[1.7.1][1.8.1][1.9.1][1.10.1] Persistent Thrust Extended 1.7.5 (now with background persistent thrust)

FreeThinker

14 hours ago, BallistX said:

Is there an issue where an outdated version of this mod can cause massive drops in Delta V by causing fuel to drain significantly faster (as if in thrust warp) without increasing thrust?

Yes, in the past there was a version that would effectivly double your fuel consumption durring non time warp

Edited by FreeThinker

On 8/9/2020 at 11:43 AM, Ciko said:

Why this mod not working with realism overhaul engine pack? when I press warp arrow it turn to standart physics 4 warp by default. Maybe is because other "timewarp" mod like Warp everywhere

Yes, that is probably why.

It is not wise to use mods which duplicate efforts.

Ditch one.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:08 AM, TranceaddicT said:

Yes, that is probably why.

It is not wise to use mods which duplicate efforts.

Ditch one.

I delete this "time" mods and still same effect. . it works it doesn't work - every time in different ways. It works best with an ion engine. But if you turn off and turn on the engine, the mod don`t work. And still, at ground level, the physical warp 4x turns on by default...

Also I use only RO engines pack

edit:

Tested only with MM and no mods..Mod don`t working 

Edited by Ciko

On 8/10/2020 at 1:19 AM, FreeThinker said:

Yes, in the past there was a version that would effectivly double your fuel consumption durring non time warp

Good to know it has been fixed - had this problem with version 1.7.0 on 1.10.0 but I knew lots of mods aren't updating before 1.10.1 came out. Thanks !

In my game, occasionally I can't timewarp; something immediately disables it as soon as I engage it.  I think it may have something to do with Persistent Thrust.  Here's a line from my log:

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

prelaunch killing throttle

It spams the log with this.

I don't know if it's mod conflict but persistant thrust has struggle with SRB in my game.

If I have SRB(s) on a spacecraft even after deocuple the SRB(s) persistant thrust thinks the spacecraft doesnt have fuel thus causing same problem as @Entropian. (Space only)

I use outdated version (ksp AVC seems cannot detect them) so it may due to outdated mod (I used .2, latest is .5)

Edited by ssd21345

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2020 at 9:32 PM, Entropian said:

In my game, occasionally I can't timewarp; something immediately disables it as soon as I engage it.  I think it may have something to do with Persistent Thrust.  Here's a line from my log:

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

prelaunch killing throttle

It spams the log with this.

I have the same exact issue

• 2 weeks later...

hmm... im getting a weird bug where using the sabre engines from B9 aerospace, their thrust doesnt skyrocket after the sound barrier, actually, their thrust doesnt change at all, do i just disable persistenthrust for them?

nvm it doesnt seem to be the case my craft just didnt have enough engines and the ALT+F12 aero debug confirmed the engines ere, in fact, ramping up

tho if i have two different kinds of engines (sabre and nuclear turbojet), and i turn off the sabres to cruise on the turbojet to nearly orbit, the throttle gets locked at 0, turning off that engine.. actually, for whatever reason, if any engine is turned off, throttle is set to 0

Edited by JcoolTheShipbuilder

• 1 month later...

i've found a pretty massive bug with this, when loaded with restock, engines don't work in career mode. for some reason this doesn't happen in sandbox and science. anyone know how to fix this? i love persistent thrust and restock, and i don't want to have to choose between them.

UPDATE: switched to 1.8.0 and it's fixed, nevermind

Edited by Roostergod

• 3 weeks later...

I cant delete persistentthrust from my computer, it just says its open in another program when KSP is closed. even when everything else except for the windows file manager itself

Its only the DLL file and i can edit it, i can add stuff but not take anything out

It started i think yesterday with a fresh install of it

I can copy paste it and delete those copies but the original cant be deleted for some reason

Edited by Souptime

• 3 weeks later...

Any reason a setup with two stock nuclear engines would result in zero thrust while timewarping?

*edit:

snips from ksp.log:

[ERR 19:02:38.145] Module PersistentEngine threw during OnUpdate: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
  at UniLinq.Enumerable.Average[TSource] (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] source, System.Func`2[T,TResult] selector) [0x0007a] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 
  at PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.OnUpdate () [0x000ae] in <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0 
  at Part.ModulesOnUpdate () [0x0004a] in <f8bc9e2b903e48a5b248ab0083c07c62>:0 

Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.FetchActiveEngineModule () (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
    PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.FixedUpdate () (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 19:32:10.068] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <ad04dee02e7e4a85a1299c7ee81c79f6>:0)
    PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.FetchActiveEngineModule () (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
    PersistentThrust.PersistentEngine.FixedUpdate () (at <c21f67e9fc9e4095932061aa47eea29a>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 19:32:10.071] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Persistant Thrust must just not play nice with the latest version of KSP I suppose?

Edited by nubeees

@FreeThinker, I think I've found a problem that may be related to some issues reported in September.  In base KSP 1.11, no expansions or other mods, and with Persistent Thrust Defaults all set to Disabled in Settings (be sure to confirm still disabled on craft in VAB).  When launching a craft, PAW click on the engines before activation and you'll see Specific Impulse is reading as 0 sec, and Prop Requirement Met prop at 0%.  Activate the engines and throttle up and you'll see the engines stuttering, with Isp, thrust, and Prop Reqts also fluttering.  It doesn't get resolved until the Persistent Thrust button is set to enable.  Which becomes problematic if engines weren't cloned together as a group at assembly.

This has also worked just manually resetting everything to Disabled in the VAB before launch.  The easy answer is probably just keep everything at Enabled, but I'm concerned about leaving an engine running when jumping to warp (a cheaty way to stabilize a tumbling craft), so I make a point of only enabling it on specific craft, like those with ion engines.

I don't know if this is related to KSP 1.11's dv calculations, which are currently causing havoc with MJ and KER, but it happens with both manned and probe core-only craft (I don't have an instance of 1.10.1 anymore to test). 

On 12/21/2020 at 4:38 AM, Ciko said:

How can I enable PersistentThrust by default in sandbox mode?

From the Space Center view, Pause the game (Esc), click Settings, click Difficulty Options, then click the Persistent Thrust Button.  Keep in mind, it may not apply those settings to previously saved or operating craft.  I think it only kicks in on new-build craft.

Edited by KSPrynk