[1.7.1][1.8.1][1.9.1][1.10.1] Persistent Thrust Extended 1.7.5 (now with background persistent thrust)

FreeThinker

My engines appear to be producing lower thrust when I'm timewarping, is this a known issue with 1.11? At 1000x they're down to only 15% thrust (fuel and power consumption follows so it's not impacting Isp; basically just throttling down), and I double checked that I have enough power to run them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 9:41 PM, SpaceX_Boi said:

This mod is great and all, but I have one super annoying issue -

Sometimes, for unknown reasons, I can't timewarp. I try using the period key and clicking on the timewarp bar, but nothing happens :huh:

any help appreciated! :( 

I have the same problem here

I have had an issue with PT where if I have multiple craft in orbit, and I set my throttle on one craft, both craft will fire their engines. Both engines are stock. I do like this mod as it makes it much faster to do burns, but it is very annoying to have to disable all my engines each time on all my crafts, and makes reusable SSTOs a hassle.

Edited by Legionary Lemming

2 hours ago, dlrk said:

I can't tell from the thread if this works or does not work in 1.11

That's an excellent question. I ran into persistent problems in 1.11.2. Not sure if it was just this mod or it's interactions with other mods I had loaded.  Uninstalled this and things went back to nominal. Never investigated the problem further. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, reducing said:

In 1.11.2 on career its preventing modded engines from firing, removing the mod removes the problem.

I'm having this issue as well. Very strange. Only affects engines in career mode, and for me it was the juno jet engine that I noticed wasn't working. For now I'll go without it but a fix for this would be great. If there's anything I can provide about my install that would help diagnose the problem, I'll gladly provide it.

• 2 weeks later...

Whenever crafts (including debris) enter/exit physics range or load/unload range, and that craft has an engine, my game spams "time warp 1x" and prevents me from using any time warp. Is there a fix? I don't have much of a better way to do 17min engine burns with large crafts than this

it seems like i have the same problems with some people too, one is that i cant timewarp and i have to go to the space center and back to the craft if i wanna warp again, another is in early career mode I cant fire the SRB's. i feel like there was another but i cant remember it

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/4/2021 at 6:00 AM, Kielm said:

Persistent thrust is moderately broken in 1.11.2, lots of errors and intermittently working. Better time warp can be used as an alternative.

I'm getting the 'propellant depleted' bug with a stock ion thruster but no errors. What's producing errors? Shifting SOI

3 hours ago, Meid said:

any plans to update this to 1.12? Really need this for NFT ion burns

Are you getting any problems using it in 1.12? It seems to be working for me, just a bit picky over propellant/electricity requirements...

2 minutes ago, nubeees said:

Are you getting any problems using it in 1.12? It seems to be working for me, just a bit picky over propellant/electricity requirements...

I could not even load in :( crash on launch for me

1 hour ago, Meid said:

I could not even load in :( crash on launch for me

Weird... Conflict with another mod maybe? 

Edit: Also are you using the most recent version of module manager? I could see that causing problems if its out of date

Edited by nubeees

4 minutes ago, nubeees said:

Weird... Conflict with another mod maybe? 

Edit: Also are you using the most recent version of module manager? I could see that causing problems if its out of date

Probably a conflict, I don't really wanna waste time figuring it out before this gets updated though. back on 1.11 it was buggy enough. Plus, I still havent even got up to needing to do really long burns in my career mode yet.

Just now, Meid said:

Probably a conflict, I don't really wanna waste time figuring it out before this gets updated though. back on 1.11 it was buggy enough. Plus, I still havent even got up to needing to do really long burns in my career mode yet.

Yeah I was trying to see if I could hotfix this mod myself- but I can't actually find any conflicts on my end so I really can't do anything unfortunately... 

8 minutes ago, nubeees said:

Yeah I was trying to see if I could hotfix this mod myself- but I can't actually find any conflicts on my end so I really can't do anything unfortunately... 

I think the main issue is that one where you can't time accelerate that people were getting - super frustrating.

Isn't the mod designed from KSPIE code though? I think the engines from that have it builtin. It's just irritating because I'm running both KSPIE and NFT+FFT and I disabled the KSPIE patches for Nertea's parts so I can use systemheat as I prefer it to KSPIE heat.

21 minutes ago, Meid said:

I think the main issue is that one where you can't time accelerate that people were getting - super frustrating.

Isn't the mod designed from KSPIE code though? I think the engines from that have it builtin. It's just irritating because I'm running both KSPIE and NFT+FFT and I disabled the KSPIE patches for Nertea's parts so I can use systemheat as I prefer it to KSPIE heat.

KSPIE AND NNT/FFT? You live on the edge :P

I've found the one that kicks you out of timewarp seems to happen when the energy demands from your engines for a given physics frame exceed the amount you have stored-- even of power generation more than makes up for the difference. At least I'm pretty sure that's the issue... 

15 minutes ago, nubeees said:

KSPIE AND NNT/FFT? You live on the edge :P

Also Interstellar Technologies, Blueshift, Pathfinder, Kerbal Atomics and Stockalike Station Parts lol. It's so fun, so expansive, but it runs at 3fps most of the time. Add GU and OPM for ultimate progression lol. To make it even more fun I try to only launch crew from Kerbin, most large ships for interplanetary travel are built off world on Minmus :D

Edited by Meid

48 minutes ago, Meid said:

Does not work for me at all. Even stops me from timewarping occasionally. I can now get it to load but it just doesn't work.

That makes a bit of sense actually; KSP-IE has its own built-in version of persistent thrust afaik, and FFT's FAQ says its not compatible with KSP-IE

It's probably persistent thrust conflicting with KSP-IE's persistent thrust

You would think that the version of Persistent Thrust built into (actually bundled with) KSP-IE and the stand-alone version available here would be one and the same thing, down to each individual line of code. Alas, that appears to not be the case.

I was looking to use this in my current (1.12.2) playthru of KSP, but seeing that it's full of bugs and I don't want to add the entirety of KSP-IE to my game, it looks like I'm going to have to go without for the time being.

Hopefully this gets updated to at least a "functional" status sometime soon (ie. fix the "no time warp allowed" and "cant fire the engines" bugs, along with the other weirdness).

I'm subscribing to this thread so that I don't have to be annoying and constantly ask for how the update is coming along.

• 3 weeks later...