[1.7.1][1.8.1][1.9.1][1.10.1] Persistent Thrust Extended 1.7.5 (now with background persistent thrust)

FreeThinker

On 10/24/2022 at 9:29 PM, intelliCom said:

Yet another irritable KSP 1.12 player here. Has there been any news on getting Persistent Thrust working properly for 1.12? @linuxgurugamer?

Update: Persistent Thrust seems to be working fine on latest Kopernicus as of this date. I'm not sure what problems everyone else was going through, but I'll have to use it a bit more to figure it out.

Edit: I have found a few quirks so far. Will update this comment as I find more. I also have persistent rotation, so some of these might be caused by that:

• Upon staging an empty stage, increasing throttle on the current vessel results in the previous stage also accelerating, moving insanely quick in whatever direction its facing despite the lack of fuel and control. After going outside of 2200 meters, this acceleration stops. This would not be good for detaching two spacecraft Apollo-style.
  • On occasion, timewarp will just fail to work, both regular and physics. It seems to only be when I am on a suborbital trajectory. I suspect that the timewarp changes correctly, but then instantaneously changes back to x1 timewarp. Can sometimes fix it by turning my rocket engines on and off.
  • Cutting back to x1 timewarp is very sudden and instantaneous, no gradually slowing down or anything. The moment "/" is pressed, time returns to normal. This has the unintended consequence of automatic timewarps stopping too early. Timewarping to any point in a trajectory, whether by clicking directly on it or going to a maneuver node, results in the craft halting long before the actual point is reached proper, which would have happened with gradual slowdown.
Edited by intelliCom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod breaks both air breathing engines like the rapier and the pulsed plasma/vasimir engines from near future. they no longer even show in the electrical window and consume less EC at higher power level instead of more. even worse the EC required changes depending on what power setting it was when launched. so if you launch it with more than 0 power setting it becomes unusable. As for the rapier it does let its thrust go above static thrust making it unusable.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Was looking for something to use during long electric engine burns. Sometimes it can be hours.. Time Control helps to some extent, but even a 10x can be a long burn. Would be great if this was updated again.  :)

• 4 months later...

Sometimes I try timewarping and the game refuses to let me. @intelliCom says turning the engines on and off sometimes works but does nothing for me.

What can I do??

I understand that this is old and outdated and BetterTimeWarp is a better option, but warping at say 32x physics time warp with a very-high-part-count craft is going to produce... less than ideal framerates.

• 4 months later...

I've encountered a bug, atleast using the KSPI plasma nozzle paired with a tokomak fusion reactor. I have a ship with a vtol lander attached to it, with the vtol engines pointed perpindicular to the rest of the craft. Despite them being turned off, they seem to receive priority over the plasma nozzle which is enabled. The craft gains no thrust from the plasma nozzle under timewarp, but the vtol engines (which are just the restock twich engines) will cause the ship to move undertime warp if I activate them.

• 4 weeks later...