[Min KSP 1.11] Mk-33: X-33-inspired parts for KSP!

Angelo Kerman

@Angel-125 Another great mod - the parts look amazing! I look forward to seeing further development!

iPx5ukN.png

Also, thanks for including the 3.75m mount on the aerospike engine. It means I can build stuff like this:

rZLyr1O.png

I know that these parts were designed with the Restock style in mind, but I found that the aerospike engine actually does still fit quite well with the stock 3.75m tank textures. (I prefer the stock textures anyway, please don't kill me :P)

One thing to note, though: it does still seem a bit overpowered for stock scale even if you empty the forward and aft tanks. Without anything in the payload bay, it ended up accelerating at 10g during ascent and had 1.5km/s dV left in LKO. I didn't actually test it in flight, but I put a 50t dummy payload in the cargo bay in the VAB and it still had enough dV to reach orbit. 

I love this mod, would it be possible to get some vertical cargo bays? I'd like to use this to launch my science rockets or a non-recoverable rover and I need a vertical cargo bay.

It would also be awesome if you could create a rear diffuser that covers the top over the engines to make the entire top of the plane sleek. If there was a few attachment nodes on it to we could add some aero effects to aid in aerodynamics. I really love this plane!!!!

2 hours ago, KIMCHI said:

I love this mod, would it be possible to get some vertical cargo bays? I'd like to use this to launch my science rockets or a non-recoverable rover and I need a vertical cargo bay.

It would also be awesome if you could create a rear diffuser that covers the top over the engines to make the entire top of the plane sleek. If there was a few attachment nodes on it to we could add some aero effects to aid in aerodynamics. I really love this plane!!!!

The part set is pretty much set at this point. I have to finish up the cockpit and make some launchpad parts, then it's done. Still aiming for mid-July but it's looking more like August...

Speaking of the cockpit, the canopy's windows are in place at last:

B4sKJB2.png

The texture is still a placeholder though...

sYlztFL.png

Edited by Angel-125

24 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

It looks to me as though it s still in early development , I might be mistaken . Still , don't pester mod developers

It is still pre-release. Not all of the parts are done yet. While I am currently working on the last Mk-33 part, I still have the launchpad parts to do. And I am still tweaking the existing parts... yesterday the aft tank got a variant that removes the docking pylons animation if you don’t have DockRotate installed (which will be needed to rotate the stongback).

So yeah, I can confirm that is is not done yet. The cockpit should be done end of the month and hopefully the rest by August.

Edited by Angel-125

10 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@Angel-125  :o  This looks so cool!  

Now... which game to remove so that I can actually run KSP 1.9....  

Minimum version I officially support is 1.8.1, but it works in 1.7.1 as well.

Meanwhile I'm off to take care of personal stuff, so I'll finish up the day with this:

oZJtrGy.png

14 minutes ago, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Is this/will it be sized for JNSQ, or just stock solar system? Most of the BDB-alike mods are sized to JNSQ

As noted in the OP:

ZX7r0CF.png

Optimized for JNSQ (which I play), and also works just fine in stock. Above is the suggested fuel loadout.

Also, this isn't created to BDB-alike, it's Restock-alike. :)

Edited by Angel-125