ClickThroughBlocker
 000_TexturesUnlimited
 001_ToolbarControl
 AJE
 BetterTimeWarp
 CommunityResourcePack
 CTTP
 DecouplerShroud
 EditorExtensionsRedux

Fox example with stock ion or liquid engine. I execute  mechjab circularisation node. Mechjab auto turn on engine and start circularisation. I don`t want to wait and click to warp arrow. When I click engine turns off and mechjab reverse warp at 0...

15 hours ago, Ciko said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EngineGroupController
 FerramAerospaceResearch
 FMRS
 FShangarExtender
 JanitorsCloset
 KerbalJointReinforcement
 Kerbaltek
 KerboKatz
 Kopernicus
 KSCSwitcher
 MechJeb2
 ModularFlightIntegrator
 PersistentThrust
 PreciseManeuver
 ProceduralFairings
 ProceduralParts
 RealChute
 RealFuels
 RealHeat
 RealismOverhaul
 RealPlume
 RealSolarSystem
 ROEngines
 RSSDateTime
 RSS-Textures
 SmokeScreen
 SMURFF
 SolverEngines
 Squad
 SquadExpansion
 TweakScale
 WarpEverywhere
 WasdEditorCamera
 999_Scale_Redist.dll
 ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
 ModuleManager.Physics
 ModuleManager.TechTree
 __LOCAL
 000_ClickThroughBlocker
 000_TexturesUnlimited
 001_ToolbarControl
 AJE
 BetterTimeWarp
 CommunityResourcePack
 CTTP
 DecouplerShroud
 EditorExtensionsRedux

Fox example with stock ion or liquid engine. I execute  mechjab circularisation node. Mechjab auto turn on engine and start circularisation. I don`t want to wait and click to warp arrow. When I click engine turns off and mechjab reverse warp at 0...

Ok, but what would be the behaviour without Persistent Thrust Mod? Seems to me Mechjeb  quits execution of a circularisation  as soon as you activate timewarp. This is outside of my control.

Edited by FreeThinker

4 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Ok, but what would be the behaviour without Persistent Thrust Mod? Seems to me Mechjeb  quits execution of a circularisation  as soon as you activate timewarp. This is outside of my control.

Now I understand that from mechjab 

On 6/20/2020 at 6:06 AM, JcoolTheShipbuilder said:

amazing mod! though it appears to have an issue with engines that have multiple modes, where one mode works fine with PT, but the other mode just doesnt work and just stops accelerating the ship.

Try again with PT 1.5

On 7/2/2020 at 3:45 PM, FreeThinker said:

Try again with PT 1.5

ok, i will try it now

also, with the 1.10 update, this mod will be very useful for moving million ton comets lol

edit: turns out that to move a 1.3 million ton comet, you need more than just 24 NERVs... once its in kerbin orbit, then it means that i can literally make almost any craft, except for incredibly large crafts. *looks at giant ship from Beyond home planet pack* lol

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

On 6/15/2020 at 7:04 PM, Tonas1997 said:

Would it be possible to add RealPlume support?

Exactly what engine with RealPlume doesn't work? Seems to me it works fine with P.T 1.5

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.5.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10

Released on 2020-07-04

• Compatible with KSP 1.8.1 - 1.10
  • Added persistent heading during vessel load
  • Fixed issue where persistent heading was misaligned when engine up alignment would not correspond with vessel up alignment

On 7/7/2020 at 1:23 AM, BallistX said:

I've had only 1 issue with this mod so far, and that's the fact that it doesn't work when the Navball is set on Target mode.

Weird, it should work. What are you using as a target?

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Weird, it should work. What are you using at a target?

Asteroids and comets, i didn't check if switching to target mode just disabled Persistent Thrust in the ion engines.

I've noticed similar in the past with PT being temperamental about target SAS. The general trend seemed to be if the target was outside the current parent body's SOI, but that didn't seem very reliable.  Haven't been able to play KSP much lately, so can't really confirm this.