[Min KSP 1.11] Mk-33: X-33-inspired parts for KSP!

Angelo Kerman

Apologies if I've missed something. I appear to be missing the Launchpad part. Are you able to tell me where to get it from? I there a specific way to enable it or something? 
Thanks

Edit - reinstalled from Github, appears now. had it on CKAN prev. 

Edited by sergeikat
fix

22 minutes ago, sergeikat said:

Apologies if I've missed something. I appear to be missing the Launchpad part. Are you able to tell me where to get it from? I there a specific way to enable it or something? 
Thanks

Edit - reinstalled from Github, appears now. had it on CKAN prev. 

The Mk-33 Launch Platform is available out of the box and is located in the WildBlueIndustries/Mk-33/Parts/Structural folder. The Mk-33 Launchpad is in the same folder, but you won't see it unless you have Dock Rotate installed.

On 1/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, namreK haidebeJ said:

I can't get the Strongback to work no matter what I do. The arm just goes limp when I rotate it and the ship ends up clipping through, or the arm rotates too far back.

I haven't seen this issue and I'm using it in my 1.12 career game. Make sure you have DockRotate installed.

1 hour ago, namreK haidebeJ said:

I do have DockRotate installed, this is what I mean by it clipping through https://imgur.com/a/jDYbTfz

Looks like you are using the launch platform instead of the launchpad. For the platform, the strongback isn’t intended to rotate. Instead, be sure to turn on same vessel interaction on both the strongback and the aft fuel tank. That will help. 

On 1/25/2022 at 12:24 PM, Angel-125 said:

Looks like you are using the launch platform instead of the launchpad. For the platform, the strongback isn’t intended to rotate. Instead, be sure to turn on same vessel interaction on both the strongback and the aft fuel tank. That will help. 

I did everything you said, but the strongback now just kind of "pops" out of position and stays there, not rotating up. It sinks into the launchpad and destroys the nosecone in the process.

1 hour ago, namreK haidebeJ said:

I did everything you said, but the strongback now just kind of "pops" out of position and stays there, not rotating up. It sinks into the launchpad and destroys the nosecone in the process.

Hm, only other thing I can think of is to edit the strongback's config and remove the DockRotate module. See if that helps.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:13 PM, Angel-125 said:

Hm, only other thing I can think of is to edit the strongback's config and remove the DockRotate module. See if that helps.

Sorry for the late reply, I removed the DockRotate module from the strongback, and in a desperate attempt to preserve its rotating capability, I have been experimenting with robotics parts. Or maybe the strongback could be a giant hinge, or I could edit a stock part to make an ultra-powerful servo to move it.

10 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

does someone have a patch that converts the X-33 to use Hydrolox?

That patch exists as an inactive .txt file in an Extras folder within this mod. You must change its file extension to .cfg to enable it.

• 1 month later...

Thinkin about a Mars trip.

Spoiler

At first we were like "hey this reactor not only powers the lab and recyclers, it's also keeping the food warm..." and then we were like "maybe that's not so great...?"  So now there's a lot of battery and shielding (mainly pillows and rolled up blankets) in between the reactor and most of the food so that should be fine.

Anyway, this is the crew-centric portion of the mission plan. It supports a crew of 10 for long enough to get to Mars orbit. Or, to miss Mars completely and have to come back home instead.  Lots of stuff will be waiting for us in Mars orbit and on the surface already, so this is the really juicy part of the mission. I.e. the part where juices can be spilled. Everywhere. Suddenly. INTO THE VACUUM OF SPACE. :awe:

5uwx9GL.png

4 hours ago, Fabled_Mike said:

It is very uncontroplable while reentry and landing how do i fix this

You need to rotate the wings forwards until the lift direction widget points straight up... or as close to straight up as it can get. It should glide really well after that.

Would it be possible for a nosecone door variant without a docking port? I'd like to use the benjee apas and bdb cads systems on this thing to nosedock with other vessels, and I couldn't figure out a solution that fits the default nosecone door. thanks

On 3/25/2022 at 11:24 PM, flamerboy67664 said:

Would it be possible for a nosecone door variant without a docking port? I'd like to use the benjee apas and bdb cads systems on this thing to nosedock with other vessels, and I couldn't figure out a solution that fits the default nosecone door. thanks

I could definitely make use of this, too! 

• 1 month later...

so I installed this off CKAN and it seems some of the parts are missing; I see someone else had this problem, although the parts appear to be in the gamedata folder, I can't find like the engines, landing gear, or the piece that attaches between the cockpit and the docking port/rcs nose - must this be manually installed or is there a way to fix a ckan install?  or am I just missing something in my part search (I have a lot of other mods)... would be cool if it supported modular fuel tanks too, I might be able to whip up a patch file for MM to allow that (ie, I'd like to attach KSPIE thermal antimatter engines to it because why not, and I need HTP ejection mass for that)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 3:06 PM, Angel-125 said:

Mk33 1.2.1 is now available:

- Added Waterfall effects support- thanks @Rodger! :)
- The Mk-33 Nose Cone is now animated and can open and close like its docking nose cone cousin.

NICE ! I was just checking this thread for this exact same thing, I love the engine included but wasn't a fan of the plumes so this will be great for me. I'm in love with this mod <3 My main method of transportation in my current RSS save, works beautifully as a space shuttle-ish cargo vehicle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...